PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Demo

† Dran †
2007-10-27, 11:23 PM
anyone else played this yet? If so what are your thoughts on the whole thing?

Setra
2007-10-28, 03:08 AM
I fear for my computer's safety, so I myself have not played it.

However my friend says it's pretty good.

Though knowing him he just spent most of the time looking at its shinyness.

Dragor
2007-10-28, 03:23 AM
My friend, even on his really uber PC, said he could only set the graphics to medium because of the system lag.

He says its good, but then again he bought a PS3, so it could be pants for all I know.:smallwink:

Setra
2007-10-28, 03:37 AM
My friend runs it on all high.

Supposedly I could run it on minimum but I'd rather not try.

Actana
2007-10-28, 04:53 AM
It's downloading right now and I can't wait! 10 minutes left.

I don't know how it'll run on my PC, but it does go nicely past the recommended settings. We'll see. I've been waiting for this moment for too long. I hope it turns out good. It better. :smallmad:

Hermit
2007-10-28, 06:07 AM
Runs well on my rig on all medium settings. Could probably bump it up higher but when I've tried it seems to lock up and I have to force reboot my computer. Still looks pretty damn awesome on medium anyway, you could hardly complain about it. Seriously good fun, I love the suit. At one point I was using cloak, then breaking it with Strength and meleeing people to death before cloaking again when my energy recharged. And shooting out the tyres of an approaching jeep is both hilarious and practical. I also laughed when I took on a gunboat head on with one I'd stolen, and as soon as I killed his gunner the poor driver decided to make a futile escape attempt.

Physics seems to be a major resource hog for this game. Shooting a tree with the mounted guns produced the only period of FPS stuttering I encountered on medium, but hopefully they'll tighten it up a bit for the full game.

Rig specs:
1900XT
AMD X2 4400+
2gig ram

Pretty happy with the performance overall, and there's bound to be a wealth of tweaks and such shortly after release.

Actana
2007-10-28, 06:41 AM
Just finished the demo. And might I say, HOLY CRAP what a game! I can run it smoothly on high with no AA. Probably could go with AA too, but I didn't try.

I have only one thing to complain about. Yep, you guessed it, the demo was just too short. :smalltongue: But that doesn't mean I'm not going to play it times and times again.

I can't wait for the retail version to come. Aargh give me my Crysis already! The game is 10 times awesome. The physics just blew my mind when the small building I was in collapsed on me. I barely got out.

Bah, no time to write more. Gotta go.