PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Illusionist Substitution Levels questions

Zhepna
2020-06-21, 02:27 PM
Hi,

1) At lvl 5, the Gnome Illusionist Substitution Levels allow me to extend the illusions duration. I would like to have the first level capacity but to not take the fifth level capacity capacity that double the illusion duration but don't give me the fifth level feat. Is it possible to keep the feat and to not take the extension of time on illusion capacity?

2) if I can keep the feat, at level 5, instead to be the gnome illusionist substitution level, I would take a lvl of Illusionist Variants. The fifth level of Illusionist Variants give 'add his Intelligence modifier (in addition to his Dexterity modifier) to his Hide skill checks', will I be able to take it?

3) If I ban the evocation school when I enter the incantatrix prestige class, can I still make evocation spell with the Shadow Illusion (Su) ability gained with the Shadowcraft Mage prestige class?
Thanks for the informations.

Rijan_Sai
2020-06-22, 05:47 PM
Hi,

1) At lvl 5, the Gnome Illusionist Substitution Levels allow me to extend the illusions duration. I would like to have the first level capacity but to not take the fifth level capacity capacity that double the illusion duration but don't give me the fifth level feat. Is it possible to keep the feat and to not take the extension of time on illusion capacity?

2) if I can keep the feat, at level 5, instead to be the gnome illusionist substitution level, I would take a lvl of Illusionist Variants. The fifth level of Illusionist Variants give 'add his Intelligence modifier (in addition to his Dexterity modifier) to his Hide skill checks', will I be able to take it?

3) If I ban the evocation school when I enter the incantatrix prestige class, can I still make evocation spell with the Shadow Illusion (Su) ability gained with the Shadowcraft Mage prestige class?
Thanks for the informations.

Hello! :smallsmile:
1) Correct, you do not have to take all of the variant levels. If you only want 1 and not 5, you are free to do so!

2) I believe this would work... However, while Gnome Illusionist from RoS is a set of substitution levels (which IIRC are specifically allowed to be "any-or-none"), the Shadow Shaper variant from UA is entirely a full class "all-or-nothing" variant. Your Gnome Shadow Shaper Illusionist would not even have the 5th level bonus feat to trade out.

3) Yes, Shadow Illusion (effectively) converts your X Image spell into a Shadow Conjuration/Evocation one. As these are both illusion spells, you are free to cast them as you please!