View Full Version : Farewell, my freinds

Mr. Moon
2007-10-28, 12:23 AM
I hoped it would never come to this. Mom has decided I've been spending to much time here, and had decided to put it on the Blocked Website list.

I love you guys. I love this forum. I will miss it dearly. Hopefully I'll be able to talk my Mom into letting me back on. Who knows? This may only be temprorary...

To my fellow AMENites: Keep it up. When I come back, I want to see the Playground under AMEN control!

Bor-san: You are a blessing. Thank you for the help you gave me.

Ego Slayer: Thank you for shouting at me when I needed to be shouted at.

ZRS: You smell funny! :smallwink:

Sean-kun: Keep being awesome.

B-Man-kun: Thanks for working on my avatars and giving me drive to get to Shippuden.

Atreyu: Keep being cute.

Cekia: Thanks for the avatars.

Dr. Bath: Same as above.

If I missed you: Thank-you for (being there for me/for being funny/for being awesome/making me smile/the memories/nothing) I hope that you will (continue to do your stuff/join me in eternail damnation/track me down on gaia ((Moon Called Shadesri))/have fond memories of me).

I warn you, my freind Spencer has memorized the url to this site. Don't click on anything gotzie... o.O

Hannes
2007-10-28, 12:28 AM
Well, there are still friend's places! You can pop by now and then, ne?

Mr. Moon
2007-10-28, 12:29 AM
I'll try as much as I can, but since Shader and Ben don't have internet, normaly they get Mervil's computers... :smallsigh:

Ego Slayer
Ego Slayer: Thank you for shouting at me when I needed to be shouted at.
Twas my pleasure, dear...
May you make a swift return! *hug* So long and... thanks for all the creepy anime pictures? :smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
Aww :smallfrown: .

I barely knew you but i did kill you in my first Ready Aim Fire game. *chuckle*

So goodbye and hope to *kill* see you again in the future.

*goodbye hugs*

PhoeKun
2007-10-28, 12:32 AM
I believe we managed to more or less avoid each other during your stay on this site, but its always sad to see a consistent contributor to the playground leave. Here's to the hope that your exile is a temporary one. *raises glass*

Raistlin1040
NO!!! But...who will be the only other anime-fan in AMEN? Who will try (in vain) to convince Vespe and I that Japenese music>Beatles? Who will create crazy plots and bad spelling and disturbing fanfiction and other stuff?

I'm sad. :smallfrown:

SurlySeraph
She thinks you've been on too much? But you've barely been on at all for almost a month! Well, barely on the SMBGs, anyway, but - but that's not the point! The point is this is tyranny! And not the good kind of tyranny! The - the -the - gah!

I'll miss having you around, Moon.

Mr. Moon
2007-10-28, 12:35 AM
Aww .

I barely knew you but i did kill you in my first Ready Aim Fire game. *chuckle*

So goodbye and hope to *kill* see you again in the future.

*goodbye hugs*

And I got a meddle for largest group lynch. Every. Single. Round. *twitch*

*hugs*

I believe we managed to more or less avoid each other during your stay on this site, but its always sad to see a consistent contributor to the playground leave. Here's to the hope that your exile is a temporary one. *raises glass*

Thanks.

NO!!! But...who will be the only other anime-fan in AMEN? Who will try (in vain) to convince Vespe and I that Japenese music>Beatles? Who will create crazy plots and bad spelling and disturbing fanfiction and other stuff?

I'm sad.

Oh, you haven't seen the fanfiction yet... :smallamused:

But yeah, I'll miss AMEN most. I love you guys.

... Go tell the others. Please?

She thinks you've been on too much? But you've barely been on at all for almost a month! Well, barely on the SMBGs, anyway, but - but that's not the point! The point is this is tyranny! And not the good kind of tyranny! The - the -the - gah!

I'll miss having you around, Moon.

Actualy, this is the first time I've been able to get on in a month. I've been banned, remember?

However, I hope this will teach your little Paladin/Greygaurd heart a lesson - There's a diffrence between upholding the law and justice. :smallwink:

ZombieRockStar
2007-10-28, 12:38 AM
Aww...I'm sick of people leaving. *hugs*

And that's just the room, I swear!

Raistlin1040
2007-10-28, 12:40 AM
Already done. And don't think I don't know what kind of fanfiction you write...

Spoilered for conviniance.

Sasuke Uchiha was walking down the streets of Konoha with Naruto Uzumaki. They had patrol duty, and Kakashi-sensei had told them they had to do it, not skip out and get ramen like last time. Sasuke heard a rustle in the bushes. He saw something, and looked afraid.

"Naruto, it's dangerous around here! Go warn Sakura and the others!" Naruto nodded and dashed off. Kabuto stepped out of the bush.

"Well done Sasuke. Your abilities are improving."

"Shut your mouth Kabuto. I'm happy here, I want nothing more to do with Orochimaru."

"I'm not here for Orochimaru. I'm here for you." Kabuto licked his lips and...I'm not going any further MC. My brain can't take it.

We'll miss you. Come back soon.

Mr. Moon
2007-10-28, 12:40 AM
*pats on head* Suuure it is, ZRS. Sure it is.

Edit: Thanks for trying, Rast. ^_^

Everyone: Look me up on Gaia! Moon Called Shadesri!

Raistlin1040
2007-10-28, 12:44 AM
Be thankful. I'm never doing that again, no matter how many times you leave.

Are we Gaia friends? I can't remember. I'm not on it very much these days. Might have to get back into it.

Madmal
2007-10-28, 12:49 AM
I'll say try to not complain much to your mother, and try to notice that you're trying your best to improve.

hopefully, you'll get back soon. that's the nice thing about the forced -on retires.:smallbiggrin: also, i'll try to stalk you on Gaia.

..now, since i hate saying goodbye, i'll proceed with ye old technique of "getting mad, so i don't get sad".

and i've noticed i'm not specifically on your list. That's enough of a reason:smallwink:

*starts poking her with a 7 foot long stick, while singing Karma Chameleon*

FoE
2007-10-28, 12:52 AM
Sorry to hear that, Moon_Called. Hope there's no hard feelings about me bugging you; I just wanted a nemesis. :smallfrown:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-10-28, 12:55 AM
Awwww.... that means I'll have to sell my soul to Gaia to have a good (if grammatically and factually poor from both sides) argument about Western vs. Japanese animation (and robots).

Don't forget to take some Fangirl-to-Nerd translation subtitles with you. Not everyone has the same twisted brains as GITP crowds.

Please don't hate me for reasons Fullbladdery.

Skippy
2007-10-28, 12:59 AM
*Prepares mind probe*

Let's convince your mother that this isn't a bad place!!

What? No mind probes? Aww, then...

We'll miss you, MC. Hope your mum understands what this means to you someday soon.

Draken
2007-10-28, 01:00 AM
We of AMEN salute you.

A shame that you never got to finish any of these plots, they were fun, even considering that your short attention spam always cuts them by half.

Let's hope you regain you access to GitP soon.

FoE
2007-10-28, 01:00 AM
You should probably PM Wadledo. I don't know if he was serious or not in the Crushed thread, but he might be heartbroken...

Vespe Ratavo
2007-10-28, 01:06 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/lawrence79/nooooo.jpg

Now I won't have anyone to argue with/stab repeatedly due to stupid fan boy/girl arguments! :smallamused:

Ah well. Let us hope it is only temporary. :smallfrown:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-28, 01:10 AM
*Sigh* Find a Proxy?

J_Muller
2007-10-28, 01:13 AM
You're going?

:smallfrown:

I hope your mom lets you back on soon.

FdL
2007-10-28, 01:37 AM
It's really sad to see you go, Moon. I hope you return soon.
*hugs*

Haruki-kun
2007-10-28, 01:41 AM
This is really sad. :smallfrown:

We'll miss you a lot. Otaku FTW! *hugs*

Exachix
2007-10-28, 02:05 AM
Good Luck Moon Called.

AMEN will miss you =P.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-10-28, 02:17 AM
I shall strive to be cute in your memory, dearest Moon Called. Farewell and tempt not the fates on your travels.

Brickwall
2007-10-28, 02:21 AM
And here I was thinking 'twas the moon that would eventually call you away.

Not that you are likely to remember me, as we rarely met up, but I will remember you for at least a few months hence for your continuing support of things I never want to be reminded of, like yaoi and bishounen.

Reinboom
2007-10-28, 03:37 AM
G'bye otaku, take care in the great big world of... I rather dislike gaia :smalleek: (though the avatars are adorable).
So just take care, otaku. :smalltongue:

And here I was thinking 'twas the moon that would eventually call you away.

Not that you are likely to remember me, as we rarely met up, but I will remember you for at least a few months hence for your continuing support of things I never want to be reminded of, like yaoi and bishounen.

mmn, I'm willing to fill in for this reminder spot for you brickwall, since you don't want to be reminded of it, that is.

Amotis
2007-10-28, 03:38 AM
I too am willing to back up this noble cause.

Peace moony. Come back and tell zombie smells more often then not.

Orzel
2007-10-28, 05:31 AM
See ya on one of the dirt rivers named Chi

Translation: Bye

Emperor Ing
2007-10-28, 05:43 AM
:smalleek: NOOO!!!! Do whatever it takes to convince your mom that this is a safe site, filled with friendly people who chare for each other. (No sarcasm). We will miss you.

But sorry, this site will NOT go under AMEN control. Probably never will though.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-10-28, 05:45 AM
Wow. It probably would have left a better impression if you spelled the title f your last post correctly.

In other news: Goodbye, adieu, and we will miss you!
And no, that wasn't sarcasm. Seriously, we will miss you.

Castaras
2007-10-28, 05:47 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MC!

*pulls back towards forums*

G'luck then. Stop by the AMEN wiki every now and then, if you can.

*goes to track her down on Gaia*

Dr. Bath
2007-10-28, 05:59 AM
Goodbye, and have a pleasant life. See you soon (hopefully)!

And remember: Don't worry, be happy!

I promised myself I wouldn't cry........*mists up*

North
2007-10-28, 06:04 AM
Wow, that sucks.

Your presence will be missed.

banjo1985
2007-10-28, 06:09 AM
Banjo weeps at your passing :smallfrown:

Goodbye fellow Final Fantasy nut, hop eyou get back on here someway sometime soon.

Ceska
2007-10-28, 06:41 AM
Wow. It probably would have left a better impression if you spelled the title f your last post correctly.

I have to admit I don't mind since Freind is a perfectly well used dialectical (as in dialectal, not the politic-philosophical theory) word deriving from the German word for friend. I'll just assume MC knew that and used the plural -s just for fun's sake.

I'll miss you and I'll admit I'll never get your mother. Why exactly is she banning you from this forum?

ufo
2007-10-28, 07:56 AM
Aw, no. :smallfrown:

We'll miss you. Pester your mom day and night to make her un-block the site.

I hope to see ya.

Saurous
2007-10-28, 08:08 AM
Dangit. Now who am I supposed to pester about their spelling capabilities? :smallannoyed:

The forums shall not be the same without your strange outlook on everything. I hope you somehow get back soon.

Madmal
2007-10-28, 10:53 AM
I'll admit I'll never get your mother. Why exactly is she banning you from this forum?

i have a few explication in mind, but i don't think it's in my place to say so.

besides, my cousin's in. Guitar Hero/Soul Calibur multiplayer FTW!:smalltongue:

phoenixineohp
2007-10-28, 11:59 AM
I hope that we will see you again soon. In the mean time, take care.

Reptilius
2007-10-28, 12:44 PM
*Sigh* So long, and thanks for all the kinda creepy anime topics. I know that so long and thanks for all the fish was used by the ones who were leaving, but that's how much this surprises me.

Sir_Norbert
2007-10-28, 12:49 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be safe and hurry back.

Lord Magtok
2007-10-28, 12:56 PM
http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/noooo.jpg

Traveling_Angel
2007-10-28, 12:58 PM
My mom gets worried as well. Here's a tip: Get your mom to look at this thread. Show her all the friends waving goodbye. Or show her OOTS #496. Prove that you have friends here.

Also, are you home schooled? Because school computers tend not to block here. And being an straight A student helps. Actual conversation between my mother/older brother:

Mom: You should be spending more time on homework!

Brother: Mom, what are my grades?

*Mom checks grades online*

Mom: 95%+ in everything.

Brother:I think I'm fine on the homework front.

Lemur
2007-10-28, 01:21 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u39/Syntarsus/KaminaDead2.jpg
ANIKIIIIII!

I'll miss you Moon, even if you do terrify me.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-10-28, 04:24 PM
Noooooooooooo!

MC, who's going to be the only one coming up with half decent plots and twisting all our inds? Who's going to beat up Maggie and annoy Saur with your spelling mistakes.

You will be sadly missed.
*curses MC's mother*
*casts Dominate*
*gets mother to unblock forum*

smellie_hippie
2007-10-28, 05:23 PM
Take care of yourself and come back soon.

Anime will be sorely misrepresented in your absence...

*hides from B-man*

:smallamused:

Cyrano
2007-10-28, 05:27 PM
I composed a poem and set it to music, but then I realised how creepy that was, so, no.
All I can say is that if it takes me commiting ritual sepekku to get you to come back, I probably won't do it but I'll entertain the thought for a few minutes. And if you never come back, I will track you down and devour your mother's soul.

Kyace
2007-10-28, 06:50 PM
So long, Moon. I've never felt as bad about saying "ball-gag" to anyone else as I have with you. :(

zeratul
2007-10-28, 06:54 PM
You will be sorely missed Moon Called. I'm sorry about all the stuff going on with your mom, and I hope you will be able to return in the future.

Dragonrider
2007-10-28, 09:28 PM
We'll miss you, Moon_Called. I hope you can come back in the future...you, Em, Ego, and Cassie were like my fellow under-18 females...WE NEED YOU!! :smalleek: :smallfrown: :smallannoyed:

Edit: that sounds weirder than it is. :smalltongue: anyway, I meant we need you to keep the demographics evened out a bit. And we'll miss ya!

Em Blackleaf
2007-10-28, 09:50 PM
NOOOO!
But... but... I'm probably here more than you!

Your mom is a meanie-head. :smallfrown:
I'll miss you.

Everyone: Look me up on Gaia! Moon Called Shadesri!

That, I'll do!
*Makes a mental note to do so*
I'm Emily_Bananas (or Banana, I forget)! :smallsmile:

Skippy
2007-10-29, 12:38 AM
Soon Gaia will be full of GitPers looking for MC...

cykessa
2007-10-29, 12:15 PM
Saying good-bye to any member of the OOTS family is never fun.

Have you thought about asking how you can earn time on the site? When I was in high school, my mom wanted to limit how much time I spent on the computer as a whole. We had an arrangement. I could earn time on the computer by finishing certain tasks (my homework, chores around the house, getting good grades in school, reading a book, even playing outside with friends, etc).

There was still a daily max that I could spend on the computer, but at least I got time on the computer.

wadledo
2007-10-29, 01:40 PM
Today is horrible.
No, this week is horrible.
No, this month is crap.
I'm going to go flame some noobs.
(Lack of a smiley depressed enough prevents me from putting it here repeatedly.)

Trog
2007-10-29, 01:50 PM
Hmm... that's unfortunate. Too bad. Toooooo bad. *tsk*tsk*tsk*shakes head* Oh well. Don't do anything Trog wouldn't do.

*waves and walks out*

*pokes head back in*

Maybe Trog should rephrase that...

Nah.

*leaves again*

Timberwolf
2007-10-29, 01:55 PM
*stabs*

Ha' a stab 'afore ye go.

Nothing lasts for ever, your mum'll unblock it sooner or later I hope.

Rockphed
2007-10-29, 02:05 PM
Noooo! The rage will never be finished! Now I will have to start a rage against all those who made the stupid "The Moon Called" Joke. Or just continue in my blissful apathy.

PhallicWarrior
2007-10-29, 09:18 PM
I know we never really talked, we mostly just decapitated each other. :smallbiggrin: I still had fun, and I hope you did too. Here's looking at you, kid. (I think, but you might be older than me.) "Here's looking at you, ma'am" sounds too military. Bye.

Oh, and I hope you realize that I'm gonna have to take a double share of the madness in AMEN now, right?

Mr. Moon
2007-10-29, 10:52 PM
Thanks everyone, I realy apreciate it. I don't have long right now, so I'll be breif when answering some questions.

Why don't I use the school computers?

Easy. The Tech Teacher blocked this site. Why? I don't know. I'll shout at him next time I see him.

I'll probably have to clean the house up amazingly before Mom lets me on, but that would be work...

I'm going... :smallsigh: (:smallwink:)

Love you all

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-29, 11:13 PM
Use Proxy Servers. Since they don't block out every site, you can still hook up to another site, and then use that to link up here. It's been the technique of hackers for ages.

wadledo
2007-10-29, 11:24 PM
Sadness.:smallfrown:
And Gaia hates me.

B-Man
2007-10-30, 07:22 AM
Why is Moon_Called gone? Why did she leave when I was gone?! *sniffle*

Your fangirl-ness shall be missed and those avatars will be in you Inbox by the time you get back. They would've been there sooner, but moving, school, and job searching is enough to kill. :smalleek:

Good-bye Moon_Called, "May the good speed by with you."

Cookies for reference.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-01, 07:04 PM
Use Proxy Servers. Since they don't block out every site, you can still hook up to another site, and then use that to link up here. It's been the technique of hackers for ages.

How!?!?!?!

Have enough time for this. Be back when I can.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-01, 07:06 PM
http://proxy.org/

Put http://www.giantitp.com/forums/ into the space.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-11-01, 07:19 PM
Proxy servers are often blocked. Here are some more:
http://ibypass.com/
http://www.allowu.com/
http://www.undergroundproxy.info/
http://proxify.com/
http://www.proxysite.org/
I doubt your school has all of those blocked.

Good luck.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-01, 08:09 PM
*Hugs* You guys rock. Out loud. With a double-necked guitar. :smallbiggrin:

I'll try them out at school tomarow and make sure my thrice-damned Tech teacher doesn't find out.

Mom left for Scouts and forgot to log off. I'm like an Eagle, I am. :smallamused:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-01, 08:11 PM
Use Firefox at School, or have a Thumbdrive?

Mr. Moon
2007-11-01, 09:13 PM
Nope. We use Internet Explorer.

If a thumbdrive is one of those data sticks Mervil's always carrying around with him, then no. If it's something else, I have no clue.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-01, 09:20 PM
It's a small USB drive that you can store data on.

Mr. Moon
2007-11-01, 09:28 PM
Oh, like a Memory Card for cumputers?

Nope. No chance of me whining access to one either unless it was for comic stuff.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-11-01, 09:48 PM
You probably wouldn't need to do much convincing. They cost almost nothing.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-11-02, 06:38 AM
...:(...

...come back soon!

*hugs for the road*

pingcode20
2007-11-02, 07:18 AM
The best thing, in my opinion, is called 'Ultrasurf'.

It's software, so you can just rename it and hide it in some folder or something. The method for acquiring it is one I've found works without fail (At least in an individual-case-to-generalisation way).

In my experience, schools are quite good about shutting down proxy sites, so a https:// is usually the way to go. However, proxy websites have an annoying tendency to screw up when posting.

Firefox doesn't help - a cluey IT department will pick up on it and block that too.

Step 1) Go to a proxy site by secure protocol. For example, https://smashadmin.com is the one I usually use.

Step 2) Type into the address bar http://www.ultrareach.com and Download (http://www.ultrareach.com/company/download.htm) the latest version of Ultrasurf.

Step 3) Unzip the U.exe and squirrel it away in some dark corner of your student drive/hard drive. Rename it to something humourous, like 'Certainly Not A Proxy Avoidance Program Which Is Not Ultrasurf Or A Related Program.exe'.

Step 4) Double click on your new Ultrasurf program. Drag the golden lock to the corner and minimise it to the system tray.

Yeah, my school's IT department and us Tech-Savvy students had a bit of an arms race once circumventors came out. A circumventor will last you at most a few months when they're first discovered. Then it dwindles to weeks, then not at all.

If your school's IT department is vigilant (if it's just your tech teacher, unlikely), they might catch out Ultrasurf, but if you keep up with the newest versions Ultrasurf stays a step ahead.

Yeesh, I feel like such a criminal now. :smallamused:

Chunklets
2007-11-02, 02:48 PM
This is really too bad... :smallfrown:

Hope you can come back soon, MC!

A Rainy Knight
2007-11-02, 03:38 PM
I hope you get back soon! I know how you feel with the school computers/computer teachers. I was convinced that is was some kind of miracle that this site wasn't blocked, given my school's paranoid view of the Internet. Before I found this, Wikipedia was my source of entertainment, due to our filter seemingly being set to "Block: The Internet." :smallannoyed:

Again, hope to see you back on soon.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-11-02, 04:02 PM
;3449551']Proxy servers are often blocked. Here are some more:
http://ibypass.com/
http://www.allowu.com/
http://www.undergroundproxy.info/
http://proxify.com/
http://www.proxysite.org/
I doubt your school has all of those blocked.

Good luck.

...mine does. :P

ufo
2007-11-02, 04:31 PM
*gasp*

It's da Cobra Ikari! I thought you were gone for good 0.o.

Let's all pray that the computer technicians ain't that smart at Moon's school.

cykessa
2007-11-02, 05:06 PM
I would be really careful using proxy servers and other such methods to get around the "blocks". My best friend's husband was IT at a small private school. Kids in the school try to do lots of things to get around the schools rule's when it came to websites and surfing the net. My husband is a teacher at the same school. Kids have been caught and the punishment ranges from having their computer privileges taken away to getting suspended depending on what they did. If you are having a hard time convincing your mom now to let you on the site, imagine how hard it is going to be if you get caught at school.

Besides that you spend too much time on the site, why does your mom want to ban the site? Is it taking away from your school work? Are you not coming to dinner with your family? Does she not like the content of the site? (Some adults still think that DND and other RPG's are only played by members of cults. She might think that she is protecting you by not letting you on the site.)

IMHO, looking for the easy way is not going to help you learn how to handle situations like this. Eventually, you are going to have a real difficult situation that doesn't have an easy way to skirt around the rules. Talking to your mom and your teacher and coming up with a compromise now will help you later when the situations are harder.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-02, 05:14 PM
^. You've never dealt with people who consider themselves your superiors, have you?

MC's mom thinks the the Playground is addictive and a Time waster, I wouldn't disagree with that, now, I'd say find the nice teachers and skirt around with them on it.

And, pingcode20, the smart IT department already has Deep Freeze, so software isn't going to cut it unless you can get that lifted.

pingcode20
2007-11-02, 06:14 PM
Hence the use of the student drive, or better still - a USB key.

The software is basically a single executable, so it can be stashed anywhere without much fuss - I've run it straight from the zip before. Unless they're wiping student folders and/or regularly doing a manual check, it's pretty much safe.