PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Complete list of 3.5 PHB2 style affiliations?

redking
2020-06-22, 11:08 AM
Is there a list of 3.5 PHB2 style affiliations here? My Google-Fu has failed me. Or a handbook of the same. I want to make some of my own affiliations. Obviously I already know of the affiliations in PHB2.

Kaleph
2020-06-22, 01:48 PM
This (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=10240.0) handbook here does exist; I'm wuite sure that it is incomplete, but it' something.

Besides the PHBII and other splatbooks mentioned in the link, City of Stormreach is a particularly good source.

Thurbane
2020-06-22, 05:37 PM
Not sure about PHB2 style exactly, but this might help: Guilds/Organizations list (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?332087)

Fizban
2020-06-22, 06:31 PM
It's a hard list to make because you basically have to comb through every book printed alongside/after PHB2, and most people don't actually have all the books (and most people don't seem to have had any interest in them). Including the adventures, because some of the later adventures are like mini-campaign regions with PrCs and organizations and stuff. Except they didn't actually start making stuff that significantly incorporated other books until pretty dang late. And a book might have an affiliation for one group but not the others, buried in the main text without mention in the table of contents- many of the detailed regional books do this with a ton of mechanical content. And then there's Web Enhancements, which might have that kind of cut content, but now you have to find all of those (I have some gut feeling that says there's one in a web enhancement or article I've heard of, but that could be a complete mental fabrication). And of course there's the other articles which are even harder to delve, and the setting articles for FR and Eberron that have who knows what major content no one seriously documented and can barely be accessed.

My notes have PHB2, Dungeonscape, and Complete Champion from the non-setting books. There's one in The Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde, but none in the Expedition To series despite all their PrCs and other content. None in Champions of Valor or Waterdeep. Sharn, City of Towers doesn't seem to have any, but City of Stormreach has a whole chapter of them. I think that's about it though?

And of course there are some in Dragon Mag- which seems to have regularly printed organizations using the current rules as time went on (Complete Adventurer has an easily missed system for organiations as sort of mini towns, which is super confusing if you pick one up and see something that is clearly not a town and expects you to know how it works already).

Quentinas
2020-06-23, 10:26 AM
There is effectively one association in a web article but it doesn't give bonus... So i don't know if it count
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070725

redking
2020-06-23, 10:29 AM
Thanks for your replies.

I found:

City of Stormreach affiliations.
Complete Champion affiliations.
Complete Champion religious affiliations.
Dragon Magazine #348 Savage Tidings - The Adventure Begins - Affiliations.
Dragon Magazine #354_Boromar Clan affiliation.
Dungeonscape affiliations.
Expeditionary Dispatch 22 Cairn's Gatekeepers affiliation.
Five Nations affiliations.
Living Greyhawk Greyhawk Ruins affiliations.
Player's Handbook II Affiliations.
Secrets of Sarlona Summit Road affiliation.
The Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde affiliations.

Also the following homebrew:

Planescape factions as affiliations.
Shackled City AP affiliations.

Please let me know if you know of any more affiliations.

EDIT: I made a late discovery of Dragon Magazine #356 Mercenary Affiliations and THE ALLURE OF EVIL - DARK CHURCHES affiliations Dragon Magazine #361. There must be other affiliations out there hidden.

Falontani
2020-06-23, 12:27 PM
I think cityscape had all the phb2 affiliations, but might have had more or less than phb2

Fizban
2020-06-23, 03:36 PM
There is effectively one association in a web article but it doesn't give bonus... So i don't know if it count
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070725
That's a Complete Adventurer Organization, not a PHB2 Affiliaton.

I think cityscape had all the phb2 affiliations, but might have had more or less than phb2
Cityscape has yet another "group" type, what I'll call "Guilds," which are there to support the Favored in Guild and Extra Contact feats. They consist of pretty much a single benefit aside from locking into to those feats and having things like guild dues/potential loans.

Secrets of Sarlona Summit Road affiliation.
This one isn't an Affiliation, Guild, or Organization. It's like the in-between stuff in a lot of books which have some amount of prerequisite/benefit/fluff without unified structure.