PDA

View Full Version : how to use brown and yellow mold to kill monsters?

newguydude1
2020-06-11, 12:26 PM
minor creation can make them but i dont know how to use it to kill monsters. anyone know?

TheCount
2020-06-11, 01:48 PM
First, talk to your gm about it, just to make sure it's ok.

That aside, brown mold expands from fire/heat.
Difficult terrain if not entangled right away, and deal some cold damage iirc. Away from book atm.

Tvtyrant
2020-06-11, 01:56 PM
minor creation can make them but i dont know how to use it to kill monsters. anyone know?

Brown Mold rapidly expands in fire, entangles enemies and deals 3d6 damage a turn. If you are fighting fire enemies it will kill them by just throwing it at them, if an army throwing it into one of their campfires will rapidly cover the entire army in mold. It also combos with magical fire or alchemical fire.

Yellow Mold attacks things that move next to it with con damage. You need to be immune to con damage, but it will almost immediately kill any enemies near you when you make it.

These work best if you are undead and immune to both effects, but there are lots of ways around it anyway.

newguydude1
2020-06-11, 01:58 PM
First, talk to your gm about it, just to make sure it's ok.

That aside, brown mold expands from fire/heat.
Difficult terrain if not entangled right away, and deal some cold damage iirc. Away from book atm.

im getting my ass royally kicked by demons and devils with their goddamn dr and fire immunity or resistance on top of their summon demon/devil which my dm house ruled to 100% success chance. and they have fly speed and greater teleport on top of all this. its gotten to the point where the only way i can kill anything is having my geodite grapple the guy and drag him underground with his burrow speed and then suffocate them to death. but this only works against creatures who can't melee my geodite to death. legion devils i think called merregons are kicking my ass.

so yeah i think my dm is gonna be fine with me trying to use mold to kill something.

how do you land mold damage on flying teleporting demons or devils?

Tvtyrant
2020-06-11, 02:01 PM
im getting my ass royally kicked by demons and devils with their goddamn dr and fire immunity or resistance on top of their summon demon/devil which my dm house ruled to 100% success chance. and they have fly speed and greater teleport on top of all this. its gotten to the point where the only way i can kill anything is having my geodite grapple the guy and drag him underground with his burrow speed and then suffocate them to death. but this only works against creatures who can't melee my geodite to death. legion devils i think called merregons are kicking my ass.

so yeah i think my dm is gonna be fine with me trying to use mold to kill something.

how do you land mold damage on flying teleporting demons or devils?

Launch Item would be the go-to I imagine. A wand of LI is one of my "every character must have this" along with some cheap way to make multiple summons for opening doors.

newguydude1
2020-06-11, 03:00 PM
Launch Item would be the go-to I imagine. A wand of LI is one of my "every character must have this" along with some cheap way to make multiple summons for opening doors.

so your psion needs umd to use mold? that doesnt sound good. i thought you had it in like a flask or something and throw it like a splash weapon and got rules for that or something.

ill try to look for a way to make the mold stick to the enemy so it grows on them when i use matter agitation as a way to get over their fire immunity.

Gavinfoxx
2020-06-11, 03:06 PM
Get a flask and use a sling. Or a prodd.

Tvtyrant
2020-06-11, 03:18 PM
so your psion needs umd to use mold? that doesnt sound good. i thought you had it in like a flask or something and throw it like a splash weapon and got rules for that or something.

ill try to look for a way to make the mold stick to the enemy so it grows on them when i use matter agitation as a way to get over their fire immunity.

It has an hour duration, you could easily put it in a bag, flask, barrel, what have you. Psions also have Far Hand as a delivery system available to the Psion.

newguydude1
2020-06-11, 03:25 PM
It has an hour duration, you could easily put it in a bag, flask, barrel, what have you. Psions also have Far Hand as a delivery system available to the Psion.

so a flask works? its not some homebrew thing but something actually accomplishable with rules?

i just want to be sure its iron clad and not something a dm has to make up rules for. which generally means you can't use it with my dm.

Tvtyrant
2020-06-11, 03:31 PM
so a flask works? its not some homebrew thing but something actually accomplishable with rules?

i just want to be sure its iron clad and not something a dm has to make up rules for. which generally means you can't use it with my dm.

I don't think there are rules for putting mold inside a flask, sorry.