PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons In Dungeons & Dragons World

Bartmanhomer
2020-06-03, 05:22 PM
Imagine if The Simpsons were in the Dungeons & Dragons World: Greyhawk world. They'll definitely turn Greyhawk upside-Down. I imagine that Homer Simpson will do something so stupid by opening a portal to summons demons and stuff. So what do you think of The Simpsons in the Dungeons & Dragon World: Greyhawk World? :smile:

Anonymouswizard
2020-06-03, 05:27 PM
Most likely: ten minutes after being dropped in a random location in the world they're dead of an environmental hazard.

Somewhat less likely: ten minutes after being dropped in a random location in the world that is not above a body of water they're dead of an environmental hazard.

Still quite likely: ten minutes after being dropped in a random location in the world not above a body of water and within a foot of solid ground they're dead due to a wandering monster.

Vanishingly unlikely: they survive ten minutes without being killed by a monster, bandit or cutpurse.

Basically not worth considering: they survive long enough to affect the world in any meaningful way.

JadedDM
2020-06-03, 06:24 PM
Maybe they get classes when they arrive, like in the D&D cartoon. In which case, I'm thinking:

Homer - Barbarian
Marge - Cleric
Bart - Rogue
Lisa - Wizard
Maggie - Bard

Eldan
2020-06-04, 04:39 AM
Two questions that need to be defined first: do they bring cartoon sitcom logic with them (i.e. the main family can't die or be permanently hurt), and do they get powers.

If yes, this is basically that one bad Futurama movie.

Peelee
2020-06-04, 10:16 AM
Maybe they get classes when they arrive, like in the D&D cartoon. In which case, I'm thinking:

Homer - Barbarian
Marge - Cleric
Bart - Rogue
Lisa - Wizard
Maggie - Bard
They would still die prettu quickly unless you also import Dungeon Master to protect them. Imean, cmon, that an epic level sorcerer and they were what, level 6? DM did a lot of heavy lifting.

Two questions that need to be defined first: do they bring cartoon sitcom logic with them (i.e. the main family can't die or be permanently hurt), and do they get powers.

If yes, this is basically that one bad Futurama movie.

I'm not aware of a bad Futurama movie. I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL.

Kantaki
2020-06-04, 10:59 AM

There are Futurama movies?:smalltongue:
I don't think I've ever seen one of them as a full movie.
Only split into episodes.

Eldan
2020-06-04, 11:11 AM
They would still die prettu quickly unless you also import Dungeon Master to protect them. Imean, cmon, that an epic level sorcerer and they were what, level 6? DM did a lot of heavy lifting.

I thought the movies were all pretty weak, honestly. And I love the series otherwise.

Peelee
2020-06-04, 11:15 AM
There are Futurama movies?:smalltongue:
I don't think I've ever seen one of them as a full movie.
Only split into episodes.
It helps to own them in DVD.

I thought the movies were all pretty weak, honestly. And I love the series otherwise.
Well, they did have to try to make full-length movies that could be split into four episodes, so they were bound to be wonky compared to the rest of the series. That said, it's still my favorite show ever, and the thrill of watching the first one coming out after the cancelation was quite memorable.

t209
2020-06-04, 01:24 PM
I think this is called Disenchanted.
Except it was Lisa who only went on the adventure and Homer being a grumpy king.

Peelee
2020-06-04, 01:38 PM
I think this is called Disenchanted.
Except it was Lisa who only went on the adventure and Homer being a grumpy king.

Disenchantment.

t209
2020-06-04, 06:54 PM
Disenchantment.

Thanks.
Well, not Greyhawk but mostly on Fairytales leaning to be honest.

Aedilred
2020-06-05, 07:09 AM

I actually think Bender's Big Score is a pretty good sci-fi movie by any standard, and Into the Wild Green Yonder isn't bad, overall. The Beast with a Billion Backs is spread too thin, and Bender's Game is a bit lame. Overall a mixed bag.