PDA

View Full Version : Optimisation Blood hunter lycan

berserker7878
2020-05-31, 07:37 AM
Hi guys,

I am a hunter of blood lv 3, human with the feat polearme master.

30 PV, 16 AC

16 str, 14 dex, 12 const, 8 intel, 14 wis, 8 cha

we are a group of 4 people

- human barbarian ancestral guardian
- halfing divination wizard
- human druid circle of moon
- human blood hunter lycan (tiger)

I am therefore the physical dps of the group because the barbarian is group tanking oriented

I'm pretty happy with the class and the turn that my damage takes.
the life / damage ratio is very good.

but I would like to know where those who have already played blood hunter, advice for stats, feat, objects to have

I'm not saying that I would have his items, but if I can orient my choices it's always better, the campaign is quite hard so I would like to increase my survival xhance.

I would like:

- increase my dps
- increase my pvs
- increase my survival

iTreeby
2020-05-31, 07:30 PM
Hi guys,

I am a hunter of blood lv 3, human with the feat polearme master.

30 PV, 16 AC

16 str, 14 dex, 12 const, 8 intel, 14 wis, 8 cha

we are a group of 4 people

- human barbarian ancestral guardian
- halfing divination wizard
- human druid circle of moon
- human blood hunter lycan (tiger)

I am therefore the physical dps of the group because the barbarian is group tanking oriented

I'm pretty happy with the class and the turn that my damage takes.
the life / damage ratio is very good.

but I would like to know where those who have already played blood hunter, advice for stats, feat, objects to have

I'm not saying that I would have his items, but if I can orient my choices it's always better, the campaign is quite hard so I would like to increase my survival xhance.

I would like:

- increase my dps
- increase my pvs
- increase my survival

You should dump strength and ditch polearm master because you have too many things with your bonus action already (transform, transformed unarmed strike, crimson rights, most blood curses)and, your unarmed strikes deal comperable damage. Because you won't always be able to be in hybrid form and doesn't have a range option, archery style is probably the best fighting style to pick as a lycan.

cloudskullzs
2020-08-23, 08:55 AM
You should dump strength and ditch polearm master because you have too many things with your bonus action already (transform, transformed unarmed strike, crimson rights, most blood curses)and, your unarmed strikes deal comperable damage. Because you won't always be able to be in hybrid form and doesn't have a range option, archery style is probably the best fighting style to pick as a lycan.
Why do People keep trying to push Unarmed only to Lycan ? Feral Might boosts ALL melee attacks not just Unarmed, not only that it functions like a Rage so it stacks with Weapon +X dmg boost and whatever extra effect the weapon can give, in this case it even gets him Reach and a higher Dice.
He wants optimisation even if he had no Polearm master it would still be better to get Duelist and do 1 Weapon attack then 2 Unarmed ( Headbutts , Kicks , Shoulder , Bite ) .
For Better Dpr and Raw Survivability i would Reccomend Shield + Quarterstaff/Spear and Duelist ( with Polearms and Duelist its gets really better than glaive since no brutal critical, but you lose Reach).
Oh and try to take the last round of watch so you can cast Blood Rite and recover it as soon as the rest is over ( you gonna have to glue your fists to it to last)

ProsecutorGodot
2020-08-23, 09:45 AM
Why do People keep trying to push Unarmed only to Lycan ? Feral Might boosts ALL melee attacks not just Unarmed, not only that it functions like a Rage so it stacks with Weapon +X dmg boost and whatever extra effect the weapon can give, in this case it even gets him Reach and a higher Dice.
He wants optimisation even if he had no Polearm master it would still be better to get Duelist and do 1 Weapon attack then 2 Unarmed ( Headbutts , Kicks , Shoulder , Bite ) .
For Better Dpr and Raw Survivability i would Reccomend Shield + Quarterstaff/Spear and Duelist ( with Polearms and Duelist its gets really better than glaive since no brutal critical, but you lose Reach).
Oh and try to take the last round of watch so you can cast Blood Rite and recover it as soon as the rest is over ( you gonna have to glue your fists to it to last)

A few things:
-You're correct, it affects all melee damage, but automatically gaining bonuses to hit and damage for your unarmed strikes. You're not guaranteed a magical polearm.

You could benefit from using both, as your unarmed strikes are only good while transformed.
-You can't use your blood rite this way, it ends when you finish a rest.
-Polearm Master isn't optimal for a Lycan period imo, you are absolutely overloaded with bonus actions.

cloudskullzs
2020-08-23, 10:00 AM
A few things:
-You're correct, it affects all melee damage, but automatically gaining bonuses to hit and damage for your unarmed strikes. You're not guaranteed a magical polearm.

You could benefit from using both, as your unarmed strikes are only good while transformed.
-You can't use your blood rite this way, it ends when you finish a rest.
-Polearm Master isn't optimal for a Lycan period imo, you are absolutely overloaded with bonus actions.

-Guess my DM spoiled me, we always had atleast +1 weapons at 7

-Forgot about the Rest part , my bad

True, but he already started with it so i tried to work with it as set in stone. ( Edit: not that it matters since the post is 3 months old , but to people that finds itself in the same place for some reason )