PDA

View Full Version : My expectation from the incoming Durkon-Redcloak conversation is...

The Pilgrim
2020-06-10, 10:06 AM
... a callback joke on Redcloak spying Durkon having sex with Hylgia (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0082.html). Bonus points if MiTD is around and the one who recalls it.

:durkon: You shoulda tell yer God to ditch that evil plan of yers and just join us.
:redcloak: Evil? You kill innocent goblin women and children and call us "evil"? You dwarves are wretched creatures almost as untrustworthy as the filthy humans.
:mitd: (entering the scene) Good morning Redcloak, who is your new friend? Hey, aren't you the dwarf we watched having sex back at the Dungeon?
:redcloak: (grinding teeth) Shut up, damn it.
:mitd: Great performance, man. I still wonder how you had the agility to...
:redcloak: SHUT. UP.
:mitd: Are you asking him for an autograph? can I have one, too?
:redcloak: This conversation is officially over.
:durkon: This definitely dinnae go tha way I expected.

Peelee
2020-06-10, 10:22 AM
:durkon: You shoulda tell yer God to ditch that evil plan of yers and just join us.
:redcloak: Evil? You kill innocent goblin women and children and call us "evil"?

...imean, Redcloak is a Cleric. Pretty sure he knows that his god is Evil, and that he is Evil.

Fyraltari
2020-06-10, 10:30 AM
...imean, Redcloak is a Cleric. Pretty sure he knows that his god is Evil, and that he is Evil.

He’s admitted it once but added the caveat of ‘in that we oppose those who call themselves good.’

hamishspence
2020-06-10, 10:33 AM

Yup:

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0548.html

"Evil, as defined by our opposition to those who choose to call themselves Good"

And in SoD, he says of The Dark One:

"Well, he's technically an Evil god"

dancrilis
2020-06-10, 10:39 AM

Well he knows he is on the side of Evil, as defined by his opposition to those who choose to call themselves Good. (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0548.html)

My prediction is that Durkon will lay the ground work for an arrangement - possibly this will pay off later.
Redcloak will move to attack/capture him.
Instead of fighting Durkon will simply word of recall back to the airship.
Durkon will Wind Walk back to the OOTS.
Roy will be annoyed and try to talk down to Durkon.
Durkon will point out that defeating Xykon, securing the gate, etc is small potatoes next to saving not merely the world but also saving countless other worlds* and Roy needs to start focusing on the bigger picture of get out of Durkon's way.

*Not actually an arguement I accept as saving someone from ever being born doesn't really strike me as saving them.

understatement
2020-06-10, 11:44 AM
Well he knows he is on the side of Evil, as defined by his opposition to those who choose to call themselves Good. (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0548.html)

My prediction is that Durkon will lay the ground work for an arrangement - possibly this will pay off later.
Redcloak will move to attack/capture him.
Instead of fighting Durkon will simply word of recall back to the airship.
Durkon will Wind Walk back to the OOTS.
Roy will be annoyed and try to talk down to Durkon.
Durkon will point out that defeating Xykon, securing the gate, etc is small potatoes next to saving not merely the world but also saving countless other worlds* and Roy needs to start focusing on the bigger picture of get out of Durkon's way.

*Not actually an arguement I accept as saving someone from ever being born doesn't really strike me as saving them.

He can't Word of Recall (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0946.html), since V locked down the ship a week ago. Redcloak could just Dimensional-Anchor him to prevent him from escaping. Or Dispel if he tries to Wind Walk.

KorvinStarmast
2020-06-10, 01:24 PM
:mitd: Great performance, man. I still wonder how you had the agility to...
:redcloak: SHUT. UP.
:mitd: Are you asking him for an autograph? can I have one, too?
:redcloak: This conversation is officially over.
:durkon: This definitely dinnae go tha way I expected. That got a bit old grin out of me. :smallsmile:

Here's hoping you called it about right.

Ginasius
2020-06-12, 02:45 AM
I bet the conversation between Redcloack and Durkon will start this way:

Redcloack: "Well, what took you so long?"

dancrilis
2020-06-12, 07:33 AM

It would be a bit of a twist to reveal Durkon to be Redcloak's niece.

Seperately - yea I wouldn't be overly surprised if Durkon had already been speaking to Redcloak since he returned, but I still would say probably not.

Precure
2020-06-12, 05:48 PM
I'm expecting very sexy results.

pwning doodes
2020-06-19, 06:16 AM
I love it.

Jepekula
2020-06-27, 12:33 PM

:durkon: "Kept ya waiting, huh?"

ByzantiumBhuka
2020-06-27, 03:29 PM
:durkon: This definitely dinnae go tha way I expected.

But life’s full o’ li’l surprises, aye?

The Pilgrim
2020-06-27, 07:04 PM
I still have hope on MitD making an entrance.

Come on, MitD. I believe in you.