PDA

View Full Version : Battlemaster trip machine help

magwaaf
2020-06-25, 02:57 PM
So i'm playing 5th because i was begged and am learning 5th as i go... i apparently rolled god stats and decided to play it simple and build a fighter with a maul. I pretty much just use trip attack and i was wondering if there is any gear or anything i could do to make it more effective...

Man_Over_Game
2020-06-26, 08:47 AM
So i'm playing 5th because i was begged and am learning 5th as i go... i apparently rolled god stats and decided to play it simple and build a fighter with a maul. I pretty much just use trip attack and i was wondering if there is any gear or anything i could do to make it more effective...

You don't really need much. Get Great Weapon Master if you don't have it already, find anything that grants you Advantage without knocking the target prone (as this preserves your Superiority Dice), and anything that increases your hit bonus. Try to find something that has an extra damage type (such as fire or radiant), as you get to pick the damage typing of the +10 damage from GWM from what your weapon would already deal.