PDA

View Full Version : Jack Chick?

doliest
2007-10-28, 02:12 AM
Ok, seriously, is this something.....real? I mean I heard about and use it, but is this a real person.....or is it just some now long drawn out joke? Please tell me its a joke. Please tell me no one listens to him.

Umbral_Arcanist
2007-10-28, 02:18 AM
Some church group handed out the Dark Dungeons (or whatever) to my sister at a pagan pride day...

so i am sorry to say that i think some people do...

doliest
2007-10-28, 02:20 AM
Some church group handed out the Dark Dungeons (or whatever) to my sister at a pagan pride day...

so i am sorry to say that i think some people do...

Wait, I think they mixed things up, do they think all pagans play DnD or something?

Talfrey
2007-10-28, 02:29 AM
Well of course.

It IS the devil's game.

doliest
2007-10-28, 02:33 AM
We don't need to make sarcastic jokes that are moking the inane ideas, Jack Chick is real & believed.....this scares me to no end. Jack Chick is the evil of tabletop gaming, our persecutor, without him their is no voice....cause really no one speaks out without reason anymore except him.

Turcano
2007-10-28, 03:00 AM
Ok, seriously, is this something.....real? I mean I heard about and use it, but is this a real person.....or is it just some now long drawn out joke? Please tell me its a joke. Please tell me no one listens to him.

Yes, Jack Chick is real, and he is that crazy. I don't think anyone would keep putting effort into a joke for 35 years.

If you don't already know, there's a guy who dissects Chick tracts (http://www.enterthejabberwock.com/?cat=12); the reviews are hilarious.

Dhavaer
2007-10-28, 03:05 AM
Apparently he made a movie. It was a really poor quality flash animation thing, I think.

In any case, isn't there a ban on Chick threads?

Setra
2007-10-28, 03:06 AM
Well he's not as bad as Thompson.

If you ask me.

doliest
2007-10-28, 03:45 AM
Apparently he made a movie. It was a really poor quality flash animation thing, I think.

In any case, isn't there a ban on Chick threads?

Is there? I don't really know, I just didn't think chick was a real thing. I thought one guy made a one-time joke......

Ossian
2007-10-28, 03:47 AM
I was going to say "Oh My God" but I don't even know if that's appropriate anymore. Browsing through the net I got the chick.com and...horror!
I've always wondered if such morons do what they do because they are being paid, because they know there are suckers who follow them or because they sort of believe in what they say. I only had the nerve and the guts to peek at the "There go the dinosaurs" and the garbage assembled on Islam and Muslims. heck, they're creationists....I'm shivering with horror....

Last time I was so nauseated is when I (tryed) to watch "Camp Jeses" (it's a documentary). I had the nerve to get to the 10th minute resisting the temptation to smash the TV and then I had to leave...

O.

doliest
2007-10-28, 03:53 AM
I was going to say "Oh My God" but I don't even know if that's appropriate anymore. Browsing through the net I got the chick.com and...horror!
I've always wondered if such morons do what they do because they are being paid, because they know there are suckers who follow them or because they sort of believe in what they say. I only had the nerve and the guts to peek at the "There go the dinosaurs" and the garbage assembled on Islam and Muslims. heck, they're creationists....I'm shivering with horror....

Last time I was so nauseated is when I (tryed) to watch "Camp Jeses" (it's a documentary). I had the nerve to get to the 10th minute resisting the temptation to smash the TV and then I had to leave...

O.

I just saw 'Dark Dungeon' all the way through......what world does this guy live in & how do I stay away from it?

ON the plus side Jabberwocky is funny.

Ossian
2007-10-28, 07:17 AM
Just been through it. It's so obscenely....WRONG! that I could not actually force myself to read all the naloons. Meh, I got nauseated. But how widespread is the cult of these suckers? You have to understand how shocking this garbage is to a European. Oh, I am soooo thanking...uh...well, let's say my blind luck that I was born here. And thank the internet. These are fanatics with NO education whatsoever, no sense of perspective, of cultural relativism, of history, of context. Let alone "cosmic history" but just modern and contemporary ones: they have NO CLUE! And what's wit all the kids pictured in the tracts: as a father it'd scare the soul out of my nostrils if I knew my kids could accidentally come across such brainwasher that, at the very minimum, have so much leverage on their community that it becomes actually power.

Please somebody tell me something solacing like: don't worry Ossian. They're just a bunch of losers, they count in the dozens in the whole USA. Or, "Hey, they're already on the Vatican's blacklist. An albino monks party of adventurers has already been dispatched to deal with them, they should be on their way there".

As doliest said: this scares me to no end

Creationism, the belief that trusting a version of the Bible written 1600 years AFTER the events (and just the last ones, if you go back to genesis it's a good 3000) and after being edited and translated in at least 5 semitic languages+greek and latin before actually enetring English, and after 15 crusades and an endless series of religious councils that debated all that was left unsaid or just downright edited out from the core writing is MORE IMPORTANT than being just a good person, with this idiot placing the words "I/He hate(s) this and that" in the mouth of Jesus every other panel as if the saviour was just the bearded version of Anakin Skywalker in his late teens!!!!

Be a mass murderer and repent the last second and you GO TO HEAVEN! Oh my...this is real s**t...Why do I never come across such inbred brain damaged morons in my daily life? Uh, wait, maybe because Ilive here (and it's Italy, mind you, so all with Vatican influences and stuff, but still, we're light years away from that stuff).

That's a seed of theocracy I sense. Try and criticize Iran or Afghanistan after those strips...

And hoh, priceless stuff about Muslims burning churches and synagogues. HELLO? Crusaders (shame on us) left from my country to go and sacj and burn and mass murder in the name of God who knows how many synagogues AND mosques...

Shocked....:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

Ossian

DomaDoma
2007-10-28, 07:33 AM
Try and criticize Iran or Afghanistan after those strips...

Given that the Muslim versions of Jack T. Chick actually have considerable say in the laws in Iran? Easy.

Be a mass murderer and repent the last second and you GO TO HEAVEN!

And let's not forget the one where the renowned humanitarians go to Hell because they didn't proselytize...

For sheer hilarity, though, Fairy Tales beats Dark Dungeons any day.

Jabberwock's dissections are pretty good at first, but they do get kind of repetitive after a while. Really, the comics as stand-alones are just as good for the comedy/physical illness value.

Ossian
2007-10-28, 07:44 AM
Given that the Muslim versions of Jack T. Chick actually have considerable say in the laws in Iran? Easy.

Ach...good call Doma2.:smallwink: In the outrage it didn't occurr to me that there could actually be a specular version of Jack T. Chick. I'm sort of afraid to ask the hyperlink or to google it though.

O.