PDA

View Full Version : Commoner build help

Eraknephobia
2020-06-20, 10:23 PM
So my group is planning on doing a fight club style character build to fight in a tournament. One of such categories is NPC classes.
My choice of class was the commoner. Yes it is THE weakest in the game. However, the April 1st dragon magazine flaws are allowed. Probably the only thing from dragon mag that will be allowed. So I need help finding some feats. I am looking for ways to either gain power per creature I kill (chicken infested flaw) or redirect Orcus and/or survive being flayed (Pig bond flaw). Cleave and greater cleave are a given for chicken infested and vow of poverty is debuffed to give less feats in our games. Only NPC classes are available and I would like to stay commoner 20 if possible. Something about making the worst class in the game good is appealing. But, if there is another NPC class that would greatly increase one of these ends, I am willing to hear it.
If anyone could help make this dream a reality, it would be greatly appreciated.

JeminiZero
2020-06-20, 10:45 PM
What level are you building for?

What source books are allowed?

Any restrictions on race or templates? (E.g. could you be an Half-Fey Commoner? Or a Dragon Commoner? Or a Voidmind Wartroll Commoner?)

Chicken Infested is probably the easiest flaw to exploit. You can gain power by killing creatures via Consumptive Field [SpC] and Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?241913).

el minster
2020-06-21, 12:10 AM
Somone built a handbook for level one commoners.

Vizzerdrix
2020-06-21, 06:31 AM
I am a fan of weresheep. It is free lycanthropy.

Kalkra
2020-06-22, 01:45 AM
I am a fan of weresheep. It is free lycanthropy.

Not clear whether it has LA or not. Also, there's no statblock for sheep, other than in Kalamar somewhere. Also, some RAW fanatics claim that the corpse flaw skips the dying state, which is where you lose the ability to do stuff, and goes straight to dead, in which case you'd be dead, but still able to do stuff. Even if you're okay with chickens and Orcus, I wouldn't recommend this one, because you end up dividing by zero a lot of the time.

Vizzerdrix
2020-06-22, 04:38 AM
Not clear whether it has LA or not. Also, there's no statblock for sheep, other than in Kalamar somewhere. Also, some RAW fanatics claim that the corpse flaw skips the dying state, which is where you lose the ability to do stuff, and goes straight to dead, in which case you'd be dead, but still able to do stuff. Even if you're okay with chickens and Orcus, I wouldn't recommend this one, because you end up dividing by zero a lot of the time.

The proper use of corpse is wbl shenanigans. Whip up a few "siblings". Auto yeet them with corpse. Then bring in your real character to inherit their worldly goods. :smallbiggrin:

tiercel
2020-06-22, 06:59 AM
Somone built a handbook for level one commoners.

Yup: “Tucker’s Kobolds meets Farmville.” (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?232822-The-Commoner-Handbook) (May the gods have mercy on your DM.)

el minster
2020-06-22, 10:38 AM
Yup: “Tucker’s Kobolds meets Farmville.” (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?232822-The-Commoner-Handbook) (May the gods have mercy on your DM.)

Yup, that's it.