PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Creature: Shadow Blend

Yogibear41
2020-06-09, 02:37 PM
In order for a shadow creature to use his shadow blend ability to gain total concealment, does he need to take a standard action since it is (SU), does it happen automatically, or does he use some sort of mental free action to initiate the concealment? What if the shadow creature is in shadowy conditions but does not wish to blend into the shadows? etc.

Nifft
2020-06-09, 03:08 PM
In order for a shadow creature to use his shadow blend ability to gain total concealment, does he need to take a standard action since it is (SU), does it happen automatically, or does he use some sort of mental free action to initiate the concealment? What if the shadow creature is in shadowy conditions but does not wish to blend into the shadows? etc.

Looks like it's a Standard action with a constraint on usage.

If you don't take the action, you don't disappear.

Yogibear41
2020-06-09, 04:09 PM
what would cause the shadow blend to end then? another standard action? attacking? obviously daylight conditions would end it.

Nifft
2020-06-09, 04:20 PM
what would cause the shadow blend to end then? another standard action? attacking? obviously daylight conditions would end it.

I don't see any other terminal conditions, though the fact that it's a voluntary active (Su) makes me think there's an implicit included ability to turn it off.

Rijan_Sai
2020-06-12, 10:37 AM
I don't see any other terminal conditions, though the fact that it's a voluntary active (Su) makes me think there's an implicit included ability to turn it off.

You could bring that down to a move action by walking out of the shadow(s), but otherwise, yeah, probably a standard to end.
*Double checks the ability*
Yeah, that sounds right!