PDA

View Full Version : Player Help pathfinder umbral blade incorporeal questions

Ryabede
2020-06-22, 01:30 PM
was looking over a few things trying to make a class for 3.5 similar to umbral blade and noticed a few things that i couldnt really find answers for.
in umbral blades ability shadow consumption, when they hit 9th level, they can at will gain the incorporeal subtype. I could just be overlooking this,
but does this make you loose all of your gear? Does gear become incorpor with you and loose its ~physical body~? and if so, how do i use a incorpor
crow bar w/o ghost touch :p

prob being cheeky, but i think the idea gets across.

upho
2020-06-23, 12:43 PM
Does gear become incorpor with you and loose its ~physical body~?Yes. It's a Veiled Moon stance, and the rules for the discipline (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/veiled-moon-maneuvers/) says:

"Maneuvers and stances that cause the initiator to become incorporeal also cause the initiator’s equipment, and up to 25 pounds of carried items, to become incorporeal."

and if so, how do i use a incorpor crow bar w/o ghost touch :pYou can't, unless the crowbar has the ghost touch special magic weapon ability. But you'd probably never need to be able to use a crowbar, since while you're incorporeal you can simply walk through virtually any barrier you could break open with a crowbar. :smallsmile:

Likewise, it's usually a bad idea to attack with weapons lacking ghost touch while you're incorporeal, since incorporeal magic weapons will only deal half damage to corporeal enemies (and those enemies will deal only half damage to you with magic weapons, again unless the weapons used have the ghost touch special magic weapon ability).