PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Half Giant Druid build

Grom Skullcrush
2020-06-16, 05:30 PM
Greetings friends I'm looking to build a half giant druid for 3.5 D&D using only core books and complete guides I am new to 3.5 and could use any helpful tips or build suggestions thanks looking forward to reading your responses!

el minster
2020-06-16, 05:38 PM
what kind of druid are you doing?

The Viscount
2020-06-16, 05:43 PM
I very strongly recommend the primordial giant template from Secrets of Xendrik. It's 0 LA, adjusts your stats more towards mental, and tosses in an at-will SLA from a short list.

ChaosStar
2020-06-17, 11:12 AM
I very strongly recommend the primordial giant template from Secrets of Xendrik. It's 0 LA, adjusts your stats more towards mental, and tosses in an at-will SLA from a short list.

Specifically the Racial mods for a Primordial Half Giant are -2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +4 Intelligence, +4 Charisma. Not great for a Druid, but good for a Wizard, Sorcerer, Favored Soul, or Warlock.

lylsyly
2020-06-17, 11:25 AM
Start here; Being Everything (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?439991-Being-Everything-Eggynack-s-Comprehensive-Druid-Handbook&highlight=being+everything): Eggynack's Comprehensive Druid Handbook.

Just Ignore anything not from Core and the Completes.

Edited to fix linky Danged Fat Flingers ;-)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-06-17, 12:04 PM
Half-Giant (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#halfGiants) has a +1 LA, so buy it off (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm) as soon as possible. Don't worry about prestige classes, just keep taking more Druid levels.

Your 3rd level feat should be Natural Bond in Complete Adventurer, so at 4th level you can get at 'level -3' companion and that feat allows you to still count your full Druid level toward its benefits.

Your 6th level feat should be Natural Spell, so you can still cast spells when wild shaped.

Grom Skullcrush
2020-06-17, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the responses guys but keep in mind I can only use core books and complete guides nothing else is allowed by the GM

Grom Skullcrush
2020-06-17, 01:59 PM
Also fellas I plan on being more of a combat oriented druid so any spell suggestions would be welcome as well

Hiro Quester
2020-06-17, 08:50 PM
I completely endorse Eggynack’ guide. (It has a section on using core-only, too.)

Augment summoning (PHB)is a great feat, especially at lower levels, if you plan on summoning a lot. It’s powerful enough that my DM asked me to switch it out for another feat because he was having trouble balancing encounters that would not be stomped on by 1d4 summoned wolves or crocodiles, that would not also kill less optimized PCs, if I chose not to summon.

Scribe scroll is also useful, since there are a great many situationally useful spells for a Druid that it’s great to have on hand, but you might not want to prepare every day.

if you plan on wildshape use a lot, and self-buffing, I got a lot of value from Companion Spellbond, that enables your Animal Companion to share spells with you from 30 feet instead of 5. (They lose the spell, and don’t get it back, if they move out of range from you.). That’s from PHB2, though. I don’t know if that counts.