PDA

View Full Version : TO: Incantifier

Hyfigh
2020-06-08, 02:40 PM
The Incantifier is a Dragon Mag prestige class. Part of the attraction is the level 3 ability Soul Leech I. This lets the character convert spells or spell-likes to be absorbed through SR and turned into spell slots, or allow for spell recovery.

An obvious choice is to have a Dragonfire Adept or Warlock blended in so you can soak the Sp up all day long. But I can’t find much about practical application.

My idea here is base class + Nosomatic Chirugeon. It opens options for allowing the character to qualify for Incantifier as it’s able to cast 6th arcane spells (at some point). I figure mixing with Ur Priest could provide some power. And the fluff of fueling the Ur PriestS stolen divine magic with demonic or draconic energy seems neat.

With Eldritch Disciple you can get to a place where you recover 8th level spells/slots. Is there a 9th level Inflict spell that I can’t find?

Any thoughts on this?

Rebel7284
2020-06-08, 03:10 PM
Haven't looked at the class, but Heighten Spell for the higher level inflict spells?

Elves
2020-06-08, 03:52 PM
>Incantifier faction concept: by mastering arcane magic you can master the universe
>3/5 casting progression

I don't think you need to theurge an invocation class, mm reduced persisted summons with SLAs would do just fine. Night hag (SM IX) has at-will etherealness.

NigelWalmsley
2020-06-08, 04:50 PM
The obvious combo (though I'm not sure it works, I forget the transparency rules for infusions) is Spell Leech II + Power Surge + CL Boosters. Get your CL up to 30 so that Power Surge puts six charges into an item, then you get more charges from using it than it takes to recharge it with Spell Leech.

Gruftzwerg
2020-06-08, 05:25 PM
The Incantifier is a Dragon Mag prestige class. Part of the attraction is the level 3 ability Soul Leech I. This lets the character convert spells or spell-likes to be absorbed through SR and turned into spell slots, or allow for spell recovery.

An obvious choice is to have a Dragonfire Adept or Warlock blended in so you can soak the Sp up all day long. But I can’t find much about practical application.

My idea here is base class + Nosomatic Chirugeon. It opens options for allowing the character to qualify for Incantifier as it’s able to cast 6th arcane spells (at some point). I figure mixing with Ur Priest could provide some power. And the fluff of fueling the Ur PriestS stolen divine magic with demonic or draconic energy seems neat.

With Eldritch Disciple you can get to a place where you recover 8th level spells/slots. Is there a 9th level Inflict spell that I can’t find?

Any thoughts on this?

Unless you intend a Gestalt Character, you will have problems fitting everything into 20 lvl.
You need 16 lvl worth of warlock (progression) to get access to dark invocation with a spell lvl of up to 8 and that won't fit into 20 lvls while getting access to 8th lvl spells.

At lvl 20 you would end up with either:
a) 8th lvl arcane spells but only refreshing up to 6th lvl spell-slots (with versatile spellcaster feat you could spend two 6th lvl slots for one 7th lvl slot spell to cast)
b) 6th lvl arcane spells, 4th lvl cleric spells and refreshing up to 6th lvl spell-slots.

Doesn't look good imho. I mean, you don't want to give up higher spell lvl just to be able to spam low lvl spells.

Lower lvl combat spells are laughable at later lvls and straight arcane caster or warlock would do more dmg.

And you don't need to cast lower lvl noncombat spells that often that it would be worth to sacrifice the higher lvls.

Imho Incantifier is only worth a single lvl dip if you are already going for a Eldritch Theurge and want endless downtime selfheal (and even that is questionable if it is worth it). Other than that, it ain't worth the loss of higher spell lvl.

Jowgen
2020-06-08, 05:47 PM
I did a thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?603106-Incantifier-x-Warlock-X-Eldritch-Theurge-for-Infinite-Magic) on this end of last year, should have some good ideas :smallwink:

Hyfigh
2020-06-08, 06:17 PM
I did a thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?603106-Incantifier-x-Warlock-X-Eldritch-Theurge-for-Infinite-Magic) on this end of last year, should have some good ideas :smallwink:
Genius my friend!

Ruethgar
2020-06-09, 03:20 AM
Savage Bard 1/Warlock 4/Ur Priest 1/Eldritch Disciple 9/Incantifier 5

9th level divine casting plus Warlock 16 for progression, needs Alternate Source Spell and Sanctum Spell but still.

White Dragonspawn Abomination(+7 Sorc) Kobold Sorcerer 1/Bloodline 3/Warlock 3/Eldritch Theurge 10/Incantifier 5/Sorcerer 1

Sorcerer 20 casting plus Warlock 16.

Wish back and forth from a Spellweaver. You don’t lose natural abilities of your previous kind, in this case you were a Spellweaver so you keep their spell progression and useless chromatic disc when you turn back into yourself. Use fractional saves with the following.

Paladin 1/Bloodline 3/Warlock 1/Nosomatic Chirurgeon 5/Ur Priest 1/Eldritch Disciple 9/Incantifier 3

Sorcerer casting level 22, Ur Priest 10, Warlock 16. Paladin is of course for Pazuzu to come when called for the wishing to and from a Spellweaver for that juicy free casting.

Edit: More
Awakened Rat
Wizard 1/Blood 3/Warlock 3/Eldritch Theurge 6/Imcantifier 3/Eldritch Theurge 4/Uncanny Trickster 3

Flaw: Human Heritage
Flaw: Heighten Spell
First: Sanctum Spell
Third: Earth Sense
Sixth: Earth Spell

Wizard 17, Warlock 18.