PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Lizardfolk Dream Druid (Shaman) advice?

werescythe
2020-06-24, 10:30 PM
So I am creating a character for an upcoming game that is a Lizardfolk Dream Druid (basically a shaman) who uses a smoke pipe as her druidic focus, and her magic comes forth through the smoke.

So while I am sure what feats I would like to do, I am kind of wondering what might be some good spells to use with this character. I did think of using some ranged fire spells with the idea being that they represents embers from the pipe.

Any advice for spells (and perhaps feats) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Update: I found out that I will be starting at level 10, so I hope that will offer some helpful insight for those wishing to offer advice/suggestions.

micahaphone
2020-06-25, 01:56 PM
With a pipe focus, you better at least once cast Skywrite

werescythe
2020-06-25, 08:54 PM
With a pipe focus, you better at least once cast Skywrite

I mean... I might be fun to use at one point in time.

Wraith
2020-06-26, 03:12 AM
I really like the idea of a Druid with a pipe who really leans into fire and/or smoke themed spells. Depending on how far you want to go that way, I'd suggest:

Control Flames
Create Bonfire
Produce Flame
Faerie Fire
Fog Cloud
Dust Devil
Gust of Wind
Confusion
Hallucinatory Terrain (Depends what you have *in* the pipe, of course...)
Conjure Elemental (Air/Fire)
Control Winds
Investiture of Flame/Winds
Wind Walk
Whirlwind

As for feats, Elemental Adept (Fire) might not be a bad call. Lots of things are resistant to fire, so if you have that as a theme for your spells then it would prevent your gimmick from being undone.
Ritual Caster would be fun too, if your shaman is the kind to sing and dance and chant for his spells rather than just say a word and make magic the boring way. :smalltongue:

werescythe
2020-06-26, 11:48 AM
Update: I found out that I will be starting at level 10, so I hope that will offer some helpful insight for those wishing to offer advice/suggestions.

micahaphone
2020-06-26, 03:18 PM

Well, your Hidden Paths teleport should either be you giving off a puff of smoke that briefly obscures you, then you disappear, or maybe you disappear then a tendril of smoke winds its way over to your destination.

Casting Awaken to create some ent allies could be like Lord Beric Dondarrion in the Game of Thrones books - you ritually breath the spark of life into creatures in a large exhalation of smoke.

Insect Plague could be a cloud of painful cinders whirling around.

Investiture of Flame after a level up.