PDA

View Full Version : Lawful Barbarian?

azule74
2007-10-28, 10:05 PM
I know kind of a oxymoran. BUT is there such a thing? If so where?

de-trick
2007-10-28, 10:14 PM
i think its a feat righteous rage, this could be a homebrew though

Quietus
2007-10-28, 10:20 PM
i think its a feat righteous rage, this could be a homebrew though

Isn't that BoED?

triforcel
2007-10-28, 10:25 PM
I've never seen anything to that effect, but there might be a prestige class to that effect out there. I know there's on for Chaotic Monks.

Leon
2007-10-28, 11:23 PM
Half-Orc Sub Class in RoDest for Paladins has Righteous Wrath

The feat Righteous Wrath is from the BoED but doesnt make you in anyway lawful.

Lawfulness and rage can be attained from the Druidic Avenger Variant and the Half Orc Racial paragon class

Nowhere Girl
2007-10-29, 05:47 AM
If any barbarian were actually allowed to be lawful, he would surpass Chuck Norris and totally flip out and slay Batman in spite of all his Contingencies.

That's how powerful lawful barbarians are, and why they must never be allowed.

Riffington
2007-10-29, 07:09 AM
You are thinking of pirates.

Dihan
2007-10-29, 07:28 AM
There's the Sohei, they're lawful, they get rage, they can wear heavy armour and they have very limited divine spellcasting. The 3.5 version was in Dragon Magazine #318.

Person_Man
2007-10-29, 09:23 AM
Here's a list of ways to get Rage effects (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36238).

There are several ways to get Rage without being Chaotic. The easiest is Half-Orc Paragon, Druidic Avenger, or Chameleon.

Also, a normal Barbarian can be Lawful. He just loses the ability to Rage and can't take more levels of Barbarian.

I've also allowed Paladins to trade Smite Evil and Turn Undead for Rage progression as a house rule. In general, when I DM for a PC that has an interesting roleplaying idea, I just let him run with it rather then requiring some bizarre class and/or PrC combo. If you have a solid character concept, you should just talk to your DM. He's more then likely to let you do what you want, especially since Barbarians are generally considered a weaker class.

Hzurr
2007-10-29, 11:14 AM
I've never seen anything to that effect, but there might be a prestige class to that effect out there. I know there's on for Chaotic Monks.

Yep, the Crooked Monk. Such an AMAZING PrC that was never updated to 3.5.

I need to go track that thing down.

Tengu
2007-10-29, 11:40 AM
Yep, the Crooked Monk. Such an AMAZING PrC that was never updated to 3.5.

I need to go track that thing down.

There's also the Chaos Monk variant from... somewhere. Crystal Keep has it.