PDA

View Full Version : Spells known question

Empyreal Dragon
2020-06-11, 02:51 PM
Do clerics, druids, healers etc. Count as KNOWING their spell list? If so, could you point me to somewhere to support this?

el minster
2020-06-11, 03:10 PM
Do clerics, druids, healers etc. Count as KNOWING their spell list? If so, could you point me to somewhere to support this?

Clerics and druids don't warmages, dreadnecros, and beguilers do. Unsure about healers.

Doctor Despair
2020-06-11, 03:49 PM
Clerics and druids don't warmages, dreadnecros, and beguilers do. Unsure about healers.

Of note, this means Versatile Spellcaster allows these classes specifically to use two slots at their highest level available to access one higher level of spells than normal, whereas other classes would only be able to use Versatile Spellcaster to cast level-appropriate spells with their lower slots (or use metamagic they normally would be unable to use without reducers).

el minster
2020-06-11, 03:56 PM
Of note, this means Versatile Spellcaster allows these classes specifically to use two slots at their highest level available to access one higher level of spells than normal, whereas other classes would only be able to use Versatile Spellcaster to cast level-appropriate spells with their lower slots (or use metamagic they normally would be unable to use without reducers).

Cool, I never knew that.

Zanos
2020-06-11, 04:29 PM
Glossary says:
"A spell that an arcane spellcaster has learned and can prepare. For wizards, knowing a spell means having it in their spellbooks. For sorcerers and bards, knowing a spell means having selected it when acquiring new spells as a benefit of level."

So unless otherwise specified, divine spellcasters don't 'know' spells. Interestingly a wizard with spontaneous spellcasting, like from spontaneous divination, can also use versatile spellcaster on any spell in their spellbook under this definition.