PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Idea

Enguhl
2007-10-28, 05:09 AM
Tie a rock to a "Qual's feather token: tree".
Throw
Say command word.
Dead.

Laurellien
2007-10-28, 05:10 AM
Nice, that is on my massive todo list of zany, yet lethal ideas for D&D.

Enguhl
2007-10-28, 05:13 AM
That and filling a bag of holding with rocks...

KIDS
2007-10-28, 05:18 AM
Hmmmm, aren't throwing an object and activating a command word object both standard actions?

Enguhl
2007-10-28, 05:21 AM
Hmmmm, aren't throwing an object and activating a command word object both standard actions?

Darn, it is... Why is saying a word a standard action?
In that case.. pull a slingshot back... then next turn use your move action to let it go!!! (pwned)
That is soooo illegal by RAW.

Kultrum
2007-10-28, 05:26 AM
its not illegal by RAW just take a readied action to fire the slingshot when an enemy comes tword you

Extra_Crispy
2007-10-28, 05:32 AM
Easier way used to be in 2nd edition. There was a spell, I think it was item, that allowed you to put any mundain item into any piece of material or parchment. The item would show up as a image or painting on the material and with a command word the item would come back out. If the material was torn, burned, or otherwise damaged the item inside it would also come back out. Not very useful except to maybe hide that dagger as just a patch on your pants right? WRONG. One of our players used that spell to store LARGE boulders into small strips of cloth. He would tie the strip to the tip of an arrow and shoot things with the arrows. The strip would be damaged as the arrow head would cut it as it entered the person and then they would have a large boulder on their chest. In one instance, the GM was playing with critical hit charts published in an old Dragon mag, and the player rolled a critical to hit a white dragon. Location eye. Arrow hits the eye, bolder pops out in the head/eye socket of the dragon. Head exploads. I have never seen the spell in 3rd edition but it would not be that hard to make and would have a low level as the spell is not bad it is just how you use it.

Chronos
2007-10-28, 02:26 PM
Quoth Extra_Crispy:
I have never seen the spell in 3rd edition but it would not be that hard to make and would have a low level as the spell is not bad it is just how you use it.I have (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shrinkItem.htm).

Enguhl
2007-10-28, 05:11 PM
Shrink item is pretty much my favorite spell. That and fabricate.
They pwn n00bs. (you know, sorta..)

Anxe
2007-10-28, 10:04 PM
Tie a rock to a "Qual's feather token: tree".
Throw
Say command word.
Dead.

My players tried to do this once. Only one problem. The tree token must be thrown on the ground to be activated. You can't chuck a tree at somebody, but you can get instant cover against them.

EndgamerAzari
2007-10-28, 11:43 PM
Yeah, there's a problem with the tree token...

but not with the anchor.

leperkhaun
2007-10-29, 01:19 AM
my DM did a one shot. We raided one enemy camp and took out come catapults that were hurling blast disks at us. Filled up a bag of holding with them and strafed the enemy, it was great.