PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Titanfall Jump Kit

Tsunamiatunzen1
2020-06-02, 03:55 AM
As part of an effort to create a Titanfall-themed game, I decided to put together the pilot's jump-kit. (I couldn't find any similar magic items for the wall running shenanigans.)
I did draw inspiration for how to build it from the homebrewed D&D 5e Pilot Class found here: Titanfall Pilot (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EJdUVsCc2UkEpqpI3JIMaHiD0UozADWo/view)

Now without further ado, here's the:
Pilot Jump Kit
Aura faint transmutation; CL 3rd; Slot belt; Price 10,350 gp; Weight 3 lb.
Originally used by scavengers requiring a method to navigate sheer drops in technological ruins without needing to employ excessive flight spells, this device was quickly re-purposed to give the elite combatants known as pilots a decisive edge in urban environments.
While equipped, a character with at least 5 ranks in Acrobatics may move along a wall or similar vertical surface. While doing so, the character may move an additional 10 ft. for every 10 ft. traveled, up to a maximum distance of 20 ft., after which the character must end their movement on a horizontal surface, jump to another vertical surface, or fall. This extra 10 ft. does not count against the character's distance moved it is, in effect, a free 10 ft. movement.
If the character decides to jump to another vertical surface and is successful in the appropriate Acrobatics check, they may move an additional 10 ft. for every 10 ft. traveled, up to a maximum distance of 20 ft, after which the character must end their movement on a horizontal surface, jump to another vertical surface, or fall. Each successive Acrobatics check after the first increases the DC by 5 each time.
Should the character fall, ignore the first 60 ft. before calculating any fall damage.
Characters wearing this item also gain a +5 competence bonus to all Acrobatics checks.