PDA

View Full Version : Learning to summon nature's allies

Laharal
2007-10-27, 01:31 AM
Hi, since July, I've been playing d and d 3.5 and I took the Druid class.
However, I've never summoned nature's allies for lack of purpose and knowledge but now, I really want to know how to use the spell correctly.

My question is: when summoning, do you take the creature as it is in the PHB or do you have to advance it the same way you advance your animal companion.

Many thanks

Note: What happens to you animal companion when you shapeshift?

mostlyharmful
2007-10-27, 05:28 AM
Hi, since July, I've been playing d and d 3.5 and I took the Druid class.
However, I've never summoned nature's allies for lack of purpose and knowledge but now, I really want to know how to use the spell correctly.

My question is: when summoning, do you take the creature as it is in the PHB or do you have to advance it the same way you advance your animal companion.

Many thanks

Note: What happens to you animal companion when you shapeshift?

The summoned allies are the same as in the monster manual, and nothing happens to your companion they just carry on obeying you. An animal companion isn't the same as a familiar which would be able to share your spells instead they're an essentially normal member of their specises which becomes stronger and tougher by their association with you.

Awetugiw
2007-10-27, 06:40 AM
The summoned allies are the same as in the monster manual
If you don't have augment summoning, that is. And if you intend to use summoning a lot you should have it.

Laharal
2007-10-27, 11:27 AM
Thanks. So say that even in a bear form I can still command my wolf even f I can't use common?

mostlyharmful
2007-10-27, 11:31 AM
Druid's get an extraordinary ability, Link, to use handle animal as a free action with their animal companion. and a +4 on the check. So you should be able to yes.