PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Curly vampire and the Julio Scoundrél secret stone

Rinazina
2020-06-03, 04:08 PM
Dear all, we might have something here

As you can see from https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1014.html in panel four, the window has all the nails, but in panel ten, right after the DwarfOfHel took the one on top, probably because hide some stone or small gem, and the teleporting globe.

Among the many reviews of such theory, the most conservative said it might be an art error. But we verified it, and because it in the printed version (Utterly Dwarfed), the council confirmed the clue!

Why should Exarch bother to take it? Well, it is in the ship of Julio Scoundrél, where he has a hidden treasure, artifacts, and forgotten tales.
As it is a minor Chekov gun, it would appear again in the story, but the team vampire's last survivor is Curly.

How can she use it? I don't know. Any hypothesis?

Jasdoif
2020-06-03, 04:42 PM
Any hypothesis?Spontaneous conversion into a rat. That's how the grey rat on the edge of the desk in panel 11 got there first, it didn't have to climb because of its height advantage.

Lord Torath
2020-06-04, 10:48 AM
The missing nail can be used to make trees sneeze. But not just any trees, only epileptic trees. So Curly can make the epileptic trees sneeze. Not terribly useful in dwarven lands, as trees themselves are hunted to near extinction by the dwarves.

Either that or something something Redcloak's niece something something.

But seriously, the epileptic trees are really sneezing today (https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/04/09/150285272/seeing-what-only-wind-gods-get-to-see).

Rinazina
2020-06-04, 01:06 PM
Spontaneous conversion into a rat. That's how the grey rat on the edge of the desk in panel 11 got there first, it didn't have to climb because of its height advantage.

thanks I find now your reason compelling. that's explain everything!

The missing nail can be used to make trees sneeze. But not just any trees, only epileptic trees.

not bad! but council backed the other hypothesis as it has a concrete evidence

Peelee
2020-06-04, 01:16 PM
OK, I'm confused. The theory is that the Exarch took the bolt on top of the porthole, and the Dwarven council somehow confirmed this? Do I have that right?

Schroeswald
2020-06-04, 01:22 PM
OK, I'm confused. The theory is that the Exarch took the bolt on top of the porthole, and the Dwarven council somehow confirmed this? Do I have that right?

I think Renanzina is referring to themself as the council?

Fyraltari
2020-06-04, 02:02 PM
The missing nail can be used to make trees sneeze. But not just any trees, only epileptic trees. So Curly can make the epileptic trees sneeze. Not terribly useful in dwarven lands, as trees themselves are hunted to near extinction by the dwarves.

Either that or something something Redcloak's niece something something.

But seriously, the epileptic trees are really sneezing today (https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/04/09/150285272/seeing-what-only-wind-gods-get-to-see).
The missing nail is obviously foreshadowing for Not-Not-Nale’s inevitable glorious return as the true final vilain as he crushes Xykon while riding Trigak.

Dentarthur
2020-06-04, 05:02 PM
You seriously think the Exarch was the kind of person to just take a thing out of its rightful place?

Rinazina
2020-06-05, 08:03 AM
I think Renanzina is referring to themself as the council?

Yes! exactly.
Sorry for the misunderstanding Peelee.

I just notice a minor thing and I thought to contribute in this forum collection of implausible theory, that's why I'm here!

The council was part of the subtext of not being taken too serious, but damn making good jokes it is hard and needs training.

Rinazina
2020-06-05, 08:13 AM
You seriously think the Exarch was the kind of person to just take a thing out of its rightful place?

Exactly!
He wouldn't be very likely; the changes of character reflects and anticipate the very effect of the stone. Or the nail, or whatever is so small to stay on a nail head.
How might this have already affected Curly, and by extent, the world's destiny?

Fyraltari
2020-06-05, 08:26 AM
Yes! exactly.
Sorry for the misunderstanding Peelee.

I just notice a minor thing and I thought to contribute in this forum collection of implausible theory, that's why I'm here!

The council was part of the subtext of not being taken too serious, but damn making good jokes it is hard and needs training.

So, you say that even though you are on this council, you were not granted the rank of master joker? How can they do this? This is outrageous. It's unfair.

Peelee
2020-06-05, 09:10 AM
So, you say that even though you are on this council, you were not granted the rank of master joker? How can they do this? This is outrageous. It's unfair.

I hate Star Wars jokes. They're coarse and rough and irritating and they get everywhere.

Anyway, art mistakes have made it into the print versions before.

Dentarthur
2020-06-05, 01:32 PM
Exactly!

I was not agreeing with you. It's an art error.

Fyraltari
2020-06-05, 01:40 PM
I hate Star Wars jokes. They're coarse and rough and irritating and they get everywhere.
The pun side of the Farce is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... hilarious.

Anyway, art mistakes have made it into the print versions before.

I was not agreeing with you. It's an art error.
Booh! Party-poopers!

Jasdoif
2020-06-05, 01:40 PM
You seriously think the Exarch was the kind of person to just take a thing out of its rightful place?Sure; it'd just have the extra step of him deciding its rightful place "happened" to be where he wanted it rather than where it was. Like the teleport orb, for instance.

Peelee
2020-06-05, 01:42 PM
The pun side of the Farce is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... hilarious.

Is it possible to learn this pun war?

Fyraltari
2020-06-05, 01:46 PM
Is it possible to learn this pun war?

Join me and together we will mock the galaxy!

Peelee
2020-06-05, 01:50 PM
Join me and together we will mock the galaxy!

I'll never pun to the dark side. You've failed, your highness.

Jasdoif
2020-06-05, 01:53 PM
I'll never pun to the dark side. You've failed, your highness.The punning is your life, but it is also your responsibility.

Peelee
2020-06-05, 01:54 PM
The punning is your life, but it is also your responsibility.

Puns are the path to the dark side. Puns lead to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I sense many puns in you.

Jasdoif
2020-06-05, 01:57 PM
Puns are the path to the dark side. Puns lead to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.That...is why you fail. Why did you think it was a responsibility?

Squire Doodad
2020-06-05, 11:33 PM
That...is why you fail. Why did you think it was a responsibility?

"Doesn't Gluttony lead to something?"

Jasdoif
2020-06-06, 04:06 PM
"Doesn't Gluttony lead to something?"Only now, at the end, do you understand....

Fyraltari
2020-06-06, 05:40 PM

Obesity, mostly.

137beth
2020-06-07, 08:21 AM
The missing nail is obviously foreshadowing for Not-Not-Nale’s inevitable glorious return as the true final vilain as he crushes Xykon while riding Trigak.

May I put this in my extended sig?

Fyraltari
2020-06-07, 08:39 AM
May I put this in my extended sig?
Sure, you can!

KorvinStarmast
2020-06-08, 12:38 PM
"Doesn't Gluttony lead to something?" It leads to exceptional screen presence. ~ Jaba the Hutt :smallcool:

137beth
2020-06-19, 12:03 PM

Gluttony leads to time travel (https://www.widdershinscomic.com/wdshn/piece-of-cake):smallcool:

Squire Doodad
2020-06-22, 05:14 PM
Gluttony leads to time travel (https://www.widdershinscomic.com/wdshn/piece-of-cake):smallcool:

Well now, that's quite interesting! Looks worth a read.