PDA

View Full Version : Poison and Non-lethal focus

SandDemon
2007-10-28, 02:49 PM
General question out there....what are good books, feats and uses of a poison/non-lethal focused character?

I'm looking to make a character focused around poison use mainly, or non-lethal if I can't find good poison skills - the character will be ECL 15, so these have to work pretty well. Also the character is good, so no undead.

Just wondering what books I can browse around for characters, items and general focus around this idea.

(Are there any "poison" races besides Poison Dusk Lizardfolk?)

SandDemon
2007-10-28, 03:26 PM
Also, is there a way to increase the DC on poisons besides Poison Expert?

martyboy74
2007-10-28, 03:38 PM
There's an assasin spell in the SpC that increases the DC of a poison by 3 temporarily. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name.

Benejeseret
2007-10-29, 11:19 AM
There is:

PrC Poisoner:
- looks like the poison DC's are preset, but gives free poison.

Template Poisonous:
- Grants +2con and a bite attack that always does poison and the poison DC scales DC=10+1/2HD+ConMod.
- Comes with a +3 level adjustment that makes it very hard to justify.

Fluff Wise, why not take Crippling Strike for a rogue and fluff it as poison. It does a consistent 2 str damage per sneak attack and 4 str damage on a critical. Add in Savvy Rogue, Telling Blow and a keen/imp. crit kukri's and your doing 4 str damage 30% of the time.

*Depends on how DM rules Crippling Strike works with WandStrike (as sneak attack HP damage does not apply) Dual wield 2 Wands of Ray of Enfeeblement using the WandStrike feat with Crippling Strike. Savvy Rogue, Telling Blow, ( and if there is such a thing - improved critical melee touch).

Now per strike (touch attack) you do 2*+1d6+N strength damage. On a critical you do 4*+2d6+2N strength damage. Plus 1d6 attack damage. Throw in Wild Cohort Feat and you can get a viper (more str damage) companion to help with flanks.