PDA

View Full Version : Half-Dragons and Dragonfire Inspiration

ChaosStar
2020-06-03, 12:06 PM
I'm looking around for Bard/Paladin builds for a Half-Dragon Faun, yes I'm a Spyro fan, and I keep seeing people say that Half-Dragons qualify for Dragonfire Inspiration. This strikes me as weird since when I look the feat up it requires the Dragonblood Subtype, but Half-Dragons don't have that, they have the Dragon Type. Can someone clarify this please?

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-06-03, 12:11 PM
I'm looking around for Bard/Paladin builds for a Half-Dragon Faun, yes I'm a Spyro fan, and I keep seeing people say that Half-Dragons qualify for Dragonfire Inspiration. This strikes me as weird since when I look the feat up it requires the Dragonblood Subtype, but Half-Dragons don't have that, they have the Dragon Type. Can someone clarify this please?Page 4 of Races of the Dragon, in the sidebar, right-hand side:

Dragons automatically qualify for any classes, prestige classes, racial substitution levels, feats, powers, or spells that require the dragonblood subtype. Races presented in this book that have the dragonblood subtype include dragonborn, spellscale, kobold, and draconic creatures. Should a creature acquire the dragon type, it loses the dragonblood subtype.

ChaosStar
2020-06-03, 12:16 PM
Page 4 of Races of the Dragon, in the sidebar, right-hand side:

Thanks I missed that, even when I looked at it. Brain fart I guess.