PDA

View Full Version : Optimization all day minions via druid?

newguydude1
2020-05-29, 11:20 AM
{Scrubbed}

sorcerers, and wizards have necromancy, planar binding, simulacrum, polymorph + assume supernatural ability to get access to su abilities that give minions like ravid and thoon.
clerics have necromancy and with the right domains can get planar binding and simulacrum. it takes extreme effort to get clerics polymorph but doable.
psions have power point regeneration which can, with extreme effort, almost emulate at-will astral construct. and they got duration: concentration summons, polymorph + metamorphic transfer.

druids... what do they have?
animal companion. duh. anything else?
greendbound ashbound summoning doesnt count since it doesnt last all day. i know its ridiculously powerful but i dont care. i want all day minions not powerful few times a day minions.

elemental swarm almost qualifies. it lasts long enough that multiple castings can last all day. but unfortunately druid doesnt have enough spell slots to make it last all day.

prc walker in the waste lets druids make salt mummies. but they kinda suck imo.

shambler spell definitely qualifies. lasts 7 days or 7 months.

anything else? i am completely new to druids. please help!!!

list:

spells
phantom stag
shambler
shapechange, the right forms su ability creates minions.
valiant steed
cry of ysgard
fey ring (web)

noncombat spells
beget bogun
wood wose
bottle of smoke

prc
contemplative with the right domain (druids get to use domain spells 1/day for each level, complete divine p.20)
walker in the waste
beastmaster

feats
nightbringer initiate, adds create greater undead to druid spell list
summon elemental, lets me summon elementals at will for free
wild cohort (web)

Darrin
2020-05-29, 01:23 PM
Druids generally don't need all-day minions because they can spam summon nature's ally (nearly) all day.

Handle Animal. Surround your enemies with "Mule Walls". You can either find them in their natural habitat, or buy them. Warbeasts cost about 75GP per HD. This means you can buy a Battletitan Dinosaur for about 2800 GP.

Spells:

Beget Bogun (Spell Compendium, treehuggers homunculus)
Wood Wose (Spell Compendium, treehugger's unseen servant)
Bottle of Smoke (Spell Compendium, treehugger's spectral steed)
Valiant Servant (Book of Exalted Deeds, unicorn serves you for a year)
Fey Ring (this article (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040710a), treehugger's planar ally/binding)

Nifft
2020-05-29, 01:38 PM
Leadership.

Psyren
2020-05-29, 03:13 PM
Fey Ring (this article (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040710a), treehugger's planar ally/binding)

Pathfinder has a similar line of spells called Entice Fey. (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/entice-fey-lesser/) Similar HD limits, but available earlier, and if the fey refuses the service you get to keep the material component and offering. You need to pass a fairly tough skill check to get the fey to show up though.

Gruftzwerg
2020-05-29, 04:15 PM
druids... what do they have?
animal companion. duh. anything else?

How about more Animal Companions via Beastmaster (Complete Adventurer)?
Run around with your personal animal park ^^

Kaleph
2020-05-29, 06:02 PM
According to Ctrl+F "Wild cohort" (link here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a)) hasn't been mentioned yet.

The exalted spell "Cry of Ysgard" gives you some Bariaur, it's similar to valiant steed.

EDIT: phantom stag also lasts 1 hour/level, could be useful.

Dalmosh
2020-05-29, 06:51 PM
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?289516-3-5-The-rather-inefficient-quot-Yellow-Musk-Creeper-Zombie-Factory-quot

You could potentially do something similar with a Myconid circle or a Twigblight grove depending on your DM.

Ramza00
2020-05-29, 08:31 PM
Fey Ring which was mentioned earlier, and the similar spells that was mentioned earlier from Pathfinders.

Also Phantom Stag which is an upgraded Phantom Steed mount, but also has a damaging attack and lots of hit points. For example at caster level 9 the phantom stag has 85 hit points (40 base, plus 5 additional ones per caster level, and you want to do caster level boosters such as prayer beads for it gets awesome abilities the higher caster level up to 18 CL giving you etherealness the spell at will.)

-----

Seriously Phantom Stag is an awesome spell in general, but especially if your DM would allow the spell point variant of druid!

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-05-29, 11:15 PM
There's various ways to get access to Domains as a Druid. Pick one, choose the Summoner Domain. That gets you Planar Ally, Gate, and a handful of Summon Monster spells, notably SMIII. Use SMIII to take 2 levels of Malconvoker. That adds the Planar Binding spells to your list. Proceed to laugh at the limited casters who only get half the summoning spells you have.

newguydude1
2020-05-29, 11:22 PM
There's various ways to get access to Domains as a Druid. Pick one, choose the Summoner Domain. That gets you Planar Ally, Gate, and a handful of Summon Monster spells, notably SMIII. Use SMIII to take 2 levels of Malconvoker. That adds the Planar Binding spells to your list. Proceed to laugh at the limited casters who only get half the summoning spells you have.

what are the ways of get access to domains as druid? i cant find it. please tell me!!!

NotASpiderSwarm
2020-05-29, 11:50 PM
what are the ways of get access to domains as druid? i cant find it. please tell me!!!
The Druid Handbook.
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook
Most of the options are Prestige Classes that grant domains. If they don't grant the one you want, that's fine, you just worship any god that grants the Summoning Domain, then use a Wand(or custom magic item) of Substitute Domain from Complete Champion.

Endarire
2020-05-30, 12:02 AM
Not mentioned already: Craft Construct. Druids qualify for it by RAW, though it's 3 feats generally better put on another character.

Ensuring they're mentioned: Simulacrum, planar ally, planar binding, and similar also work.

newguydude1
2020-05-30, 12:10 AM
The Druid Handbook.
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook
Most of the options are Prestige Classes that grant domains. If they don't grant the one you want, that's fine, you just worship any god that grants the Summoning Domain, then use a Wand(or custom magic item) of Substitute Domain from Complete Champion.

oh my god!!!

If a noncleric enters a prestige class that allows access to a domain, the character still gains access to the domain. She can use the granted power bestowed by the domain
normally. If she memorizes spells like a druid, paladin, or ranger, then she can simply choose to memorize one of that domain’s spells instead of one of her usual spells, but never more than one domain spell of each level.

druids do the get domain spells!!!!!

i love 3.5!!!! theres always a way around everything!!!

DwarvenWarCorgi
2020-05-30, 01:45 AM
According to Ctrl+F "Wild cohort" (link here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a)) hasn't been mentioned yet.

The exalted spell "Cry of Ysgard" gives you some Bariaur, it's similar to valiant steed.

EDIT: phantom stag also lasts 1 hour/level, could be useful.

In addition to Cry of Ysgard, BoED has Call Faithful Servants, also a year long "summon." D4 lantern archons, mustevals or coure eladrins per casting.
A lot of people like the lantern archons, but for a combat oriented campaign the mustevals can Magic Missle at will.

newguydude1
2020-05-30, 07:26 AM
In addition to Cry of Ysgard, BoED has Call Faithful Servants, also a year long "summon." D4 lantern archons, mustevals or coure eladrins per casting.
A lot of people like the lantern archons, but for a combat oriented campaign the mustevals can Magic Missle at will.

not on the druid or sanctified spell list so not available to druids.

Psyren
2020-05-30, 01:09 PM

It's in the Celestial Domain if you can pick that one up.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2020-05-30, 02:29 PM
My bad, really thought that was on the Sanctified list.