PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for Item/Spell

Thurbane
2020-06-28, 05:49 PM
Is there anything along the lines of Phantom Steed, Mount or Figurine of Wondrous that summons, or turns into, a coach/wagon, complete with horses or another means or propulsion?

Animate Object is not really what I'm looking for - I want to summon something from thin air or a tiny figurine, not rely on having a physical wagon.

Happy to look at all 3.0/3.5 options, but no PF, home-brew or 3rd party please. Dragon/Dungeon are not ideal, but I will consider them.

Cheers - T

The Viscount
2020-06-28, 06:06 PM
Leomund is here once more, specifically with Leomund's Spacious Carriage from Cityscape. A 4th level spell makes a carriage that seats up to 6 and is pulled by quasi-phantom steeds that don't get better with increased level. Lasts an hour per level.

Thurbane
2020-06-28, 06:25 PM
Leomund is here once more, specifically with Leomund's Spacious Carriage from Cityscape. A 4th level spell makes a carriage that seats up to 6 and is pulled by quasi-phantom steeds that don't get better with increased level. Lasts an hour per level.

That sounds ideal - thank you!

Shame its 4th level, that would go great in an Eternal Wand.

ShurikVch
2020-06-28, 08:50 PM
Also, Chariot of Sustarre from Dragon #331: for 80000 gp you got a trinket which on command turn into flaming flying chariot and a pair of fiery horses (1/week, for 10 hours)

Thurbane
2020-06-28, 09:18 PM
Also, Chariot of Sustarre from Dragon #331: for 80000 gp you got a trinket which on command turn into flaming flying chariot and a pair of fiery horses (1/week, for 10 hours)

Cool - its nice to have an item option as well. :smallsmile:

Gruftzwerg
2020-06-28, 09:21 PM
But Animate Objects could still be the solution with a Urban Druid. He can get em as Animal Companion or Urban Shape into one (lvl16). There is also a ACF for normal druids to exchange iirc Elemantal Shape with that.
I was working on a Transformer build a while a go (but stopped it for other projects..), so...

E.g. go Spirit Folk, Bamboo; Urban Druid/Arcane Hirophant (with Sorc/Wiz or the arcane class you like that has Alter Self)

Now you can use Alter Self onto your Animal Companion/Familiar Animated Object. Choose a statue/robot form to fight and a wagon/truck form for travel. ^^

Autobots: Transforms & Roll Out!

Gruftzwerg
2020-06-28, 09:27 PM
That sounds ideal - thank you!

Shame its 4th level, that would go great in an Eternal Wand.

Sanctum Spell (feat) *cough* ^^
You need a crafter (or someone to provide the spell for the crafted wand) that has access to Sanctum Spell feat. If he crafts the item outside of his sanctum, the spells lvl drops by 1!

JeminiZero
2020-06-28, 09:32 PM
You could get a normal carriage and then Permanency Shrink Item it to make it portable on command.

darkdragoon
2020-06-28, 11:15 PM
If there's enough water nearby and you're high enough level Mordenkainen's Capable Caravel (Stormwrack) may do.

TheCount
2020-06-29, 01:20 PM
I'm away from the books, but, Iirc, there was something like that in A&EG too, but it might not, as the dungeon one reminded me of a fiery vehicle in it.

Edit: not what you are looking for, but would sleight of hand with a portable hole/ bag of holding and a normal carriage with the classic undead horses work?

Thurbane
2020-06-29, 05:12 PM
Thanks all for the additional feedback, good to have more options.

I'm away from the books, but, Iirc, there was something like that in A&EG too, but it might not, as the dungeon one reminded me of a fiery vehicle in it.

A&EG has the Self-Propelled Vehicle augmentation, Summoner's Bridle and Shadow Carriage.

More importantly, it also has Yondalla's Wagon Wheel, which is an amulet that can grow into a normal covered wagon (as well as a Leomund's Secure Shelter effect, 1/day). The wagon still needs to be supplied with a source of propulsion, so I guess you could combine it with Summoner's Bridles or similar.