PDA

View Full Version : Genie PC: How to play Unlimited Cosmic Power

Nagog
2020-06-27, 07:39 PM
So for an upcoming campaign I've recently had the idea to play a young Noble Genie using the Noble Genie Warlock and Pact of the Talisman from Class Feature Variant UA. However, I'm having some struggles coming up with ways to get the feel of "Unlimited Cosmic Power" from the builds I'm crafting, with the closest effects I can find being picking up as many "At Will" invocations as I can. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to better encapsulate that flavor?

For those interested, I'm planning on having my Pact Talisman and my Genie Vessel be the same thing, so my "Master" can wear it and gain the buffs while I'm inside it, then wear it myself when I emerge. I don't think this would cause any issues mechanically, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Zonugal
2020-06-27, 09:50 PM
So for an upcoming campaign I've recently had the idea to play a young Noble Genie using the Noble Genie Warlock and Pact of the Talisman from Class Feature Variant UA. However, I'm having some struggles coming up with ways to get the feel of "Unlimited Cosmic Power" from the builds I'm crafting, with the closest effects I can find being picking up as many "At Will" invocations as I can. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to better encapsulate that flavor?

For those interested, I'm planning on having my Pact Talisman and my Genie Vessel be the same thing, so my "Master" can wear it and gain the buffs while I'm inside it, then wear it myself when I emerge. I don't think this would cause any issues mechanically, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

I'd suggest grabbing the Misty Visions invocation then multiclassing into Wizard for the School of Illusion subclass.

14 levels later and you can make single part of an illusion a reality for one minute. The example given in the book is, "For example, you can create an illusion of a bridge over a chasm and then make it real long enough for your allies to cross."

I think that's a good approximation of cosmic power.

LibraryOgre
2020-06-27, 10:01 PM
Well, they've already covered this. Here's a video covering it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddW__Fvyvl4)