PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 1e how to build a magus

Trandir
2020-06-15, 06:19 PM
Well the time to play a magus has come. But I'm a bit lost here.

The usual array seems to be Dex>Int>Con>the rest, spam shocking grasp and hit with your weapon. I also was looking at the Bladebound archetype, it seems really cool.
But beside that I got nothing, sooooo any advice on how to build one?

(Assume starting at 6th level and with point buy 20)

Edit: now I can get only one archetypebso if I choose bladebound I don't get any other

Alexvrahr
2020-06-15, 07:19 PM
Yeah, you can do all that. If you're going to max dex with a bladebound magus and 3rd party material isn't available then get the dervish dance feat so you have dex to damage.

Here's Kurald's guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jaxkoUJY6hWg5hrNi3KDk42nzq3xXeMCfQLVp55aeRY/edit?pref=2&pli=1) which is the most comprehensive guide to the magus I've seen.

Trandir
2020-06-16, 07:33 AM
Yeah, you can do all that. If you're going to max dex with a bladebound magus and 3rd party material isn't available then get the dervish dance feat so you have dex to damage.

Here's Kurald's guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jaxkoUJY6hWg5hrNi3KDk42nzq3xXeMCfQLVp55aeRY/edit?pref=2&pli=1) which is the most comprehensive guide to the magus I've seen.

Well that covers a loooooooooooot of stuff. But I am not quite sure about what archetype take. Bladebound seems fun (our DM is letting us adventuring in starvation mode so a good magic weapon granted by class will always be a nice thing to have) but I don't know if I should stack other archetypes on top of that. Kensai and hexcrafter are also intrestig options to take alongside that one.

Kurald Galain
2020-06-16, 08:45 AM
Well that covers a loooooooooooot of stuff. But I am not quite sure about what archetype take. Bladebound seems fun (our DM is letting us adventuring in starvation mode so a good magic weapon granted by class will always be a nice thing to have) but I don't know if I should stack other archetypes on top of that. Kensai and hexcrafter are also intrestig options to take alongside that one.
Bladebound and Hexcrafter are top-rank archetypes. Kensai is top-ranked at level 13 and above, but only middling-rank at level 5.

So what's your question, exactly?

Trandir
2020-06-16, 11:06 AM
Bladebound and Hexcrafter are top-rank archetypes. Kensai is top-ranked at level 13 and above, but only middling-rank at level 5.

So what's your question, exactly?

The questionn would be: what archetype, if any even, should a magus take alongside Bladebound?

I don't know what to think of those two tho. Hexcrafter takes little and gives a lot of fexibility, Kensai takes a lot and apparently until lv 12 gives "trash".

Kurald Galain
2020-06-17, 03:48 AM
I don't know what to think of those two tho. Hexcrafter takes little and gives a lot of fexibility, Kensai takes a lot and apparently until lv 12 gives "trash".

So you should take the one that takes little and gives a lot of fexibility, and not the one that takes a lot and apparently until lv 12 gives "trash".

:smallcool:

Trandir
2020-06-18, 07:26 AM
Little update. This would begin at 6th level. Does that change anything?