PDA

View Full Version : Modron Run

jesterjeff
2020-05-31, 11:09 AM
So, I have Descent into Averus, and was smitten with the Hellriders. So I decided to use them to give my players a unique game.
Teams have been recruited throughout the multiverse by the Sensates for a unique experience. The Modrons are marching again.
Each team will ride a unique vehicle and race to pace or stay ahead of the March. No holds barred.
Death Race along the Wheel, Fury Road through the planes.
I'm waiting for 2 players to complete their sheets. One has a Clockwork Soul Changeling sorcerer, the second is working on a Dragonborn vengeance paladin, no idea on my third.

I'll offer Hellriders, giant space hamster drawn battlewagons, spelljammer tanks, nautiloid battle snails, the weirder the better. All broadcast via crystal ball bracelets to all the taverns and sports bars of Sigil.

Mr Adventurer
2020-05-31, 11:57 AM
I love this idea. Can I also suggest elemental chariots powered by bound elementals like in Eberron and clockwork magitech stalkers from strange parts of Mechanus?

Millstone85
2020-05-31, 12:14 PM
That sounds fun. Wacky Races, Great Wheel edition.

Wouldn't the teams soon find themselves way ahead of the March, though? As far as I know, the modrons are travelling by foot, and may not even be in a hurry. You could change that by giving them clockwork vehicles of their own. Heck, I would make Primus more like his namesake from another franchise, sending a whole bunch of maruts and warforged colossi that transform and roll out. :smallcool:

I also imagine that, from Arcadia to Elysium, it would be a wide open road, the locals having properly evacuated the itinerary of the March. The teams would be the main threat to each other. Then, from the Beastlands to Ysgard, celestial pranksters would have prepared all sorts of illusions and amusing traps. The rest of the planes would be much tougher, with slaadi and fiends actually trying to stop the March.

Would the March return to the Outlands every two outer planes, as was canon, or would it simply move in a circle?

jesterjeff
2020-05-31, 02:11 PM
Following the canon path.
Oh and the winning/surviving team earns a Wish spell.