PDA

View Full Version : Would Horace be the spirit necessary for Roy to enter the... [theory/spoilage!]

adriankas
2007-10-28, 05:22 PM
...Bearer of the Ancestral Weapon prestige class??!?! (see gaming section)
That might be how Roy can learn extra feats from Horace!
Thoughts?

kpenguin
2007-10-28, 05:23 PM
Roy doesn't have any spell casting ability (that we know of) so... no.

adriankas
2007-10-28, 05:32 PM
Or maybe instead of becoming a Bearer of the Ancestral Weapon per se, Roy learns how to truly wield Horace's sword after being taught how to unlock its power? Maybe it's a legacy weapon!
I think there's more to Horace's comment about how the sword appeared on Horace's back rather than Roy's because Roy still thinks of the sword as his grandfather's. I think before Roy gets raised he'll have to learn how to take spiritual ownership of the greenhilt sword, and therefore when Durkon resurrects him he comes back with increased power. It's certainly a well used fantasy trope that a character comes back to life much more powerful (i.e. Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White)
Perhaps Horace will duel with Roy and teach him a bunch of bonus feats, and awakens inside the sword to simulate the benefits of a Bearer of the Ancestral Weapon (except without the spellcasting) by making the sword even more magical. Or perhaps Horace teaches Roy how to reforge the sword in his own name by teaching him weaponcrafting skills.
Roy is seriously going to need to beef up in order to face Xykon again

factotum
2007-10-28, 05:37 PM
When Horace bore the sword it didn't HAVE any special powers, as far as we know. Any power it has was added by Roy himself when he got the blacksmiths to reforge the sword using the starmetal they found on the sidequest in the Wooden Forest. Therefore, why would Horace know how to unlock its powers when it didn't have any while he wielded it?

Kami2awa
2007-10-28, 06:08 PM
It's already a +5 Sword of Undead Zapping, it can't get much more powerful barring epic abilities.