PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations from HBO Max

MCerberus
2020-05-27, 05:35 PM
Well, HBO Max just launched and its library is maybe a bit different than what people expected. It looks like instead of leveraging the entire backlog it's more of a curated set from the non-HBO stuff.

What I find interesting though, is the TCM offerings. Talking with my friends and it's like the old days of Netflix. The Rankin Bass Hobbit cartoon is literally 2 choices away from Hidden Fortress. So, does anyone see anything they're surprised with and think people would like?

Mine is would be, if you're in a certain mood and like movie history, giving Battleship Potemkin a watch.
Oh, and Loony Toons theatrical short collection is a deep ocean of nostalgia. They... colorized some of the Merry Melodies shorts it looks like.

bestspinner
2020-05-28, 03:49 AM
Cant wait to watch Tenet.

Psyren
2020-06-03, 10:47 AM
Doctor Who (at least the modern ones) appears to have moved there, so we've been watching that - starting back from 9, just finished "Dalek."

Ramza00
2020-06-03, 10:51 AM
There is a lot of DC animated stuff. Both the old animated stuff like Batman the Animated Series, the new good stuff like Harley Quinn, and the new meh stuff but you might as well watch once such as the 20 or so DC animated movies.