PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder I need to disarm someone.

SangoProduction
2020-06-08, 09:00 PM
Problem is: They don't have a weapon. So my build that was entirely dedicated to disarming people was invalidated.

Thus, I come to you guys. How can I give my opponent a weapon so that I can disarm them? What if they are a Wolf or some other lesser being without an disposable thumb?

legomaster00156
2020-06-08, 09:08 PM
Can you elaborate on why arming, only to disarm, your opponent is more effective than an attack roll? :smallconfused:

SangoProduction
2020-06-08, 09:30 PM
Can you elaborate on why arming, only to disarm, your opponent is more effective than an attack roll? :smallconfused:

Because reasons.

el minster
2020-06-08, 09:58 PM
He probably gets bonus attacks or other cool stuff from doing it. There was a thread recently about a magic weapon ability that allows a weapon to be used by any creature with a bite attack.

Alexvrahr
2020-06-08, 10:24 PM
If they've got hands then there's the beguiling gift spell. Applying it without losing too many actions - puppeteer magus spell combat maybe? Making the enemy fail the save on a level 1 spell is another matter.

If they haven't got a means of using weapons then you have learned why disarm isn't recommended as a primary combat tactic.

Fizban
2020-06-09, 01:18 AM
If they don't have a weapon, disarm them of something else. Such as a worn item. Which you might forcibly place on them via grapple.

Or at least that would work in 3.5, as PF seems to have made Disarm work on held items only, as well as baking in the AoO which used to come from the presumption you're doing the maneuver unarmed (unless their "disarming, etc" qualities give that back? too much to look up).

Elysiume
2020-06-09, 03:02 AM
If they don't have a weapon, disarm them of something else. Such as a worn item. Which you might forcibly place on them via grapple.

Or at least that would work in 3.5, as PF seems to have made Disarm work on held items only, as well as baking in the AoO which used to come from the presumption you're doing the maneuver unarmed (unless their "disarming, etc" qualities give that back? too much to look up).You can always make a disarm check with a weapon; a disarming weapon just grants a +2 on the check. Attempting to disarm while unarmed actually imposes a -4 penalty. Avoiding the AoO typically comes from Improved Disarm (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-disarm-combat/). Grabbing a non-held item from their person would fall under steal, a separate combat maneuver, which cannot be done with a weapon (by default).