PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts about DCF strips

Max_Sinister
2007-10-28, 06:57 PM
I recently reread the whole storyline, including the two prequels. Here are my random thoughts about strips #1 - #121.

#1: Why doesn't Belkar like being a ranger?

#5: Why aren't the goblin ninjas doing anything?

#13: If you can, compare the drawing of the castle with that of SoD. Times have changed...

#14: After what happened with Sir Francois, I can believe Elan would be able to do that.

#28: "It was worse at my height". Somehow I overlooked that joke all the time.

#50: "a nigh-unstoppable army". Does this mean it WAS eventually stopped? If yes, by what?

#61: What happened to all the monsters? Why don't they get in the way of the OOTS?

#82: So the dungeon has fifteen (or so) levels. Pretty big indeed. And Roy said that the levels are very big... must be a great scenario to play.

#90: It's Belkar's style, but Haley mentioned it first.

#95: Xykon must've killed innumerable goblins over the decades. Not to mention the thing about Redcloak's brother. So why is Redcloak so shocked now?

#104: Why the buffet? The OOTS couldn't possibly fall on that (except Elan maybe)?

#105: Are the monster decorations by Dorukan, or later added by Xykon?

#109: Again a joke about the complicated AoO rules :)

#110: 40 years ago? And blood on Xykon's robes? Does that fit together with SoD?

#113: The roaches have climbed V!

#115: The goblins say they surrender because they're not paid anymore, but shouldn't they be happy to be freed of Xykon?

#117: Xykon dead for 30 years? And the other gates get mentioned too.

2007-10-28, 07:07 PM
Uh, Belkar dosn't like being a ranger? He seems to be alright with it to me.

The buffet was a joke, you'll notice it never shows up again.

The Bushranger
2007-10-28, 07:32 PM
#28: "It was worse at my height". Somehow I oversaw that joke all the time.
:smallyuk: *groans*

Max_Sinister
2007-10-28, 08:00 PM
Sorry, am no native English-speaker. Corrected.

Green Bean
2007-10-28, 08:09 PM
Sorry, am no native English-speaker. Corrected.

While it was technically incorrect English, I'm pretty sure the groan was because of your accidental pun.

Heh. Oversaw. :smallbiggrin:

David Argall
2007-10-28, 08:13 PM
I recently reread the whole storyline, including the two prequels. Here are my random thoughts about strips #1 - #121.

#1: Why doesn't Belkar like being a ranger?

The 3.0 ranger was a distinctly front-loaded class, which meant the ranger of Belkar's level was "suboptimal", AKA "sucked". So there was considerable hope among the ranger players that 3.5 would be beneficial to them. As Belkar found out, this was not always true.

#5: Why aren't the goblin ninjas doing anything?
They are funny doing nothing.

#13: If you can, compare the drawing of the castle with that of SoD. Times have changed...
Just better art.

#50: "a nigh-unstoppable army". Does this mean it WAS eventually stopped? If yes, by what?
Come back about strip #700 and we may know.

#61: What happened to all the monsters? Why don't they get in the way of the OOTS?
There is a wall of ice blocking them, which only melts after the party leaves.

#95: Xykon must've killed innumerable goblins over the decades. Not to mention the thing about Redcloak's brother. So why is Redcloak so shocked now?
SOD was not written at that time, indeed possibly not even thought of. So we do not have a perfect match. And Redcloak could still be upset at the loss of a friend.

#105: Are the monster decorations by Dorukan, or later added by Xykon?
Yes

#110: 40 years ago? And blood on Xykon's robes? Does that fit together with SoD?
Reasonably.

#115: The goblins say they surrender because they're not paid anymore, but shouldn't they be happy to be freed of Xykon?
Being freed of Xykon means being "freed" of their ability to attack other people. Being evil, they prefer to beat up others even if that means they get beat up too.