PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Hive Husk Sorcerer [LF Feedback]

werescythe
2020-06-12, 05:21 PM
So I've been working on this sorcerer idea with the sorcerer being a host for this hive.

I had come up with the idea and had worked on it... only to lose the information and have to start from scratch. Now I'm looking at it... and I don't know how I feel about it. So some feedback would be nice.

Hive Husk Sorcerer (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l8Aef1_53UdcyjWkpp9PFvKfHIyOWqV8k8HWKOljL3s/edit?usp=sharing)

Please offer some constructive feedback if you can. Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

BerzerkerUnit
2020-06-13, 01:02 AM
Left a bunch of comments on the document. It's late so they're probably a little disjointed, sorry.

Overall, really like the idea, might take a pass at a Druid Circle of the Hive and an insect colony race... might give them some artificer infusion-esque features as they level the way other races get spell casting.

If you have the time, I'd love some feedback on this (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?613130-Savage-Species-as-5e-Base-Class-pls-PEACH)

Race: Hiveborn
A collection of awakened insects have chosen to come together for mutual benefit. Collectively they are capable of functioning with human-like intellect if very different, basic motivations. Survival above all else. While this can make them appear heartless, when disaster threatens a region, they readily rise to the occasion, collaborating with others to protect their home.

Start with Amorphous Trait and Infestation cantrip. When reduced to 1/2 hitpoints or less your size becomes small until you complete a long rest. As an action you can stir your component vermin into a frenzy during which they sting and bite anything they come in contact with. While frenzied your unarmed strikes deal an additional 1d4 poison damage and any creature within 5 feet that attacks, shoves, or attempts to grapple you suffers 1d4 poison damage. This frenzy lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as an action. You regain the use of this feature after a long rest.

Level 3- you can reconfigure your mass to replicate certain simple magic items and structures: as an action you can take the form of a Rope of Climbing up to 50 feet long or an Alchemy Jug (the complex metabolic processes required for this are best left to the imagination). You can choose to become a flat surface 10ft wide and 3 inches deep.
In this form you are buoyant enough to keep twice your maximum lift weight afloat (or aloft if stretched between two surfaces). You can remain in any of these forms until you complete a short rest or choose to end it as an action. You regain the use of this ability after completing a long rest.

Level 5- Beginning at 5th level you can have the surface level of your mass shed their skins. These flaky husks absorb impacts and elemental damage alike. You can cast False Life as a third level spell. You regain the use of this feature after a long rest.