PDA

View Full Version : Lasso in 5e

Gamerawsome101
2020-06-01, 02:44 PM
Now everywhere I see this people say base it on the net but I dont want that.
I'm thinking something like a ranged grapple, martial ranged weapon. range 20ft vs your dex modifier+proficiency+6= DC vs acrobatics check (to dodge) then if you hit target is restrained until the rope breaks or you release the target. next turn if you hit, (optional) as an action, str contest to pull in 10 ft.
Also if you hold the rope it takes your bonus action and one free hand.
If they have fingers or whatever they can try to untie the lasso (normal xanathar's rules)

sandmote
2020-06-01, 03:12 PM
Off the top of my head, I'll suggest three weapons, and buff the net while I'm at it.

Martial Ranged Weapons:

Name
Cost
Damage
Weight
Properties

Net
5 gp
Grapple
3 lb
Thrown (range 20/60)

Bola
7 gp
Grapple
3 lb
Thrown (range 30/120)

Lasso
3 gp
Grapple
10 lb
Thrown (range 20/30), Tied

Grapple Weapons
A Large or smaller creature hit by a grappling weapon is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

When you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to attack with a grapple weapon, you can make only one attack regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.

Tied Property
When you throw a weapon with the tied property, one end remains in your hands. If the weapon hits, you can make a shove attempt against the creature while you hold the weapon and the creature remains within 40 feet of you. On a success, the creature is pulled 5 feet closer you to instead of 5 feet away. While the weapon grapples a creature you must let go of the weapon to move more than 40 feet away from the creature.

Gamerawsome101
2020-06-01, 03:25 PM
Off the top of my head, I'll suggest three weapons, and buff the net while I'm at it.

Martial Ranged Weapons:

Name
Cost
Damage
Weight
Properties

Net
5 gp
Grapple
3 lb
Thrown (range 20/60)

Bola
10 gp
Grapple
1 lb
Thrown (range 30/120)

Lasso
3 gp
Grapple
3 lb
Thrown (range 20/30), Tied

Grapple Weapons
A Large or smaller creature hit by a grappling weapon is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

When you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to attack with a grapple weapon, you can make only one attack regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.

Tied Property
When you throw a weapon with the tied property, one end remains in your hands. If the weapon hits, you can make a shove attempt against the creature while you hold the weapon and the creature remains within 40 feet of you. On a success, the creature is pulled 5 feet closer you to instead of 5 feet away. While the weapon grapples a creature you must let go of the weapon to move more than 40 feet away from the creature.

Cool but I would just use slightly more expensive rope for the price and the weight would be less for silk than hempen
I would upvote if I could

sandmote
2020-06-01, 04:04 PM
Cool but I would just use slightly more expensive rope for the price and the weight would be less for silk than hempen

Fair points, I'll make it weight as much as hempen rope.