PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Psionics...

skywalker
2007-10-28, 01:40 PM
I've seen some talk about psions on this forum(almost nothing on the other psionic classes) and a little bit of talk about the cerebremancer, but nothing about any of the other psionic prestige classes.

My questions here are:

1. How good is the psion compared to the big three?

2. Which of the psion disciplines are worth taking?

3. Is the cerebremancer worth it?(Not necessarily is it the most powerful, is it playable and effective enough for the concept?)

4. What about all the other psionic prestige classes?

CASTLEMIKE
2007-10-28, 01:55 PM
I've seen some talk about psions on this forum(almost nothing on the other psionic classes) and a little bit of talk about the cerebremancer, but nothing about any of the other psionic prestige classes.

My questions here are:

1. How good is the psion compared to the big three?

2. Which of the psion disciplines are worth taking?

3. Is the cerebremancer worth it?(Not necessarily is it the most powerful, is it playable and effective enough for the concept?)

4. What about all the other psionic prestige classes?

1. Since psionics is more balanced they tend to fall below them since PP are capped by manifest level in your psion class or classes and power effects don't scale and need to be purchased with PP.

2. Depends on what you like to play. I like Seers. Telepaths are pretty strong.

3. IMO Cerebremancer is worth it now with the Spells to Power option and taking some of those divine spells like Fast Healing/Vigor 1 or Miracle at upper levels building the psion side instead of the wizard side.

You could make a pretty interesting "sorcerer styled spontaneous caster" based on Intelligence using the Spells to Power option taking spells from all spell lists and picking up those extra feats at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20 if not PRCing along with wearing armor without ASF.

4. Fewer than wizards. Many psion builds base around the Slayer PRC in some form because it is +9 for manifesting with 10 levels with +10 BAB and D8 some interesting specials and dips into other PRCs. I like a few levels of AI. Many builds use Ectopic Adept if Astral Constuct can be picked up with Hidden Talent.

IMO mechanically the Cerebremancer PRC is based on the MT just swapping out Psion requirements for the various Divine Spellcaster requirements (Skills and Spellcasting).

You could adjust a few of the existing PRCs similar to MT in Complete Arcane, Complete Mage or other sources if you want something similar.

An Ultimate Psion PRC based on the Ultimate Magus PRC mechanically using a Erudite with Psion would be pretty interesting.