PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Looking for Immunity to Alignment-targeted effects

Jowgen
2020-06-30, 05:22 PM
So, quick query, can anyone think of any items, spell or even creature abilities that grants a creature immunity or at least resistance to an effect that specifically affects creatures of a particular alignment?

Closest I can find is the Darksoul Protaction ASA from BoVD, but that only halves damage.

For context, looking for a means to counter Ravages, which bypass immunities to poison (even if you lack a Con score and such), but only affect evil creautres. So a means of fooling the ravage into thinking one is not evil seems like the only reliable solution as far as I can see.

Thurbane
2020-06-30, 05:52 PM
Horizon Walker 6 (Planar terrain Master: Aligned) sort of does this, but wouldn't work for ravages specifically.

You incur none of the penalties for having an alignment at odds with that of the plane, and spells and abilities that harm those of the opposite alignment don’t affect you.

...another road to thwart ravages might be immunity to ability damage, from a source other than type traits.

The Viscount
2020-06-30, 06:44 PM
Touch of Benevolence will give you a 50% chance to ignore effects that only work on evil creatures.

el minster
2020-07-01, 02:44 PM
planear motes from Complete Scoundrel do something like that

St Fan
2020-07-02, 11:08 AM
The Ordered Chaos feat from Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss makes you immune to spells harming non-chaotic targets even if you are not chaotic.

Jowgen
2020-07-02, 01:33 PM
Touch of Benevolence will give you a 50% chance to ignore effects that only work on evil creatures.

This isn't perfect, but it is cool and probs the closest I will find, so kudos.

Horizon Walker 6 (Planar terrain Master: Aligned) sort of does this, but wouldn't work for ravages specifically.

...another road to thwart ravages might be immunity to ability damage, from a source other than type traits.

I doubt that would work.

planear motes from Complete Scoundrel do something like that

Not even close, unfortunately; but thanks for trying.

The Ordered Chaos feat from Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss makes you immune to spells harming non-chaotic targets even if you are not chaotic.

Reading that feat gives me a headache. Like, the wording is SO weird.

Kurald Galain
2020-07-02, 01:37 PM
Beyond Morality wizard feat (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-discoveries/arcane-discoveries-paizo/beyond-morality-su/).