PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help deciding how to get out of a hole

mehs
2020-06-11, 06:58 PM
So currently the party is in a dream realm trying to rescue some schmucks who tried to purposefully connect to the god of madness and nightmares. The demiplane essentially is the peeps worst nightmares, and we can alter ourselves or the environment by making a will save (but only 5 times per demiplane, or else we get sent to our own nightmare realms). Due to some bad decision making from me being half asleep and not taking a nightmare realms of "victorian anthro cats" that seriously, I tried to shock/intimidate/push the button by transforming into a shark man via disguise self right in front of a sheriff cat. The nightmare aspect is that the cats hunt down and eat humanoids (everyone else spent a will check making themselves look like cats, but I just disguise self).

The session pretty much ended on me making a bluff check as the hole became apparent, and GM informed me "you dun goofed".

SO, Ideas that I currently have.

will myself to teleport to a back ally, turn to look like a different cat, cover shroud of water with the illusion, then walk in pretending to be not the guy they think is a sharkman

Shift to look like a dog and scare them

Turn back into a cat, then pet him until he loses track of what he was thinking about.

Will some cat toys into existence and distract him with those

Wisdom check to see which of these ideas would actually have a chance

Thoughts?

Doctor Despair
2020-06-11, 07:05 PM
You could just bluff and say you're a Doppelganger (monstrous humanoid), so can alter your shape.

mehs
2020-06-11, 07:16 PM
Already tried bluff, should've mentioned.

el minster
2020-06-11, 10:15 PM
invisibilty maybe

daremetoidareyo
2020-06-11, 11:44 PM
Have you considered murdering your way out?

el minster
2020-06-12, 02:21 AM
Have you considered murdering your way out?

it's a whole realm of cats

TheCount
2020-06-12, 02:48 AM
Give him some catnip :P
Joke aside, say become a tibbit, They are shapechangers who turn to cats. They might buy it's a curse. A very catchy one.
Also, why not will yourself and the whole party to the person you seek?