PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Brainstorm a Homebrew Class

MaxieZeus
2020-06-23, 11:43 PM
working on a homebrew class that takes influence from Artificers, the Mystic, and a favorite 3.5 class of mine, the Totemist, but I was wondering if someone could help me brainstorm

The basic premise of it, is that it is called the "Mystic" for lack of a better word, which focuses on channeling life energy through your Chakras. When you start the class you get 2 of your Chakras, and as you gain more levels, you get more of them, until you eventually get all 6.

Because Body Slots are no longer a thing, I tied each of the Chakras to one of the ability scores and crossed it with a body part.
Head (Crowns, Goggles, Helmet) Intelligence
Torso (Armor, Amulets, Clothes) Constitution
Hands (Rings, Gloves, Swords, shields) Strength
Waist (Belts, Pants) Charisma
Feet (Boots, Greeves) Dexterity
Back (Clothes, Mantles) Wisdom

There are also 6 subclasses associated with one of each of the Slots, giving you bonuses and extra spells. Each subclass channels life energy from a specific source. You are directly linking to the Astral Plane where all spiritual energy is pooled.

Psions use the Human Spirit, channeling it through the Head Chakra to give them enhanced psychic powers associated with class ESP abilities like Telepathy, Telekinesis, etc.

Totemists use the Beast Spirit, channeling it through the Torso Chakra to enhance their Constitution and giving them access to various animal abilities, sorta like Animal Man from DC Comics

Tuners use the Life Energy in machines and crafts to enhance their strength. Every tool, every work of art, is imbued with both its natural spiritual energy from its base materials, but also the spiritual energy of the creator who made it. They are the Skill Monkey Subclass of the archetype

I also have Draconic and Plant life energy being associated with Charisma and Wisdom respectively

But I can't for the life of me figure out what should be Dexterity

SpawnOfMorbo
2020-06-24, 01:25 AM
You should try the homebrew section of the forum.