PDA

View Full Version : (PF?) Kingmaker

J-H
2020-06-26, 10:37 AM
We're going to start Kingmaker soon, adapted to 5e.
I am only familiar with Golarion in passing. Is there a no-spoiler guide text somewhere to the region that Kingmaker takes place in? I'm interested in finding out about the surrounding geography, nations, cultures, etc.

Kurald Galain
2020-06-26, 10:41 AM
Yes, the Pathfinder Wiki (https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/River_Kingdoms).

Palanan
2020-06-26, 10:42 AM
I can't find my copy right now, but the Inner Sea World Guide should have a couple pages on the River Kingdoms, which is a good place to start. I don't think it has anything spoilery, although if someone else can double-check for me that would be helpful.

There's also a player companion focused on the River Kingdoms, but that may have spoilers in it.

J-H
2020-06-26, 11:00 AM
To clarify, I'm looking for online sources. I have never played PF and have none of the books.

Psyren
2020-06-26, 11:41 AM
The Wiki is your best bet as Kurald mentioned - look up the regions where Kingmaker is set (River Kingdoms, Stolen Lands). Another potentially useful source are the Kingmaker Traits on aonprd.

J-H
2020-06-26, 12:01 PM
Thanks.
The PF Wiki is apparently better formatted and readable compared to 5 years ago (last time I looked).

Nifft
2020-06-26, 02:07 PM
The video game seemed to put most god-specific interactions into their custom party NPCs, some of whom care about religion.

I don't recall needing much religious knowledge to interact with plotline NPCs.

That said, it was a video game adaptation.