PDA

View Full Version : Index [3.5] Per Encounter Class Resources

Thurbane
2020-06-21, 06:25 PM
So, just from idle curiosity, I'm wanting to compile a list of "per encounter" based class abilities.

A lot of classes have dailies, but not as many have abilities that are on a per encounter basis.

Off the top of my head, we have Barbarian rage (while it has daily uses, it can only be activated once/encounter, and the fatigue lasts until the end of the encounter), Factotum Inspiration Points, and a lot of ToB stuff...

Anyone want to help me with this list?

Base classes and PrCs are fine; not looking for PF or homebrew material, thanks.

Archivist:
Barbarian:
Bloodclaw Master:
Crusader:
Defender of Sealtiel:
Deepstone Sentinel:
​Dervish:
Duskblade:
Dwarven Defender:
Ebon Saint:
Eternal Blade:
Factotum:
Frenzied Berserker:
Hellreaver:
Hida Defender:
Knight of the Iron Glacier:
Magical Trickster:
Purple Dragon Knight:
Rage Mage:
Sanctified One:
Shadowbane Inquisitor:
Uncanny Trickster:
Singh Rager:
Swordsage:
Warblade:

Chainguy
2020-06-21, 07:54 PM
There's the Dervish dance that has much the same limitations as the barbarian rage.

Frenzied Berserker's Frenzy ability - as rage too.

The Dwarven Defender's defensive stance has -2 str for the rest of the encounter after the duration expires.

Same with the Defender of Sealtiel.

Maybe some of the more obscure spaltbooks would have more, Dragon Mag surely has some too if you don't mind them.

Edit: Add the Rage Mage's "Spell Rage" to the list of Rage lookalikes.

Mike Miller
2020-06-21, 09:12 PM
If you consider most battles are over within the 5(ish) rounds it takes for a Binder to refresh, Binders are close to what you are describing. Also, anyone can take maneuvers with feats, so it may be worth noting martial study.

Thurbane
2020-06-21, 09:19 PM
Good stuff, thank you.

If you consider most battles are over within the 5(ish) rounds it takes for a Binder to refresh, Binders are close to what you are describing.

Unless as specific "per encounter" or "until the end of the encounter" mechanic applies, not really what I'm looking for.

Also, anyone can take maneuvers with feats, so it may be worth noting martial study.

Good point: if/when I expand beyond class abilities, will add that in.

The Viscount
2020-06-21, 09:20 PM
Hellreaver has class features centered around a shared pool of holy fury points, which refresh every encounter.