PDA

View Full Version : Buu runs Scales

Pages : [1] 2

Buufreak
2020-07-03, 01:52 PM
The world has never been a safe place. Bastions of civilization populate a dark, menacing world—islands of order and reason exist in a land otherwise overrun by dark cults, vile monsters, creatures from the dark edges of the imagination, and worse. As deadly as the world is on a normal day, something has begun to stir on the fringes of the civilized Elsir Vale. Formerly the site of an attack by an army known as the Red Hand, the Vale has known several years of peace since brave adventurers stormed into the teeth of the approaching Hand and sent them scurrying back into the darkness.

But the peace of Elsir Vale—and specifically, the town of Brindol, heart of the former conflict with the Red Hand—has been shattered. The vague shadow of unease the locals have been experiencing lately has crystallized in the form of an attack on the town itself. Now Brindol finds itself once more in need of brave heroes willing to come to the aid of their citizens.

In the days past, the town and their figure Councilman Eoffram Troyas, have sent out posters, bills, and even bounties, seeking any and all individuals ready and able to help the town's cause. The details are laxed, but they promise good fortune, standing, and even some wealth should the culprits at large are brought to justice. The largest details of each state "Dead or Alive," while showing a depiction of goblinoids of various sizes, as well as the town's insignia stamped and sealed at the bottom: a pair of gauntleted hands embraced in shake.

Be you here for justice, adventure, or simply the promise of potential riches, you have made your way to the small city nestled in the Elsir Vale. It offers all the common amenities you would hope to find: plentiful food and beverage, a place to lay your head at night, shops of many different types, and more. But, from a nominal glance, damage has been done in places, some shops are shut down for the time being, and town guard seem to be on readied alert.

Our opening takes place at a bar and inn, the Antler and Thistle. It is spacious, with a hearth crackling in the center of the large room. Doors and windows to the south, a long bar with casks of various drink behind it to the west, stairs in the back leading to various in rooms. It seems to be a regular bar-going day.

Take this time to introduce characters as you see fit, and to allow everyone to get settled before anything else happens. Converse with towns folk or each other, should you feel up to it.

Rakaydos
2020-07-03, 02:06 PM
A remarkably tall individual in plain robes with a concealing cowl, and carrying a backpack and engraved staff followed Hawthorn. "Why are we here, again? While I do not appear to be on any of these notices, I doubt they would take kindly to my... condition."

Dimers
2020-07-03, 02:27 PM
"Your condition, my goliath friend, is that you are a strong adventurer even on a bad day. These people need help, as you and I both have ..." The young woman shakes her head quickly, as if to dispel a memory. "And they're even willing to pay for it. Surely no goliath shakes in his boots at the thought of trouncing a few goblins? I'll negotiate a room. Here, take my pack and I'll be upstairs with you in a moment." She gives the huge figure a gentle push, which mostly has the effect of moving her in the opposite direction.

"Are you the keeper of the inn? My friend and I hope to help with Brindol's troubles--" It never hurts to play the part of the hero, Dearie has found. "But we must be rested and well fed. What will you charge for two beds and some of that delicious-smelling food? A normal-size bed will suffice for my ally." Negotiations begun, Dearie spares a glance to reassure herself that Zar was safely upstairs. Dissembling is all well and good if it works, but if it doesn't ... well, calling a gnoll a friend and lying about his nature are not good ways to brighten one's own reputation.

Zero Prime
2020-07-03, 02:39 PM
Valaera Thorindottir, Ranger (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2241894)
AC: 17 | Fort: 16 | Ref: 12 | Will: 11
HP's: 37 of 37 | Bloodied: 18 | Surges: 7 of 7 | Surge Value: 9 HP's
Passive Perception: 15 | Passive Insight: 10
Conditions: None.

A large Rashemi woman stood up as the strangers entered the common room, she thumped the large oaken table she sat at with a fist, "Strangers! Strangers! Sit before you retire!" The woman who spoke was tall, with flowing blond hair, currently held from her face by a leather band atop her brow, her shoulder's were broad, her arms bare, she wore a leather jerkin atop which would rest heavier armor of chain or scale. Her muscular arms were adorned with a circular pattern of blue hued tattoos, in the wychlaran style of Rashemen.

"Drink from our horns, break bread and spill salt that we may call you friend and stranger no longer!"

Rakaydos
2020-07-03, 02:56 PM
The cowled figure took Hawthorn's bag in a bandaged hand and shouldered it. Turning in Val's direction, the hood bowed quickly in an awkward acknowledgment, before heading to the stairs, robes draping on the ground but with the slap of sandals on each riser.

Ridai
2020-07-03, 03:19 PM
The dwarf had planned on doing her usual passing through, keep an eye open for trouble and an ear for rumors of nasties in the countryside, but there came the posters, the bills, and the bounties as she strolled into town, like a beautiful parchmenty angel sent by the Lady of the Fray Herself, well-endowed with the resounding message that there is indeed much afoot in this place and that Ruvora has found exactly what she has been looking for.

"HoHO!" rings out the joyous rich voice of one Ruvora Sunhammer, grinning from ear to ear with no shortage of dimples, accompanied by the boom of her strong hands clapping and gleefully rubbing together, mane of deep-red braided hair moving in its usual unruly ways. "Oh, that'll be a paddlin' alright!" she says to no one physically present beyond herself, any mention of a reward mostly getting ignored.

But it is always a good, even splendid, idea to keep oneself well-maintained, hence the next station on her Brindol journey led her with sure steps straight to the Antler and Thistle, a right fine looking place to do just that maintenance. "Hello there, good sir! A mug of yer heartiest would brighten my day jus' that much more right now." is how the required lubrication is requested and good hard coin is how it is duly paid for with an added bright smile and thanks, and naturally a nod, smile, and greeting to any barmaid she passes. Priestesses and priests of the temples that brings a great many together far and wide, all of them.

As Ruvora makes her way to a free table, she does spot her sort of person. Tall human lass, shock of blonde hair, and muscles just screaming that she's ready to bash skulls. Thus, her trajectory changes on the way and just so happens to bring her right to that one. "Hello there!" it sounds up to this most promising lady. "My name's Ruvora Sunhammer and if I'm even half-right 'bout you, I'd love to rattle some gobbo brain-boxes with you!" The dwarf is positively beaming, stretching a hand up for a shake as well.

Dimers
2020-07-04, 02:15 AM
After paying the innkeeper, Dearie strides over to join the louder women. Sometimes all it takes to not be noticed is to stand next to someone much more noticeable. "My friend won't join us, but never you mind, I'll break an extra share of bread on his behalf." She pours herself a drink from Valaera's pitcher and holds it up in a toast. "Y'r health! Well met, Ruvora, I'm Dearie. What's your name, O provider of ample drinks?"

Zero Prime
2020-07-04, 08:20 AM
Valaera Thorindottir, Ranger (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2241894)

Valera nodded and smiled as she was joined at the table, clasping the stout woman's arm by the inside of forearm, noting the calloused hand that spoke of weapons hefted and battles fought. She brought her left hand to the back of Ruvora's wrist, "Well met, Ruvora Sunhammer, may it always be at your back and in the eyes of your foes!" A smile as the large Rashemi poured frothing ale into empty tankards set on the table, she set one for Ruvora, another for the human woman Dearie, a third for her companion who chose not to join them, and finally one for herself. "Dearie, I am pleased you chose to join my table, it is an auspicious start!" Again, she thumped the large oaken table, "I am Valaera Thorindottir, born to the Grandfather Tree Lodge in the distant lands of my home," as she spoke, one could note that the sworls of blue on her shoulder and upper arm could be representative of a large tree with broad boughs and deep roots.

Beneath the cask of ale, was a stained and worn parchment, one of the bounties posted far and wide by Eoffram Troyas. "We should not drink until your companion rejoins us, Dearie! For an ill started venture is doomed to ill fates, I intended to speak to this Troyas person to declare my intention to accept his invitation to defend the small folk of the Vale from the raiding forces of goblin-kind." A broad smile, "My two axes would fetch only a modest price, for this Council-man. As with most men born beneath a tiled roof, behind stone walls, places value in the quantity of warriors and knows not how to judge one's quality."

She thumped her tankard on the table, the frothy ale sloshing over the sides staining the poster, "But a band of HEROES!" A sharp inhale, "Gold coin shall spill from our fat purses as we depart, leaving a trail of WEALTH, of GLORY, even a blind fool could follow!" She looked directly at Dearie, "Now fetch your companion, so we may drink and share the bond of an ale-house pledge!"

Ridai
2020-07-04, 05:49 PM
"Ah, wonderful! Hello hello, Dearie!" Ruvora greets back the owner of that positively adorable name as she vigorously shakes Valaera's arm. Soon after, her first tankard is joined by a second one, and another possible ally in the hunt for gobbos is brought up, so things are looking real good just about now.

"Oh, I don't know 'bout jink, but there'll be plenty of gobbo to clobber, and that's exactly what I'm here for!" She answers to Valaera's quest for money and glory, all the while being remarkably well-behaved in that she does not yet touch her two tankards before everyone's at the table.

WaffleLord
2020-07-04, 06:13 PM
Aeren Tatallaner

As an observer of the world, Aeren was used to seeing a variety of personalities gather together in the common rooms of many taverns. This night was no different. Quiet workers in the corner just trying to forget the day's work. Travelers getting the dust out of their mouths before falling on a bed of straw. Locals looking to share the news with friends, old and just met. His mind began cataloging what themes would be best to entertain the room before approaching the keeper for permission to play. Mostly current tunes by the look of them. No legends for this crowd, nor exotic flavors. Then, with the breeze of a door, things change. A pair with an air of adventure and mystery move nearly unnoticed through the room. Nearly. A tall woman stands and loudly invites them over. The shorter of the two walks over while the other hulking figure retires upstairs. A dwarf joins them and they begin to speak, none too quietly, about raiding, goblins, warriors, and coin. "Perhaps this is a night of learning new tales instead of singing for others," he thinks. Picking up his glass, his walks over to the table, glancing where the large figure had left up the stairs.

"Greetings! Please forgive my intrusion but such a group could hardly go unnoticed. Adventurers are always an attraction, a center of attention, yes? My name is Aeren Tatallaner, and I am a collector of stories and personalities. You are far and away the most interesting assemblage in the room tonight. Permit me to buy the table the next round and record for the times what glories other must know of you. Perhaps a new one in the making, hmmm?"

Dimers
2020-07-04, 09:29 PM
Well, it'll be iffy if the disguise holds up, but ... we shouldn't try going it alone ... I'll leave it up to him, Dearie decides. "Pleased t' make your acquaintance, Aeren. I'll go see if Zar will come down and join the festivities! Can't promise anything, he may not be up for it, but I'll try."

She finds the large man near the top of the stairs, waiting for her. "Zar! Why didn't you go to our-- ... uh ... I forgot to mention which one is ours. Gods and angels, and this is without any drink in me!" Dearie grabs her pack and heads to the indicated room. "You probably overheard, there's a loud crowd down there who want to meet you on-the-double. They seem pretty positive, very friendly, and eager to help with Brindol's troubles. Will you join us for one mug? The tall, skinny woman makes it out like it's an important ritual." The human can't see his eyes for certain, but she tries to meet them as she asks.

Rakaydos
2020-07-05, 06:44 AM
An evil mage academy has it's share of pretentious idiots, and Ghost Sound found many uses within it's walls. After dropping the bag in Hawthorn's shared room, he followed her back to the gathering. "Greetings, adventurers." Though not especially loud, the reverb and distortion were clearly a magical put on. "I am afraid I dont get invited to many parties, but if you insist, ZAR THE RITUALIST will share a mug with you, before returning to his studies."

Ridai
2020-07-05, 11:12 AM
And that will be the third mug! Strive for the Haelan cause and proper maintenance shall practically cast itself at the faithful!

"Oh, you bet! And if that lovely sword and garb are not just fashionable, you can be in it," Ruvora responds up to the pretty, pretty boy in search of tales, all while the dwarven lass scoots to the side and invitingly taps the bench seat beside her. "Nothing creates memories than being right in the thick of it."

And just then, a gigantic looming shadow falls over Ruvora, and as she turns around to see what that shadow is cast by, she sees a lot of cloth, so she cranes her neck up to where human-and-adjacent-folk normally end, only to find some more cloth, so inclines her head even further until she spots a hood from which word noises emerge. "Yup, sure do, you're invited to this one. I got the most wonderful ritual for you," Ruvora says with the widest grin, while tapping the bench on the other side of her, finding the magic-modulated voice both amazing and adorable. From the other side of the table, Valaera and Dearie are treated to the image of a beaming dwarf flanked by an eladrin and an even bigger figure. "It involves knocking tankards over the forming of a shiny new party before we head out and find ourselves a right dastardly menace to clobber!" And at that, the dwarf lifts tankard #1, ready to do just that.

WaffleLord
2020-07-05, 05:42 PM
Aeren Tatallaner

"Well, loosening the tongues of this group may not take much effort at all," he thinks as he seats himself next to the very friendly dwarf. He prepares to begin a stream of flattery, but the dwarf turns her attention elsewhere. Aeren follows her gaze to the large fellow who has joined them from upstairs, caught off-guard by how his voice resonates. "Now THAT has a story behind it!" Glancing around at the table at the nimble and muscular humans, "this gathering is a melange that must be tasted."

Turning to the tall human female, "I am VERY interested in hearing the remainder of your pledge. What value could we bring to someone as accomplished as yourself? How can we be of service?"

Dimers
2020-07-06, 03:42 AM
Dearie is pleased enough to have the attention off herself for now. Though I ought to leave before they ask too much about who I am and what I do ... A lot of people don't like the explanation ... Ah, th' hell with it, free drinks are free drinks, maybe with the ladies shouting I won't be heard anyway.

"Oh, you bet! And if that lovely sword and garb are not just fashionable, you can be in it," Ruvora responds up to the pretty, pretty boy in search of tales, all while the dwarven lass scoots to the side and invitingly taps the bench seat beside her. "Nothing creates memories than being right in the thick of it."

Turning to the tall human female, Aeren says "I am VERY interested in hearing the remainder of your pledge. What value could we bring to someone as accomplished as yourself? How can we be of service?"

Noting the interplay, Dearie takes a second look at Aeren Tatallaner. Healthy build, unfathomable eladrin eyes, a voice so delectable you could eat it with a spoon. Should I be annoyed that he's volunteering "us" or happy to be a part of his group? she thinks, trying to keep her mind from reaching her face. Still saying nothing, she raises her tankard and concentrates on Valaera's reply.

Zero Prime
2020-07-06, 05:58 AM

She smiled at the gathered companions, exuberance in her eyes, "We companions, gather round the table and raise our tankards, for in the coming days we will standing shoulder to shoulder, our steel strike as lightning, and we will rain upon our foes both blood and thunder!" She lifted her tankard and prepared to drink, "Before we drink we are strangers, who fate and providence caused meet in this fine drinking hall! But they who drink with me this day! THEY! Are brother and sister, bound by blood and purpose!" She thumped the table, and downed her all, "May the circle ne'er be broken!"

Rakaydos
2020-07-06, 07:04 AM
Zar heald the mug before his "face", head tilted like a confused dog. "A curios ritual. By consuming this beverage, then, we enter a compact wherein you are bound to assist me, so long as I assist you? What if you were to change your mind?"

Zero Prime
2020-07-06, 07:13 AM

Valaera pauses, curiously, as if the thought had never occurred to her. "Change ... my ... mind?" A laugh, as she roughly clapped the tall ritualist's shoulder, "A toast is a pact before the gods! Ale, a humble union of barley & grain, crafted by men, for men, seals the pledge. We, heroes, who shall comport ourselves as such, are thus bound to one another, through ale, salt & bread, freely offered and freely taken. And as all who know of such things are aware, an oath once sworn is inviolate, even unto death!"

Again she thumped the table, "HEROES UNTO DEATH!"

Rakaydos
2020-07-06, 08:30 AM
The voice that responded was very different. "Very well, then, I accept." The mug entered the cowl, and shortly came back empty. "Let me know when we depart. I have preparations to make." Turning back to the stairs, he returned to the room.

Buufreak
2020-07-06, 10:48 AM
The day fades to evening, and even later still. The hearth grows low and into smoldering embers, leaving the room with a low warm glow. Many goers have made their way out the door to their own homes, while some travelers have retired up stairs. Still, some remain. A drunk or two, too foolish to leave the mug alone.

Outside it is dark, but it isn't quiet. Far more than the soft flicker of street lamps. Soldiers patrolling the streets march by as the night watch shifts in.

It is exactly what was waited for.

Out of seemingly nowhere, goblins and goblinoids by the dozen start flooding the streets. From rooftops, from sewer grates, from every possible corner, they arrive.

Before there is chance to rouse a reactionary force, they beginning bursting into building after building, terrorizing and destroying as they see fit. The Antler and Thistle isn't exempt from this.

Storming through the doors and smashing out the windows, 3 exceptionally tall gobs of a redish brown tint, and two shorter with the classic pale green skin. They hold a variety of clubs, blades, and large torches; much larger than any should need to grant light. No, these were meant purely for destruction and arson.

OOC: Time to roll initiative.

Dimers
2020-07-06, 05:31 PM
Dearie races down the stairs in her nightclothes. "What the abyss is-- ZAR!! Hobgoblins!"

Wasting no more breath, she rushes directly toward the clump of marauders, making a dramatic swinging gesture with a crooked wooden rod in her right hand. A ray lances out of the stick at the head of one of the hobgoblins. It lets out a brief gargling scream as it crumples to the floor, visibly bleeding from both eyes.

Move action: exit the stairs, go to indicated square.
Standard action: eyebite Hob1. [roll0] vs Will, hit deals [roll1] and makes me invisible to Hob1 until the start of my next turn. No special crit effect other than max damage.

EDIT: I mistyped my damage roll, should've been 1 more, but it looks like it doesn't matter -- must've been a minion.

Ridai
2020-07-06, 06:12 PM
Ruvora Sunhammer (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2242976)
HP 31/31, Surges 12/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative 20
Defenses AC 18, F 17, R 14, W 13, Second Wind available
Conditions -

Well, the maintenance is taking a bit longer than expected, seeing as the sun has called it quits in the meantime. But sometimes, one has to take the time needed to treat oneself right. And just about now, Ruvora is feeling just fine with a few little tankards of ale made for a talkative evening (read: made by humans) rather than ale for proper celebrations (read: made by dwarves) inside of her. So as the muffled ruckus seeps into common room, it is answered by another emptied tankard getting hammered onto the table, and as the chaos draws closer, the cheery dwarf stretches her arms and reaches for her shield and hammer with a merry hum. The dynamic goblinoid entrance through shattered door and windows is greeted by Ruvora already on her feet and coming right at them with swift steps, the shield in front having dozens of stories to tell, while the positively huge and vaguely one-handed hammer in the other hand is eager to leave a great first impression. Sadly, it seems there is still too much talkative evening in her rather than proper celebration, and thus the first impression is a rather ethereal one as Ruvora misses the mark both times.

Move from K7 to I11

Standard Hack and Hew at Hob2 and Hob3, marking both until the end of Ruvora's next turn.
[roll0] vs Hob2's AC, Hit: [roll1] damage
[roll2] vs Hob3's AC, Hit: [roll3] damage
Hits generate 3 THP due to the Invigorating keyword and Battleragor Vigor

Buufreak
2020-07-06, 10:03 PM
One of the front liners takes point and swings with all he has against Ruvora, while the craftier goblin takes off for the bar, set to do as much damage as possible this night. It quickly ignites, covered in a black sticky accelerant.

Hob 3 stands ground, swings at Ru
[roll0] to hit, flat 5 damage.
Gob 1 moves, tossing his large bitoman torch behind the bar.

Zero Prime
2020-07-07, 06:10 AM

Valaera watched as the hobgoblins and their goblin allies burst into the common room, wielding torches and alchemical fire. Ruvora moved quickly to engage the larger foe, one of the smaller goblins rushed forward to set the bar alight, however, if she turned her attention to the fire, the larger foes could cut down her ally and attack her back ... so she screamed "WAKE! WAKE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF BRINDOL!!! WE ARE BESIEGED!"

She grabbed her paired battle axes, and turned towards the hobgoblins, "Alright you whoresons, which one of you first wants to see your ropey entrails sluice onto this floor?!?" She surged forward to her comrades side, she was smiling, and fired a quick downward blow at her chosen target, followed by a lateral slash across his mid-section.

OOC: Minor Action, Hunter's Quarry Hob #2, Move action to move to Ruvora's side. Standard Action to attack with Twin Strike, +7 Attack vs AC, 2 Attacks; [roll0], for [roll1] damage; 2nd Attack, [roll2] for [roll3] damage. If either connect, Quarry damage will add an additional [roll4] damage.

If either Hobgoblin attacks Ruvora I will trigger Guardian's counter, swapping places with Ruvora, and becoming the target of the attack. After the Hobgoblin's attack is resolved against me, rather than Ruvora, I will make a Melee Basic against #2 +8 attack vs AC, [roll5], for [roll6] damage as an immediate interrupt.

Buufreak
2020-07-07, 12:29 PM
Already seeing their wall of muscle falling, the second of the goblins moves to try and help the front line.

Gob 2 moves up to Val, swinging his sword
[roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage.

Rakaydos
2020-07-07, 12:39 PM
The mysterious robed individual dashes down the stairs With one motion a pillar of lightning sprung from a table, followed by a gust of wind that tried to push the goblins into bugzapper range.

Move down stairs
Action: Storm pillar (no roll)
Action point: Howling wall, 6 squares connecting the two goblins, [roll0] vs Fort, for the one on the left [roll1]vs fort for the one on the right. On a hit, slide them together through the Storm pillar AOE. hit targets are slowed.

WaffleLord
2020-07-07, 02:39 PM
Aeren Tatallaner (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2242529)

Shaking his head from the thoughts of stories told, "Who would have thought she had that much....eh?!" he finally awakes to the sounds of battle. Rising with wand in hand, he shouts to others in the tavern, "See to the fire! We will handle the attack!" Moving to place the fire between his opponent and him, He raises his wand and, chanting in elven, calls "Cín naneth's bereth na- a nadhor with baw law!" (Your mother's spouse is a rat with no ears.) A sizzling wave emanates from the wand towards the goblin in Zar's storm. The goblins recoils as if slapped with the flat of a blade, disorienting it somewhat. The eladrin draws his sword and prepares for more.

Move action: to I8
Standard Action: Vicious Mockery vs Gob 2: [roll0] vs Will for [roll1] psychic damage and is -2 to attack until EoMNT.
Minor Action: draw sword

Ridai
2020-07-07, 07:32 PM
HP 31/31 (3 THP), Surges 12/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative 20
Conditions -

Combat is in full swing and chaos quickly erupts in the common room, with Zar creating some fancy zappy-cloud and a big whoosh, Aeren magicking a gob right good, and Valaera swooping in like the beautiful cursing angel she is and cutting a hob to ribbons. Just when she wants to comment upon the occasion to her human friend, what actually comes out is "Oy!", shouted at the thing that went about setting the bar on fire, the dwarf looking very much not amused.

"Listen here ya snot-brained, wart-faced, sewer-assed excuse fer a hamster!" continues the shouting while stomping right over there, the hob in front of her completely ignored. In fact, when Valaera pulls her out of the way of the also ignored attack, Ruvora does a quick backhanded swing fueled by annoyance at the creature taking a stab at her foul-mouthed friend more than anything else. "I'm gonna shear off that thin film of slime ya call skin from yer wrinkly husk," the litany continues, also ignoring the goblin in between, though still aligning her shield to intercept an incoming attack (though even if she is hit, she just keeps going). "and make a pikin' hat outta it!"

And thus she slams down full force onto the unfortunate creature with her hammer, with absolutely no heed for defense, and should that not kill the creature, well, Ruvora will just swing again, damn it!

Move from I11 to D12, drawing OAs from Hob3 and Gob2
When Valaera uses her Guardian power to switch places with Ru as she passes through H12 and becomes the target of the OA, that triggers Combat Challenge, which Ruvora uses as an immediate interrupt to MBA Hob3, also refreshing the mark
[roll0] vs Hob3's AC
Hit: [roll1] damage (+2 damage due to currently having THP)
If Hob3 survives, Hob3 attacks Valaera with a -2 penalty due to the mark, then Valaera's attack granted by the Guardian power is made.

(Assuming Ruvora arrives in her target square)
Standard Brash Strike vs Gob1
[roll2] vs Gob1's AC
Hit: [roll3] damage (+2 if Ruvora still has THP), gain 3 THP
Effect: Ruvora grants CA to Gob1 until the start of her next turn.

(If Brash Strike misses, but Ruvora has hit with the Combat Challenge this turn, or Brash Strike hits but does not kill)
Minor Sohei Flurry vs Gob1
[roll4] vs Gob1's AC
Hit: [roll5] damage (+2 if Ruvora still has THP), gain 3 THP

Dimers
2020-07-07, 10:40 PM
Howling winds and even louder warriors seem to have the wretches well in hand, so Dearie hops over the bar's counter to prevent the fire from spreading. She's not bothered by the flame despite her lack of protective clothing.

Just a move action to get to the fire and a standard to put it out. Not a fascinating turn, but probably a useful one. And I got to be impressive last round anyway :smalltongue:

Buufreak
2020-07-08, 11:19 AM
While the fight continues, more goblinoids rush in. One of them shrieks "why not more fire in here?" while a pair of hobs smash in through the windows, one immediately bewildered by the table. They all charge in, swords at the ready!

So they all rolled 22+ on init, and are now attacking.
Hob4 @ Ru [roll0] vs AC, 5 damage.
Gob3 @ Val [roll1] vs AC, [roll2] damage.
Hob6 @ Aer [roll3] vs AC, 5 damage.

Hob5 forms phalynx with Hob3 (totally in their stat block at level 1), +2 AC on both. To resolve in tracker, just -2 from your attack vs AC.

Gob 1 and 3 are still carrying torches.

Buufreak
2020-07-09, 11:07 AM
Now bolstered, the seemingly unstoppable Hobgoblin swings.

[roll0] vs Val AC, 5 damage

Zero Prime
2020-07-09, 08:12 PM
HP's: 32 of 37 | Bloodied: 18 | Surges: 7 of 7 | Surge Value: 9 HP's

The hobgoblin swung it's weapon at Valaera, she lifted her axe to deflect the blow, but only succeeded in turning it, it skipped up her arm cutting across her shoulder, splashing blood into her golden tresses. "You piece of gutter filth!" She snarled, as she took measure of his stance, feinted low, twisting the axe at the last second to skip past him and cut towards the goblin, while bringing a well timed strike up under the hobgoblins throat.

OOC: Minor Action, Off Hand Strike vs Goblin #3 [roll0] vs AC, if successful [roll1], Standard Action to use Careful Strike vs Hobgoblin # 3, [roll2] vs AC, for [roll3]. Let's see how we do this round! Stupid heat making me forget ****e! Anyways, convert Move action to a minor and tag Goblin # 3 with Hunter's Quarry for next round.

Buufreak
2020-07-09, 09:34 PM
Trying to rally and regroup, Gob2 tries his luck against Ruvora.

[roll0] vs AC, [roll1]

WaffleLord
2020-07-09, 10:34 PM

Face to face with a hobgoblin's sword surprises the bard. "An honorable warrior race should never prey on the weak! Bad form! Meet us with courage, not fire!." He takes a guarded step back, lifts his wand and whistles a piercing note. Bringing the wand down, the whistle turns to a thunderclap. The blast lifts the hobgoblin off his feet, sending his inert corpse sliding back under the table ten feet away. Aeren turns and faces his party, ready for what is to come.

Move Action: shift from I8 to H8.
Standard Action: Staggering Note vs Hob 6
At-Will Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Standard Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs Will
Hit:Cha mod thunder damage (4) and can push target 2(3) squares. As free action, ally can make MBA before, during, or after push.
Attack: [roll0] Damage: 4 thunder damage and push 3 squares
Crit a minion?!

Rakaydos
2020-07-10, 09:02 AM
"Creatures should know better what happens if you play with fire..." Another spell, and another gust buffeted the new arrivals.

Howling Wall on Hob 5, Gob 3, and Gob 2
Hob 5 [roll0] vs fort
Gob 3 [roll1] vs fort
Gob 2 [roll2] vs fort
Hits slide 2 them into the fireplace and slows them.

Buufreak
2020-07-10, 12:32 PM
In a last ditch effort, the remaining are attempting to lash out and strike at whatever is closest. The goblin leaps from the fire, post haste.

Hob4 rolls [roll0] vs Ru AC, 5 dam
Gob 3 rolls [roll1] vs Val AC, [roll2] dam

Ridai
2020-07-10, 03:22 PM
HP 26/31 (3 THP), Surges 12/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative 20
Conditions -

After having smashed the goblin, Ruvora shield-batters aside the strike of the hobgoblin coming through the window to attack her. In the very same motion, the dwarf hammers right back, sending him sailing out of the window again and leaving him crumpled on the ground outside. The next moment, she is right beside the goblin in the fireplace, with her tried and true menacing presence.

"Awful nice to cook yerself clean, berk," she comments as she blocks off this particular direction.

Standard Brash Strike vs Hob4, mark Hob4 until the end of Ruvora's next turn
[roll0] vs Hob4's AC
- Hit: [roll1] damage, Ruvora gains 3 THP
- Effect: Ruvora grants combat advantage to Hob4 until the start of her next turn

Move from D12 to G12

Zero Prime
2020-07-11, 05:39 AM
HP's: 28 of 37 | Bloodied: 18 | Surges: 7 of 7 | Surge Value: 9 HP's

"ZAR!" Valera called out, "Burnt goblin flesh?!? I'd rather wade through ogre ****e!" And with that, her axes flashed, swinging left and right.

OOC: Twin Strike, split between Gob # 2, vs AC, for weapon damage, [roll]1d10{/roll], for 2 damage re-rolled in Discord. And to close out my round, against Gob # 3, [roll1], for weapon & quarry damage [roll]1d10+1d6.

Buufreak
2020-07-11, 03:17 PM
Gob2, still hanging in there!

So he gonna get out that fire... Then hit Ru.
[roll0] vs AC, [roll1]

WaffleLord
2020-07-11, 03:39 PM

Faced with a flaming goblin, the bard takes another guarded step back and unleashes another whistle-to-thunder attack. This goblin, however, having seen what happened to his associate, was ready for the attack, steeled himself, and was unaffected.

Move Action: shift, H8 to G7
Standard Action: Staggering Note
Standard Ranged 10
Hit:Cha mod thunder damage (4) and can push target 2(3) squares. As free action, ally can make MBA before, during, or after push.
Attack vs Gob2 Will = [roll0] Crappity crap crap! MISS
Damage: 4 thunder= damage, push up 1 square to I10(in fire, again) and an MBA to Ruvora before the push
Ruvora - [roll1] va AC, damage [roll2]

Rakaydos
2020-07-11, 07:23 PM
"Not a fan of situational Irony? Fine, chill out," The robed figure snarled, then waved his staff- as a sheet of ice covered the fireplace, as well as both goblins, and the complaining warrior.

Icy Terrain: Zone is difficult terrain. Attacks on each creature in zone- Val, Gob 2 and Gob 3

Gob 2: [roll0] vs reflex, on hit, [roll1] Cold damage, and knocked prone
Gob 3: [roll2] vs reflex, on hit, [roll3] Cold damage, and knocked prone
Val: [roll4] vs reflex, on hit, [roll5] Cold damage, and knocked prone

Dimers
2020-07-12, 09:44 PM
Dearie turns around from her work to see that some mopping up is still necessary. She hops back over the bar and trots to the fireplace with a sort of anti-glow gathering around her rod. She swings it at the closest foe ...

Move action to walk from B9 to G9, then standard action for open the gates of battle: [roll0] vs Reflex, hit deals [roll1] and flurry of blows for 5 fire more.

EDIT: Forgot CA for the target being prone but it didn't matter.

... and the aura lashes out to break over the goblin's head and chest, making the ice indent with the force. Dearie pauses a moment to smirk down at the crushed enemy.

Buufreak
2020-07-13, 11:42 AM
Last gob!

Well, he stands up. Then as a last ditch, he will chuck a torch at Dearie (yay, rolling for aggro)

[roll0] vs REF, [roll1] fire damage.

Ridai
2020-07-13, 11:53 AM
The goblin in the fireplace attacks and hits Ruvora... only to find the hit effectively shattered against the dwarf. He can still see her shake her head before he gets crushed by Dearie. With Zar taking no prisoners with his very real pun, Ruvora moves around the slippery surface to put the remaining creature on ice.

Move from G10 to J12, avoiding OAs on the way.

Standard Brash Strike vs. Gob3, marking until the end of Ruvora's next turn
[roll0] vs. AC
Hit: [roll1] damage
Effect: Ruvora grants combat advantage to Gob3 until the start of Ruvora's next turn

WaffleLord
2020-07-13, 06:19 PM

Seeing the last of the goblinoids fall, Aeren looks about the room. "You, patrons, help with the fire. Clean up any wounded and find some place to hole up. From the sound of things, there are more outside. After we clear out, bar the door, block the windows, and take care of any torches that fins their way in." Looking to her tablemates, "Hmmm. They all sprang to action. Very nice. Seem to have experience working together. Beneficial. Good idea to stick close." He takes an accounting of his own status and decides to takes a breath or two before stepping out into the unknown. He readies his wand and sword.

One healing surge and ready to go.

Zero Prime
2020-07-14, 06:35 AM
HP's: 37 of 37 | Bloodied: 18 | Surges: 6 of 7 | Surge Value: 9 HP's

Valaera sat down on the hearth, mindless of the chaos of the groups recently fought victory. She pulled out a cloth and oil, began to clean her axes. It wouldn't do to have goblin blood rust and bit her tribal weapons, it hadn't been a hard fought victory, but judging by their opponent's organization today might not be a brief battle, but the beginnings of a siege.

She shot the tall ritualist a look, "The next time you feel like centering your arctic winds on me, let me know, I'll make sure to wear my extra thick woolens."

OOC: Spending a Healing surge during a short rest, that's something you can do right, or am I mis-remembering natural healing rules? Either way, if not I will just take a breather, 9 hp's isn't much to cry about.

Ridai
2020-07-14, 07:18 AM
HP 31/31, Surges 11/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative -
Conditions -

With this fun little warm-up done, Ruvora rolls her shoulders. A little bruised, but that just gets you going. Would have been awfully disappointing if there was absolutely no threat.

"Thicker wools?" the dwarf asks as she puts a boot on a hob corpse, dragging her craghammer over some of the armor to get some of the bigger giblets off it, also rapping her shield with it to do the same. "Cryin' shame, that would be. Everyone doing fine? With a little luck, we got ourselves a bunch of nice 'n' barmy goblets right outside the door!" She brushes some firey hair out of her face, evidently not looking winded at all.

Spending healing surge to top Ruvora off. She only loses 2 HP to overhealing and she has got plenty to spare, so should not be a big deal.

Buufreak
2020-07-14, 08:38 AM
The roar of action outside seemed to have gotten louder and louder, then suddenly stopped. Light flashes and flickers in through the blown out windows, and the saloon style doors do little to hold out light. It's far too late for it to be anything of natural light. No, it is the glow of a blaze, not far away now.

The few barhands that stood by are gathered, tossing whatever isn't flammable on the few remaining open burns in the bar. A rather disgruntled owner watches, not in terror, but in mad fury. He just watches, and broods.

Rakaydos
2020-07-14, 08:57 AM
"One moment, and I can have another ice spell prepped. It sounds as if we missed the bulk of the fighting however."

Buufreak
2020-07-15, 09:37 AM
But a moment later, one of the city's guard units makes there way through the block, a few popping in through the door. Their lead, designated by the greater frill of his helmet, steps forward. What all happened here? Is everyone alright?

WaffleLord
2020-07-15, 02:00 PM

The bard steps forward, ready for business. "Greetings, Guard Leader. We had an incursion of goblinoids with threat of bodily harm and fire damage to the property. Our group and the patrons worked together to neutralize the trouble with minimal damage. They set up a triage area for the wounded and we are ready to help with the disturbances in other parts of the city. Where would you say needs the most assistance, Leader?"

Zero Prime
2020-07-15, 05:32 PM

Valaera stood to her full height, rolled her shoulders and cracked her neck as she stepped towards the leader of the Townsguard, "Oh, ho! And here I thought we would need to speak in polite tones to this Eoffram Troyas, likely some pallid adminstrator who knows nothing of what it takes to defend ones homes from savage tribes arrayed against it. But Ho, here we find ourselves able to wade into combat and prove our mettle, shoulder to shoulder with the brave, selfless guardians of Brindol!"

She run a thumb along the edge of her axe, testing it for burrs, and nicks, seemingly satisfied, "As my companion asked, where do you need us?!"

Buufreak
2020-07-15, 07:50 PM
Very good! he shouts. We are working to push them back towards the gates as quickly as possible, with as little damage as we can manage. We are marching the main streets, can you manage to sweep out the back and manage a flank?

Ridai
2020-07-15, 08:24 PM
"Sure can! And no time like the present!" Really, can't let a good warm-up go to waste, now can we? Without further ado, Ruvora leads the way out of the inn's back door, shield and enthusiasm equally in front of her, hammer in hand.

Dimers
2020-07-15, 10:22 PM
Dearie comes back down the stairs in much more normal clothing. She quickly reports to the building's owner, "No sir, no damage upstairs," before following Ruvora out the door, magic rod in hand.

Rakaydos
2020-07-16, 07:57 AM
When Zar leaves, he has his pack, preferring to carry it with him than have it potentially be burned in his absence. The tall robed figure followes the rest of the group.

Buufreak
2020-07-16, 10:05 AM
The back alley isn't long, and leads to a subdivision of the next street over. In the distance the clash of steel and wails of battle can be heard. But there is another noise. More a low rumble, and shrieks of terror. It isn't in the direction the guard instructed you to follow.

Ridai
2020-07-17, 07:51 PM
Ruvora takes note of the rumbling noise in the distance before charging towards where the fight she was directed towards happens. Kick more gobbo rears, save some guards, do a big united charge against whatever is rumbling in the distance.

Zero Prime
2020-07-18, 07:11 AM

Valaera's heart pulled her in the direction of the rumbling, feeling that it would be better to deal with the unknown threat while the guardsmen dealt with the assault, however, she noted her stout companion, Ruvera, move in the direction indicated by the guardsman. She rolled her shoulders, Fair enough, she thought to herself, hew through the greenskins and deal with the hidden threat after. They would just need to move fast, and kill faster.

WaffleLord
2020-07-18, 12:16 PM

The eladrin comes dashing out the back way, looking quickly to see where the others have led. With sword and wand in hand, he follows the others.

Buufreak
2020-07-18, 02:52 PM
The back road opens up into a central courtyard, well populated with goblins and others alike, with guard surrounding on nearly all sides. Their options of possible escape are through the street leading to the main gate, a few side roads not already armed with city patrol, and through you.

With a quick eye, Valaera counts maybe 12. It seems the town has well corralled them to this spot.

Roll for initiative.

Rakaydos
2020-07-19, 09:05 AM
"It looks like the guard has this situation well in hand- should we pursue our original objective?"

Buufreak
2020-07-19, 09:31 AM
The battle is already underway on arrival. The hobgoblins are taking their stand, letting the smaller goblins in the back try their best at pop shots from the back.

Gob 1 is firing into the crowd of guards, no real roll needed there.
Gob 4, however, seems to stand as a point man, and would likely be the first to notice anyone's approach (Passive Perception 13).

Ridai
2020-07-19, 10:05 AM
HP 31/31 (3 THP), Surges 11/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative -
Conditions -

No time like the present. There are some annoying phalanxes standing around, but also a lone gobbo. So, post-haste, the dwarf moves into what is soon to be a killing field in a wide arc, coming barreling down at the goblin and swinging her hammer right at it, with a "If you ain't getting 'em, I will!"

Move from Y8 to T8

Standard Charge at Gob 4, moving from T8 to Q13. Gob 4 is marked by Ruvora until the end of her next turn.
[roll0] vs Gob 4's AC (includes bonus from CA due to surprise and charge)
Hit: [roll1] damage, Ruvora gains 3 THP

Buufreak
2020-07-19, 11:23 AM
It is off turn, so the Gob isn't going to have time to react appropriately to being caught off guard.

Hobs 2 and Gob 3 make their way to attacking the guard line, attempting to either break through, or at least hold them back long enough.

Still no need for rolls here.

Rakaydos
2020-07-19, 11:35 AM
"Then I guess it is time to use the more powerful tools." As Zar cast, the air around the nearest goblin group crackled with arcane energies, and began to writhe of it's own accord.

Arcane Whirlwind
Vs Gob 4-[roll0] vs reflex (with CA from suprise), [roll1] thunder damage and slide 1 square.
Vs Hob 4[roll2] vs reflex (with CA from suprise), [roll3] thunder damage and slide 1 square.
Vs Hob 5[roll4] vs reflex (with CA from suprise), [roll5] thunder damage and slide 1 square.
Vs Hob 6[roll6] vs reflex (with CA from suprise), [roll7] thunder damage and slide 1 square.
Vs Hob 7[roll8] vs reflex (with CA from suprise), [roll9] thunder damage and slide 1 square.

Minor: Slide Hob 6 2 squares
Move Slide hob 7 2 squares

WaffleLord
2020-07-19, 01:29 PM
Areen Tatallaner (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2242529)

Watching the dizzying whirlwind weaken the lead goblin but not take him down, Aeren tries another whistle missile to remove him from the scene. As the thunder shakes and disorients the goblin, Ruvora's craghammer finds an easy mark, lifting and crashing the goblin to the ground.

Move Action: Z8 to W8

Standard Ranged 10
Attack vs Gob4 Will - [roll0] for 4 damage and push to Q15
MBA by Ru before the push - [roll1] vs AC for [roll2] damage

Buufreak
2020-07-19, 03:20 PM
More gobs and hobs move into combat positions, but only the one caught in the whirlwind currently stands to act against the group.

Oh boy, actual numbers!
[roll0] vs AC against Ruvora, 5 damage on hit.

Zero Prime
2020-07-20, 02:04 PM

As Valaera emerged from the alley, she watched as her companions charged towards the fray, while she was concerned about the quarter that had been attacked unexpectedly, she knew better than to seperate their fighting force. Concentrating on the foes ahead, she charged towards Ruvora, determined to cut a bloody swath through their foes. "Why are the Tribes attacking the goodmen of Brindol?!?" With a practised hand she flicked her battle axe towards the hobgoblin's vitals, "ANSWER ME!!!! Or I will read the truth in your splayed entrails as is the Wychlaran way!"

OOC: Move Action to move to R14, Minor Action to Hunter's Quarry Hobgoblin 5, Careful Attack vs Hobgoblin 5. [roll0] vs AC, if successful weapon damage is [roll1] and Quarry damage is [roll2]]. Critical hit! Max damage and he dead!

Buufreak
2020-07-20, 05:04 PM
The last two in the storm, seemingly shocked past all sense of belief, turn to take on Valaera!

[roll0]
[roll1]
Each hits for a static 5 damage.

Dimers
2020-07-21, 12:48 AM
Partly out of worry about what her new allies will think of her, Dearie forgoes stealth and rushes to Valaera's side, again swinging her rod to create a wave of darkness. The energy seems to pass through two hobgoblins' midsections with muffled thumping and crackling noises. They both fall without fanfare, unconscious or dead. A lick of white and orange fire surrounds the rod's head for a moment before vanishing.

Move action: walk 6 from the spawn area to S14.
Standard action: five storms (six if you count the tornado!) on Hob6 and Hob7.
versus Hob6, [roll0] for [roll1] damage
versus Hob7, [roll2] for [roll3] damage
If either hits, use flurry of blows to deal the other hobbo 5 fire damage and penalize its attacks against me until the end of my next turn. Then the flurry also lets me shift 1 to R13.

Buufreak
2020-07-22, 10:07 AM
The last of the batch falls. Surrounding the majority of the party is a heap of dead (and/or dying) goblinoids, incapable of movement or thought of what just transgressed in the past moment.

The town guard begins their push, hoping to force the goblins more and more into a larger, and easier to target, bunch. A few break the formation to attempt an early defeat of stragglers.

It appears near the rear of the guard, one of the town's wizarding folk has joined the fray, ready to drop mortar fire at the earliest opportunity to clear out large swaths at once.

The roar of a large commotion is still audible in the distance. It may even be getting closer.

Guard 1 at Hob 1 [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage.
Guard 2 at Hob 2 [roll2] vs AC, [roll3] damage.
Guard 3 at Hob S 2 [roll4] vs AC, [roll5] damage.
Siege Wizard is holding action

The two lesser gobs drop where they stand, while the brouder soldier raises his shield in time to deflect the blow.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

(Goblin 1 rolls perception [roll6], notices on... lets call it a 15?)

The goblin screams out the goblin equivalent of "What the hell is that?!" before turning and opening fire on his unprotected flank.

18 vs AC At Ruvora, closest target and such. Thwacks for 8 damage.

Ridai
2020-07-22, 10:54 AM
HP 26/31, Surges 11/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative -
Conditions -

Zar is a hoot. Things get so much more interesting when tornados, lightning, and ice can suddenly burst forth any moment!

With the first group cut down in short order (with a thumbs up to Aeren), Valaera continues the process of wooing Ruvora as hard as humanly possible, having the dwarven warrior fan air to her face flushed from the joy of battle and other amorous feelings. "Pike me, I've been missing ouhurk" is heard from Ruvora as an arrow cuts short the moment to appreciate the disemboweling, bonebreaking handiwork of her dear companions. Looking at the arrow jutting out from her chest and following the shaft to the offending goblin, target acquisition happens without needing to give thought to it.

"Ohohoho!" Ruvora exclaims, breaking off most of the arrow shaft. "Got a feisty berk here!" And from one moment to the next, she is already charging across the field, right at the goblin that shot her. "Get ready ta kiss yer ass goodbye from the inside!" is joyously exclaimed as she hammers the goblin straight on the head.

Move from Q13 to L13

Standard Charge from Q13 to I10 (in the interest of being closer to the lower group for later), targeting Gob 1, marking Gob 1 until the end of Ruvora's next turn
[roll0] vs Gob 1's AC (includes charge bonus)
Hit: [roll1] damage and Ruvora gains 3 THP

Buufreak
2020-07-22, 11:34 AM
The soldier, unabated by the guard before him, turns to attempt at protecting his goblin cohort. Swinging his mighty flail, he charges!

[roll0] vs AC, on hit [roll1] damage, mark and slow.

The bulk of the goblin force has seemed to take notice of the team now, and is opening fire on their flank.

Gonna move North Gob3, and fire at Dearie.
14 is a miss! Carry on!

Rakaydos
2020-07-22, 11:48 AM
A gust of wind helped Var on her way to the rest of the fight, while Zar creeped along the edge of the square, the windstorm tracking toward the rest of the goblins.

Minor: sustain spell, slide Var 2.
Move: Zar moves 7
Standard->: Spell moves 6.

WaffleLord
2020-07-22, 12:52 PM

Having dispatched the first group with the group gives him a rush of confidence. "They do work well together. Picking apart methodically. Good strategy. Let's see if this helps." He moves closer to the next group chosen by the wild woman and bandaged one. A wave of his wand and his call, "Cín nemb na- a thaw iav!"(Your nose has the appearance of a rotten tomato) rushes towards the closest goblin as a palpable wave of mockery.

Move Action: move from W8 to Q8

Standard Action: Vicious Mockery
At-Will Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Standard Ranged 10
Hit:1d6 + Cha mod psychic damage and target takes -2 attack until end of your next turn
vs Gob 1 Will - [roll0] for [roll1] psychic damage and Gob 1 has -2 to attacks until EoMNT

Buufreak
2020-07-23, 11:02 AM
The gobs and hobs, now fully aware of the situation, attempt to retaliate and rally. They larger Hobagobs move into a more defensive formation, trying to keep the smaller and feebler protected.

Hobs 1 at Ru [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] on hit, plus slow and mark.
Hob 3 at Guard 3 [roll2] vs AC for lethal (minion on minion violence!)
Gob 2 at... I guess Ruvora? Not like someone to shoot through a tornado and hope for the best.
[roll3] vs AC, [roll4] damage.

Zero Prime
2020-07-23, 03:05 PM
HP's: 32 of 37 | Bloodied: 18 | Surges: 6 of 7 | Surge Value: 9 HP's

Noticing that her dwarven companion had the situation well in hand against the northern force of green bloods, Valaera turned her attention southward. She noted the dire predicament of the town's guard, brave souls, who were, however, no heroes.

A rash decision perhaps, her companions were not in close proximity to back her up, but even as Zar's winds seemed to push her in that direction, she knew she had to do everything she could to ensure that the sons and daughters of Brindol lived to see another day. "DOG FACE!" She bellowed over the din and crash of Ruvora's craghammer, "You'll not feast on flesh this day, but instead, thrice forged steel!" And with that she sprinted towards the broad shouldered Hobgoblin, swinging her axe down in a savage blow aimed at his collar bone.

OOC: Slide from P15>N17, Move from N17>I18, Minor Action: Hunter's Quarry Hobs2, Standard Action Charge to G18. MBA (w/Flanking & Charge) vs AC, [roll0], for Wpn damage [roll1], and Quarry [roll2].

If an attack is performed against Guard before my next turn, Valaera will use her Guardian's Counter to slide 2 and exchange places with the town guard, become the target of the attack and make a MBA attack vs the triggering enemy, [roll3], for weapon damage [roll4].

Dimers
2020-07-23, 03:49 PM
Dearie jogs to try to keep up with the moving battlefront, unleashing a larger and more diffuse shadowy wave from her rod. It washes over the tougher hobgoblin without effect. But the goblin caught in the wave looks struck, squinching up its face and holding a hand to one ear for a moment while staring at its attacker.

Move action: walk from R13 to L12.
Standard action: fascinating shadows encompassing HobSoldier1 and Gob3.
Former: [roll0] vs Will, hit deals [roll1] psychic and mechanically makes it look like bad things will happen if they attack me. Choosing not to pull.
Latter: [roll2] vs Will, hit deals [roll3] psychic, otherwise see above
If either results in a kill, I'll use cloud sight as a free action to penalize Gob3's attacks against me by -5 until EoMNT.

Buufreak
2020-07-23, 05:58 PM
Seeing opportunity, the guards continue to push into the courtyard.

I didn't think it could happen, but the guards lived long enough to flank. Twice.
Guard 1 @ Gob 2 [roll0] vs AC, [roll1]
Guard 2 @ Hob 3 [roll2] vs AC, [roll3]
Guard 3 @ Hob 3, or Hobs 2 should Hob 3 die. [roll4] vs AC, [roll5]

The final culmination of the ruckus comes forth: tearing down the last road, an Ogre, attached to the shafts of a wagon, pulling at full speed with a pair of Goblin archers in the rear, raining hell on whoever they pass by.

You are fairly sure you heard one of the guards yell "what the hell is that?" as the Ogre entered the courtyard.

You notice that not only does the cart carry a pair of goblins, but a few casks as well.

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Buufreak
2020-07-23, 06:09 PM
Now the true rally begins, they got you on the ropes! The short goblin pulls out his short sword and takes a lunge at Ruvora.

[roll0] vs AC, on hit [roll1]

Ridai
2020-07-23, 06:51 PM
HP 14/31 (3 THP), Surges 10/12 (7), AP 0, Initiative 21
Defenses AC 18, F 17, R 14, W 13, Second Wind spent
Conditions bloodied, +2 defenses until start of next turn (Second Wind)

Ruvora takes a nasty hit, leading to a combination of "Argh!" and "That's the spirit, ya soddin' leatherhead!" as a tornado rages behind her, but before she can retaliate, an ogre stomps into the fray, and the sight of that makes something light up with wonder and joy in Ruvora's face, shooing away the goblin's stab with her shield as she gazes upon the new cool place to be.

Doing a quick twist to swipe her hammer at the hob and gob next to her, but after that, there is no holding her back, just making straight through the tornado and right at the giant ogre. "This is the best day ever!" she puts to protocol as she swings merrily at the creature's kneecaps.

Minor Second Wind, spending an HS to heal 7 HP and gain +2 to all defenses until the start of Ruvora's next turn

Standard Hack and Hew, targeting and marking Gob 1 and Hobs 1 (gain 3 THP if all targets are missed)
[roll0] vs Gob 1's AC
Hit: [roll1] damage, Ruvora gains 6 THP (Battlerager Vigor + Invigorating)

[roll2] vs Hobs 1's AC
Hit: [roll3] damage, Ruvora gains 6 THP (Battlerager Vigor + Invigorating)

Move from I10 to N10 (provoking OAs)

Action Point: Standard Charge at the ogre, moving from N10 to R13, marking the ogre
[roll4] vs Ogre's AC
Hit: [roll5] damage (+2 if Ruvora has THP at this point), Ruvora gains 3 THP

Buufreak
2020-07-23, 07:13 PM
Seeing the weaker target, the broad Hobgoblin takes the opportunity to lessen the numbers, only to be confounded when seeing Valaera now in his path, driving a blade deep between the plates of his armor.

The goblin takes the threat seriously, opening fire on Dearie.

Hobs2 at Val, after taking the solid hit. [roll0] vs AC, [roll1]
Gob3 fires at Dearie. [roll2] vs AC, [roll3]

Rakaydos
2020-07-23, 08:33 PM
The storm abruptly reversed direction, the storm front unbalancing the ogre as it rushed foward. A pillar of lightning appeared where it was standing, threatening it if it moves toward the fighting.

Move: move storm
Minor: sustain storm, slide ogre (and goblins on cart?)
Standard: Storm Pillar- obstruction, does d6 automatic lightning damage per adjacent square entered on the opponent's turn.

WaffleLord
2020-07-24, 01:32 AM

"Chaos to the left, battle ahead, Valaera charging off. A tactical feast! Zar and the dwarf have the big one engaged, the quick one is clear, and the tall one has teamed with the guards. Let's try lessen these numbers a little." With a wave and a shout, "Cín magol would ú- worrui a gwilwileth" (Your blade would not frighten a butterfly), he sends another message of misery to the goblin. Seeing the vicious fighter a little worse for wear, Aeren changes the tune of his whistle to something more ethereal and heart-warming. With another wave of the wand, vigor returns to the fighter's countenance.

Standard Action: Vicious Mockery
At-Will Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Standard Ranged 10
Hit:1d6 + Cha mod psychic damage and target takes -2 attack until end of your next turn
vs Gob 1 Will - [roll0] for [roll1] psychic damage and target is -2 to attacks until EoMNT

Minor Action: Majestic Word for Ruvora
Encounter(Special) Arcane, Healing
Minor action Close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in burst
Effect: Target can spend healing surge, gains additional hp equal to Cha mod (4 + 4 temp hp). You can slide target 1 sq.

Buufreak
2020-07-25, 09:53 AM
The cart bound goblin tries to steady himself after the storm, and sets up one of the barrels, lighting its fuse.

The goblin engaging the guard and the lone-standing soldier are out for blood. He charges after Dearie.

Barrel setup takes no rolls, just actions.
Gob 2 at Guard 1, [roll0] vs AC [roll1] damage
Hob S 1 at Dearie, [roll2] vs AC [roll3] damage

Zero Prime
2020-07-25, 02:31 PM
HP's: 27 of 37 | Bloodied: 18 | Surges: 6 of 7 | Surge Value: 9 HP's

The hobgoblin's wicked curved blade swung for her exposed ribs, with a quick twist and a turn, she swept it aside, suffering only a minor injury as it skipped along her thigh. She was able to turn the force of the blow however, which she then returned with a savage strike through the soldier's upper thigh, sufficient to sever the thick bone and sinew, dropping him howling in the muddied soil as his life's blood pumped out of the savaged stump of his thigh. She glared at the two guards, "If the men of Brindol be MEN, then they shall follow me!"

Valaera heard the roar of the ogre, saw the wagon and the goblins within it, then, from the corner of her eye she noted the broad shouldered hobgoblin swing his cleaver like blade at the female, Dearie, who deftly stepped back and to the side. Valaera, unused to the woman's fighting style, did not wish to abandon her with both goblin, and hobgoblin closing in on her, so despite her urge to charge towards the biggest threat, she barrelled forward to the defense of her companion, "CORPSE EATER," she called in a fury, "today the raven's shall take roost in your shattered rib cage and their young shall feast upon thine eyes!"

OOC: Standard Action, Careful Strike vs Hob Soldier 2 (with Flanking), [roll0] vs AC, if hit [roll1], and Quarry damage, [roll2]. Move action to approach Ogre moving from E18 > K13, Minor Action to Quarry Hob Soldier 1.

Buufreak
2020-07-25, 07:04 PM
The Ogre reaches back, and the Goblin hands him the now lit barrel. He takes aim and heaves it through the storm at Ruvora.

So, the barrel itself. [roll0] vs ... eh, reflex of all things. Hit for [roll1] fire damage.

Then the boom and burst of fire from it smashing into ground (or target, as it were). [roll2] also vs reflex, [roll3] fire damage.

Also creates the fire hazard, anyone moving through or starting there will take 1d6 fire. We'll roll that elsewhere, or in your own post on your turn.

Dimers
2020-07-26, 01:01 AM
Dearie shifts a bit to where her hobgoblin attacker can't possible attend to her and Valaera at the same time, then ...

Move action: shift 1 north, L12 to L11.
Standard action: open the gate of battle on HobS1 with flanking advantage, [roll0] vs Reflex for [roll1] untyped damage and 5 fire.

... unleashes a crushing wave of energy on it!

If a creature adjacent to me is knocked to 0 hp, I'll use cloud sight to penalize either Gob1 or Gob3's chance to hit me by -5, whichever is still standing and would be the next to act.

Buufreak
2020-07-26, 11:44 AM
The guard line nearly finishes its push, cutting off the exit to all but the most formidable opposition (ogre). They continue to try to circle and drop goblins where able.

Not sure it super matters at this point, but the guards are using short swords. Yay, flavor.
Guard 1 at gob 2, [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage.
Guard 2 and 3 at gob 3, [roll2] vs AC, [roll3] damage, and [roll4] vs AC, [roll5] damage.

Buufreak
2020-07-26, 11:51 AM
The first of the Gobs weighs his options, and is tired of being psychically assaulted.

Shooting his bow!
[roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage. That's including the penalties.

Ridai
2020-07-26, 01:07 PM
HP 9/31, Surges 10/12 (7), AP 0, Initiative 21
Conditions bloodied

And the next thing Ruvora knows is that she got hit square in the everything by a burning cask almost as big as she is, which then also explodes right in her face. Needless to say, the burning dwarf, even one as hardy as the true Haela believing Ruvora, daughter of Druna, one of the true sanctified, cannot take another one like these. And she most definitely will not be downing that big fat ogre in one blow, either. So it is time for desperate measures. The burning Ruvora steps out of the field of pitch, tiny flickering pieces scattered around her boots, drops her craghammer with a heavy thud, and draws a throwing hammer, still covered in pitch, alight in her hand. Needless to say, the sheer pain at the moment makes it more than a little difficult to aim, but she has adrenaline to match. Which also does not help with aiming, but keeps the spirits up.

"Join in, the pitch's fine!" Ruvora shouts and chucks the burning hammer right at the waggon filled with casks.

Ruvora takes 3 fire damage due to the burning square.

Move Shift from R13 to S13

Free Drop craghammer in S13

Minor Draw throwing hammer, currently covered in burning pitch like the rest of Ruvora

Standard Throw hammer at the casks to hopefully make them go boom
[roll0] vs cask AC (whatever that may be)
Hit: [roll1] damage (some of which may be fire)

Buufreak
2020-07-27, 09:48 AM
The burning hammer sunk deep into the side of a cask. It first began pouring its contents out, but quickly set ablaze and exploded, sending burning pitch oil in all directions (burst 3). All around and on the cart are caught in the blast.

Against both gobs and the ogre
[roll0] vs Ref, [roll1] fire damage.
[roll2] vs Ref, [roll3] fire damage.
[roll4] vs Ref, [roll5] fire damage.

The other goblins watch in awe as their last bet seemed to just get smoked out. The third takes a quick look around, and tries to assess an escape.

Gob 3 shifts, then makes his way to the open bridge.

Rakaydos
2020-07-27, 10:31 AM
The storm continued to whip the ogre and cart, herding it into the corner of the square, exposing the goblins on what remains of the cart, and a new pillar of lightning hems them in even more.

Move: Reposition arcane storm
Minor: sustain, slide Ogre 2. (goblins are repositioned by cart)
Standard: Lightning pillar

WaffleLord
2020-07-27, 12:02 PM

Concerned about the smoldering dwarf, Aeren sends his last healing song her way. A fleeing goblin comes hurrying his way, its trajectory a little close to the concentrating wizard. A whistle and a wave sends the goblin staggering towards the water. Feeling slightly foolish stepping into the shadow of the towering spell-thrower, Aeren calls to the goblin, "If you wish to leave, do so without a parting blow. Don't compound cowardice and stupidity."

Minor Action: Majestic Word to Ruvora
Encounter(Special) Arcane, Healing
Minor action Close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in burst
Effect: Target can spend healing surge, gains additional hp equal to Cha mod (4 + 4 temp hp). You can slide target 1 sq.
Ruvora gains 11 hp and 4 thp.

Standard Ranged 10
vs Gob 3 Will - [roll0] for 4 thunder damage and push 3 squares to L4 ((Reroll in Misc = 18))

Move Action: move to R5

Buufreak
2020-07-27, 04:47 PM
The one goblin caught in the cart calls out to the ogre. He makes a B-line out of the fire, lightning, and storm winds, *****, and fires at the first thing he sees.

The goblin on the front line with the town guard takes a step back and tries his luck with a quick arrow.

The hobgoblin frontliner tries to take his fury out on Dearie.

"You're on your own, buddy!

Starting his turn in the fiery hell, [roll0] burny damage.
Moves through the lightning, [roll1] zap damage.
Taking a quick shot at Val
[roll2] vs AC, hit for [roll3] damage.
Shot at guard.
[roll4] vs AC, hit for [roll5] damage.
And Hobs1 flail at Dearie.
[roll6] vs AC, hit for [roll7] damblage. Slow and mark on hit.

Zero Prime
2020-07-28, 03:45 PM

Valera, seeing her companion aflame, realized she needed to put down the horde before she could assist her comrade in defeating the brute of an ogre. She snarled towards the hobgoblin soldier in front of her, even as it took a swing at her companion. She howled an unintelligible curse, as a fury overtook her, the axe in her right hand was parried by the creature, however, the sheer rage flowing through the Rashemi woman's veins, hammered the creatures weapon aside, the thick axe landing with a sickening crunch in his small ribs, while her other axe descended in a vicious arc, even as turned her hips to prepare to move to the north west, dragging the soldier's body to the dirt, where she stomped on his face, and pulled her axes clear in a spray of the scavenger's blood.

She looked towards the goblin's and charged, the first, a quick flick of the wrist aimed towards it's throat, however, the handle of her axe was slick with hobgoblin blood, and the blow was ill timed, deflected by it's boiled leather cuirass. Her second blow, at the adjacent goblin landed the mark, biting into it's weapon arm, as she squared her hips and prepared to combat the two greenskin foes.

OOC: Standard Action: Jaws of the Wolf vs HobS1, 2 attacks. First Attack [roll0] vs AC, 2 Wpn Damage if successful [roll1], half damage on miss; Second attack [roll2] vs AC, 2 Wpn Damage if successful, [roll3], half damage on miss. Quarry damage if either hit, [roll4]. Miss with a 14, trigger Heroic Effort increasing attack to an 18, which still misses, oh well, I tried. Half damage on those hits, but neither connect, so no Quarry damage.

Minor Action, Off Hand Strike vs HobS1, if still alive. 1 Attack, [roll5] vs AC, for 1 Weapon damage, [roll6] damage. If HobS1 is dead, Val will move from J13 to G10, and attack Gob 1 with Off Hand Strike (rolled above).

If HobS1 is dead, Valera will AP and attack Gob2 with Careful Strike. 1 Attack, [roll7] vs AC for 1 Weapon damage, [roll8].

If HobS1 is still alive, she will neither move nor AP

Buufreak
2020-07-29, 12:17 PM
The other goblin on the cart does the same, abandoning the ogre. He takes a shot forward as he runs.

The ogre, in desperation, does all he can to smash his way through the cart.

Start of turn, fire damage for Gob and Ogre.
[roll0] and [roll1] fire damage.
Goblin moves straight north, and shoots at Zar. He'll take [roll2] lightning damage for moving.
[roll3] vs Zar's AC, hit for [roll4] weapon damage.

The Ogre does all he can to slam through the cart. It has 40 HP.
[roll5]. I suppose the cart also already took fire damage from the boom from Ru, so there is a vague chance he gets free from this. [roll6]

Dimers
2020-07-29, 07:24 PM
Dearie silently dashes over to help Valaera and the guards put down the last goblins near them.

Move action: Walk from L11 to H10.
Standard action: Five storms.
[roll0] vs Goblin1's Reflex, hit deals [roll1] and triggers flurry. Flurry hits Gob1 if he's still standing, Gob2 otherwise.
[roll2] vs Goblin2's Reflex, hit deals [roll3]. If my first attack misses but this one hits, flurry on Gob1.

The damage from her dark energy has both goblins on the verge of collapse, but they're not broken yet!

Buufreak
2020-07-31, 09:52 AM
The guards continue to close in, surrounding the few goblins they can with the party.

Moved to appropriate spots, attempting to poke with pointy sticks.
Guard 2 at Gob 2, [roll0] vs AC, hit for [roll1] weapon damage.
Guard 3 at Gob 1, [roll2] vs AC, hit for [roll3] weapon damage.

Should Gob 1 drop, it goes to Ru's turn, at which point the fireworks are going off. It did not, editing in Gob 1's actions. Going ahead and rolling it here, and keeping it for when Ru starts. [roll4] fire damage on the Ogre.

The guards are yet again confounded by the slipperiness of these damnable goblins!

The one manages to circle around and strike the guard force from behind.

The guard miss triggers gob tactics, a immediate action shift, then the gob shifts again to be behind the guard, and attacks him. Rolling on discord.

19 hits. Guard 1 drops.

Ridai
2020-07-31, 10:26 AM
HP 20/31 (4 THP), Surges 9/12 (7), AP 0, Initiative 21
Conditions -

There's still fight in Ruvora as she hears Aeren's song, briefly raising a shield in acknowledgement as she watches the burning and subsequently exploding cart, guarding against the shockwave. As chunks of ogre as well as copious amounts of blood rain down, Ruvora picks her craghammer back up and charges right across the field, hammering down on the furthest fleeing goblin. "Where're ya goin' berk?" the dwarven warrior covered in wounds, scorch marks, and blood (most of it not her own) shouts as she comes barreling into the creature.

Minor Pick up and wield Moopy the Craghammer

Move from S13 to N9

Standard Charge from N9 to L5 at Gob 3, marking it until the end of Ruvora's next turn
[roll0] vs Gob 3's AC
Hit: [roll1] damage

Buufreak
2020-07-31, 12:55 PM
Whelp, I suppose he doesn't appreciate a hammer to the face and will try to counter attack.

[roll0] vs Ru AC, [roll1] weapon damage. Why do the gobs keep critting?! 8 damage it is.

Rakaydos
2020-07-31, 03:32 PM
Zar made a very un-humanoid yip as the goblin's arrow struck him. Pulling it free and applying pressure, he glanced at Aeren to see if she noticed, while moving the storm closer.

Standard: Second wind
Move: move storm
Minor: sustain storm, slid Gob 5 back.

WaffleLord
2020-07-31, 09:34 PM

"Not running? Maybe not your wisest ARGH!" Aeren's snappy comment is cut short by an arrow slapping his shoulder from behind making a sound almost like a yipping hyena. He turns to see the offending goblin swept up in Zar's storm. "Wait your turn," he grumbles, turning back to his primary target. Pursing his lips, he waves another whistle bolt that claps like thunder upon the goblin. However, the goblin seems still partially deaf from the recent explosion and is not affected in the least.

Standard Ranged 10

vs Gob3 Will - [roll0] for 4 thunder damage, a Ruvora MBA, and push 3 squares to I1 and possibly into the water.

Ruvora MBA vs AC - [roll1] for [roll2] damage. I HATE wasting 20's

Into the water? Nope.

Buufreak
2020-08-01, 09:56 AM
on the wasted crit. That'd finish the little bugger for sure.

Gob 2 is still well surrounded, and not entirely sure what to do tries to make an opening.

Gob 6 looks equally bewildered. To most his sides, opposition, and to his flank, a well toasted ogre and a bonfire of a wagon cart. He holds his position and tries to help his afar allies.

Gob 2 swipes at the guard, Gob 6... closest thing is Dearie.
[roll0] vs AC, [roll1]
Vs Dearie, [roll2] vs AC, [roll3] weapon damage

Zero Prime
2020-08-02, 04:51 AM

Valaera watched as the giant-kin was immolated by pitch and tar, a gruesome death for a gruesome beast. Still, there were the remnants of the raiding party to deal with, she returned her attention to the raider closest her, and focused her vision, looking for any opening in the goblins defense. And then, with a sudden surge of strength, swung towards the creatures chest, it's crude shaped weapon deflected the axe, however her stance was too wide, she slipped in the blood and mud, her attack wasted.

OOC: Minor Action: Hunter's Quarry Gob2; Std Action: Careful Strike Gob2: [roll0] vs AC, for Wpn damage [roll1], and Quarry damage [roll2].

Buufreak
2020-08-02, 12:44 PM
The slippery bastards, these gobs. One makes a B-line, straight for the bridges to make an escape with his life.

Gob5 is now at the topmost row. This one might get away.

Dimers
2020-08-02, 01:08 PM
Dearie smashes one of the goblins to the ground with a black blaze. "HAHH!" She spins around to face another foe, but this one saw up close how she battered its ally, and it avoids her attack.

Gob5 is now at the topmost row. This one might get away.

Lacking a useful MBA, I really can't do squat to stop Gob5, so ... on to stuff I can do.

First I'll attack the adjacent Gob2 with dragon's tail: [roll0] vs Fortitude, hit deals [roll1] and knocks prone.
If that's a hit and not a kill, add flurry of blows for 5 fire.
Spend an AP.
If Gob2 is still standing (living and un-prone) I'll dragon tail it again, but if not I'll shift 1 east and apply the attack against Gob1. Either way, [roll2] vs Fortitude, hit deals [roll3] and knocks prone. If this hits and I haven't used flurry, do so.
Finally, if I used two attacks against Gob2 and he's now prone or unconscious, shift 1 east.

Buufreak
2020-08-03, 05:49 PM
Quick wrap-up montage!

The guards swarm in from all sides, and quickly the goblins are outnumbered and outgunned. One by one, until there is a last man standing, they are fallen.

The dust clears, and a last man standing is tackled and put into shackles. The guard team drags in a cart of their own, with a cage in the back, throw him in, lock the gate, and haul him off.

Rakaydos
2020-08-03, 09:05 PM
Zar excuses himself and finds a quiet alleyway to Make Whole his disguise, before it can be scrutinized by the town guard.

Dimers
2020-08-03, 10:01 PM
"Well. That's that." Dearie claps ash and dirt off her hands. "Ruvora, Valaera, thank you ... I think ... for sharing that glorious battle with us. If you didn't get incinerated, Ru, I would have guessed you arranged it to happen! Zar and I will see you back at the inn." She saunters off to run interference while her companion does what he needs.

Ridai
2020-08-04, 11:25 AM
The scorched, blood-soaked, viscera-spattered warrior grins from ear to ear in response. "See you there, cutter!" Ruvora calls after Dearie, puffs of smoke still coming from her mouth, also yanking out the last arrow. Having a quiet moment between the victory cheer and the victory celebration, she looks at the carnage. Some poor lads of the guard didn't make it, but that's battle for you. They walloped a great deal of gob'n'hobs today, and even an ogre! Granted, the ogre went up with the fireworks, but this was the most exciting thing and the most glorious battle she has done so far.

"Haela's taken a real shine to me." Ruvora nods to herself. Followed by tasting something awful and spitting out some chunk that got into her mouth at some point. "Brought me right to the finest set of blades, fists, muscles, and moral support in the land!" she beams to the group. Well, Valaera and Aeren at this point. She's sure Dearie and Zar could still hear her, though. "Smashing job by you too!" is called over to the guards.

Back to Valaera and Aeren. "How 'bout we find ourselves a few tankards and a nice big tub, then see where those gobbos came from tomorrow?" Ruvora already rubbing her hands as she guides them back to the inn.

Zero Prime
2020-08-05, 06:49 AM

Valaera surveyed the attack, a notable incursion given the town's defenses, plus the pitch and flame, seemed far more co-ordinated than either goblin or ogre could devise on their own. So, likely less of a raid, and more of a skirmish, allowing observers to gauge the response of an enemy. This wasn't an attack, it was a declaration of war, she turned to the nearest guard and informed him. "You are at war, best keep your weapons handy, and your wits about you. This first foray, is but the greenskin's initial assault, I would send runner's to outlying communities, determine their status and safety, prepare for a siege. Goblins and worse are coming."

Ruvora's talk of a bathhouses and alehouses was tempting, Valaera could only smile, a grim one though, the mirth somewhat diminished. "A bath to wash the greenskin blood from my body, and you, my friend," she ran a hand through the dwarf's hair, pulling bits of flesh and sinew, "Need to wash the ogre from you before we share a tankard." She secured her weapons to hir hips, and returned towards the tavern, where the damage from the attack was still apparent. "Though our time may be better spent aiding the people of this town prepare for the siege that lay ahead, this attack was too well planned, there is a leader out there, somewhere," she pointed to the hills and forests on the horizon, "watching, and these people are ill prepared to fight a war, as evidenced by the guard's response this day. Too timid, too restrained, too civilized."

Ridai
2020-08-05, 07:49 AM
Ruvora picks a bit of ogre out of her braids, sniffs it, makes a face, and flicks it away before glancing up at Val. "Val, you beautiful woman gutting my foes, we need to work on you trusting yourself," she says, and since the shoulder is a bit too far up for a casual gesture, a pat on the muscular thigh will have to do. "Here's the canny thing to do: while the fine guard gets things ready here, we go visit them gobbos and put 'em in the dead-book. We got ourselves a dashing elf to charm the dark on where they're at out of the one who knows. And if he can keep me from keeling over with his lovely, lovely voice, this should be no problem." And she grins up to Aeren with nothing but faith in him.

Buufreak
2020-08-05, 01:19 PM
In the midst of the attempting to save the less injured and clearing of the viscera, a guard approaches. You recognize him from when he entered the tavern to assess the situation and direct you to the alleyways. Well met! I see you made it, and brought some unsightly friends. We will tend to our own here, but please, join us in the morning. We've received word, our Councilman is meeting with the various leaders of Brindol, and I wish you to be there. We truly couldn't have done this without you, and you have our thanks.

Ridai
2020-08-05, 01:45 PM
"Hey you," Ruvora recognizes with a grin, giving him an equally recognizing friendly punch on an evidently uninjured arm. Hearing the request, she wearily blows some air out of the corner of her mouth. "Really not the gal for politics, but if you want me to be there, I'll be there. Can't really do much else for your boys and girls. Well, outside of clapping gobbos, that is." Not for lack of trying, of course, but Haela can't really answer prayers at the moment. Mum could fix those wounded up in no time in her glory days.

"I'm Ruvora Sunhammer. What can I call you?" she asks, and once she got the answer and the others have said and asked what they want to, she says "If you're at the town hall or whatever you have in this burg, I'll be seeing you tomorrow."

WaffleLord
2020-08-06, 12:18 AM

"With the fury of...no, too hostile. As flame set to naptha...no, no good rhyme for naptha. Eh?" Distracted replaying the events for a ballad later, Aeren misses much of the dialogue that passes between the dwarf and others, but catches the veiled mischief in her smile. It brings him around to hear about the morning meeting and makes plans to attend. He inwardly agrees that finding out the motivation of the attackers would be the effective way to bring it to a close. The guard and others have their hands full at the moment and shouldn't be over-burdened with questions. Perhaps at the meeting after time for reflection and gathering of information from all points would be best.

Rakaydos
2020-08-06, 03:38 PM
The mending needed was trivial, and in 10 minutes Zar rejoined Deirie. "What now? Rejoin the adventurers at the tavern?"

Zero Prime
2020-08-07, 10:55 AM

"Val, you beautiful woman gutting my foes, we need to work on you trusting yourself,"

A curious look flashed across the taller woman's face, anger, shame, guilt, perhaps? It was quickly replaced by a resigned look, as if whatever had risen to the surface was ruthlessly shoved back down. "Perhaps truer than you know." She turned, and shouldered her way through the guards, only vaguely listening to the others speak with the militia, or the invitation to some town hall on the morrow.

She needed a drink, her pulse was pounding in her temples, and not because of the adrenalin of combat, the thrill of battle, but Ruvora's words rang true. She drew her cloak around her, concealing the wychlaran markings on her shoulders and upper arms from sight. "If the fire didn't consume it," she bellowed as she entered the still smouldering common room, "my companions are going to need ale, and plenty of it."

Buufreak
2020-08-07, 01:52 PM
Aye. You can call me Humphrey. Not for nothing, though, I'm sure no captain. But should you be needing a drink and cot, we could put you up at the barracks, unless you had somewhere else you preferred. He hears the call of the other guards. I've must be off. But I'm damn sure glad to have you here.

Dimers
2020-08-07, 11:14 PM
Dearie returns with relief to the inn, among the less-burnt structures in town. She slips in quietly without a fuss and heads upstairs straightaway. "Bed, glorious bed ..."

Buufreak
2020-08-08, 12:58 PM
Come the following morning, you are each greeted with a light knock on your doors, and should you answer you'd find no one there. Venturing down the stairs you are greeted by a small statured bar maiden. She smiles softly, and speaks even softer with a whispy voice. "Good, you've risen. Please eat your fill, a small token for the saviors of our tavern and town!" She gestures aside towards a large spread of breads, meats, and ales. "Should you finish, the friendly guard came by, and he spoke that the town meeting should begin within the hour."

Ridai
2020-08-08, 04:33 PM
Ruvora sees Val walk ahead. There is a brief moment going "Hm", but she follows soon enough. Drinks are had, as well as a lot (a lot) of scrubbing. No time for a relaxing bath with friends in the end, but at least in the morning, a clean Ruvora emerges from the upper floor with 100% less ogre blood and guts. The bar maiden is appropriately "morning"'d, before Ruvora's eyebrows rise to high excitement ("ooh!") at the sight of the spread, they they are quickly lowered again by the mention of the town hall meeting, down to regular excitement.

"Oi, right... preparations for early morning politics it is," Ruvora sighs, deciding to do just that as she is holding three tankards in one hand, and a stacked board in the other. She will need it all, as parking her ears at a town hall meeting this early will make her burn so much energy on maintaining self-control.

Dimers
2020-08-09, 01:24 AM
"Hmm? Politics?" Dearie asks, filling her own plate nearby. "I'm kinda thinking they'll just tell us which direction to find the butts they want kicked. Nobles and bureaucrats don't usually like spending time around adventurers -- disrespectful, messy, smelly -- hey, there's an idea! If you want to get out early, try working up a good sweat before you go!"

Rakaydos
2020-08-09, 07:58 AM
"I'd prefer not. Can you make excuses for me? I'd rather not have any limelight in this town." Zar was still nervous about public appearances.

Zero Prime
2020-08-09, 08:33 AM

Valaera walked down the stairs, the aroma of breakfast bringing a slight rumble to her stomach, she found herelf always hungry the day following a battle. She smiled at her companions as she sat down to the breakfast table, "Are we all ready to speak to this town council today, to listen to them tell these fine folks they have nothing to fear." She spoke around a crust of bread, a thick gravy and a rasher of bacon. "Only to have them hire us because they couldn't find their own asses with both hands?"

Ridai
2020-08-09, 10:57 AM
Ruvora points at Dearie with a sausage, and waggles it for further emphasis. "Canny strategy right there."

Emptying the second tankard, Ruvora chimes in again. "Best case: whole town hall sits down and shuts up, we just talk to the gobbo and go find their kip, clobber 'em, get loot to gear up, give people less to worry about, and find our next set of exciting problems. Worst case: some high-up vulture tries to force some asinine contract on us with the usual terrible pay, sodding conditions and terms with enough loopholes to screw us over later in some way, followed by twirling their moustache and using us for propaganda and more politics." Ruvora pauses, sighs, and downs the third tankard.

WaffleLord
2020-08-10, 10:38 PM

Having spent many hours in contemplation and creation of a new tale, the bard steps lightly down the stairs. He approaches the spread and picks through looking for ripe fruit and untarnished vegetables but settling for some tart berries and crusty bread with mushroom spread. "Well, I hope everyone has on their best presentation smiles. We are at an advantage of having put on a splendid show yesterday. Our value on the street's word is running high. There is a bountiful chance of future employment." Hearing the other's moods and attitudes, he blanches and replies, "It's true, we need information from any prisoners, but we must also play things right with the local 'moustaches', as you say. There can be great acclaim for adding our names to the story. And profit."

Buufreak
2020-08-11, 11:33 AM
And story, politics, and adventure were to be had!

As you finish your meal, the maiden bids you good day and points you in the right direction of the town hall. Although town hall is a bit short a term. The Hall of Great Valor seems to be part temple, part place of meeting and officiations, and part museum. It stands tall with large stone columns in the front, surrounded by lush and well maintained foliage.

Upon entering, you see the room is set up with a fair few rows of pews, all facing a long table with 4 men sitting at it (although for one, standing in his chair is suffice). These are the Lords of Brindol.

One stands, a rather rotund gent, slightly bristly in the face, and addresses your group. "Ah! The heroes of Brindol! Welcome!" His voice seems high, a mismatch for his size. Those in attendance all give a great cheer and applause. He attempts to fan his hands to encourage everyone to settle in. It takes a bit longer than intended, and he seems slightly frustrated. He clears his throat. "Yes. Well. I am Master Eoffram Troyas, keeper of coin, and elected official of this fine town. Here with me are my fellow Lords. Our Warden, Harrik Orrena, Master of Relations, Karlov Kaal, and Overseer of the Rivers, Errich Haskins. Together, we work to keep this great populous safe. But it appears, as of yesterday, we could certainly do better. You have our eternal gratitude!"

Dimers
2020-08-11, 11:16 PM
Dearie gives the crowd a cute little curtsy during the applause, then applies the same to Master Troyas when he says 'eternal gratitude'.

Ridai
2020-08-12, 07:56 AM
Ruvora really would have preferred more casual circumstances for meeting the people at large. One of the people on the far end already going through a spiel really doesn't help. If the elf doesn't pipe up soon, she is going to have someone guide her to the holding cells post-haste to get out of this. As is, she manages a nod, directed at no one in particular. And she even manages to have her frown not become as deep at the moment. And to keep her hand off of her hammer.

Zero Prime
2020-08-12, 03:22 PM

Valaera was not impressed by the pomp and circumstance, too much, for too little. However, she played along, "It was not for gratitude that we fought, but for the good people of Brindol," as she spoke she looked to her right, noting Ryuvora's hand hovering over the shaft of her massive hammer. She smirked, whispered, "It appears our Master of Coin is something of a warrior himself?" She mocked, "surely ravaging a roast boar or two, and guzzling down several bottles of wine every evening since his name day?"

WaffleLord
2020-08-12, 11:05 PM

Stepping forward to try and cut off his associates, the eladrin sweeps up with a bow, and using his best presentation projection, says "Our generous Lords, we thank you for your courteous gratitude! We humbly act in the service of fair Brindoll, much as you have done, to keep it safe and help it thrive. Hail, Warden Orrena! Your guards fought with courage and skill. Greetings, Master Kaal! The returned peace of your great town is very satisfying. Ahoy, Master Haskins! May your rivers plumb deep, run swift, and never flow over. And to you, Master Troyas, a generous introduction and finer honor have ne'er been received." He gives another slight but respectful bow. Gesturing to the party, "I present to you Valalera Thorindottir, Ruvora Sunhammer, and Dearie Hawthorn, each trained in different deadly arts that can break skulls as easily as their charms can break hearts. Our Master of the Mysterious, Zar, is tending arcane obligations elsewhere, as is required of one his esteemed station. I am Aeren Tatallaner," another slight bow,"your servant and speaker for the company. We are adventurers, thankful of the fates' placement to aid you in your defense. We are eager to assist in our own ways to find the reasons behind such an atrocious assault on your highly respected town. Perhaps, with your permission, we may speak to the prisoner your stalwart guards took custody of, to see what we may glean?" With a lowered tone directed at the Lords, he adds with a tilt of his head, "An assemblage such as ours can use methods that may be beneath the honor of your guards yet prove effective."

Ridai
2020-08-13, 09:05 AM
Ruvora's eye twitches with building rage at what pours out of Aeren, more and more, in endless bloated waves, squelching over the floor and into everyone's ears in its vile molassy ways, like a drawn-out muffled cry for salvation in the form of a swift hammer to break one's heart through a broken skull.

Buufreak
2020-08-13, 12:18 PM
Troyas winces a bit, almost as if he heard the remark. "Yes, well down to business, why you were called here today. These goblins, as you most likely can tell, have become an absolute nuisance. The simple guard post, as many as they are, are already having trouble keeping able bodies to the front line, between wound and capture. Simply, I want them gone. Completely. And I believe my fellow Lords agree that for the right coin, we wish to outsource this task. What say you?

WaffleLord
2020-08-14, 01:18 AM

A slight smile plays about Aeren's lips. "You have indeed come to the crux of what we are here for. We, too, wish to see this blight erased from your generous town. We shall endeavor to take care of this problem for you for a fair price and, of course, salvage rights, as stands the honorable tradition of our calling. To aid us in bringing this to a quick and satisfying end, we ask for any information of the history of your goblin relations, Master Kaal, some time with your prisoner, Master Orrena, the possibility of swift transport on your rivers, Master Haskins, and Master Troyas, you will be visited by our collector," he says with a nod to each Lord. "With these requests, our bargain is struck." Aeren clasps his hands above his head, touches his forehead, and moves them to his heart in gestures of promise.

Ridai
2020-08-15, 04:15 AM
Ruvora's nostrils flare with heavy breaths, and looking at her jaw, one can almost hear the teeth gnashing. Her party and the people around her get the distinct impression of a steaming kettle rising in volume.

Buufreak
2020-08-18, 10:22 AM
The Lords pause to look at each other, somewhat in shock and deep impression. Orenna stands, clearing his throat. He speaks with a low, gruff tone. "I didn't expect this to go so quickly. I must approve. You have the full support of my men and constables. We currently have a single goblin in holding, and we are priming him for any and all information.

As for what we already know: These goblins seem to be united under a banner known far too well to our people. They wave the Red Hand with pride, but to what master they serve, we do not know. It is our hopes that the interrogation will yield further, and perhaps better answers as to why they have returned and what they are after.

You are welcome to try to find anything out from him yourselves, but please return to us before you depart to anywhere outside the city. There are a few other things in need of discussing."

Ridai
2020-08-18, 11:11 AM
Just as she is about to reach her limit, the... whatever this is ends. Thus, she turns to whatever direction the jail is in, grabs Aeren by the back of his belt, and drags the elf to the prisoner without further ado.

WaffleLord
2020-08-18, 06:17 PM

"We thank you, generous Lords, for your wise and swift oooofffffff!" The wind leaves his eladrin lungs as he is yanked by his belt. He struggles to maintain decorum with an awkward bow as he rides his heels backwards under the power of a steaming dwarf.

Zero Prime
2020-08-19, 05:54 AM

Valaera laughed as Ruvora's growing frustration with the civilized double speak that was bantered back and forth between the bard and Brindol's ruling council. It quickly boiled over as the Aeren finished the negotiations, dragging the elf towards the stockades where the captured green-skin raider was being held. "So what's the goal here? Get the goblin to squeal on his tribe, find where they are massing and where their supplies are coming from?"

Ridai
2020-08-19, 08:07 AM
"Try being nice," Ruvora points to Aeren briefly as she keeps dragging the bard. "get the gobbo to lead us where we need to go, and hopefully he'll switch sides once we are there so he gets clobbered too. If that doesn't work, get to gobbo squealing."

Buufreak
2020-08-20, 11:55 AM
Lord Warden instructs a guard troop to escort your party to the barracks and gaol. As told, there is a lone goblin in chains and a chair. His wounds have been bandaged, but a fair number of burst tomatoes strewn about show that he probably hasn't been made the most comfortable, or treated as a guest.

He takes but a look at you and mouths off "I ain't sayin' nothing until you let me out of here!"

Ridai
2020-08-20, 02:50 PM
"Neat. Once you're out, you can lead us to your buddies and you're free to go." Ruvora says in return.

Buufreak
2020-08-20, 07:24 PM
"Yes, yes. Think little gobbie is dumb lead you right back home. HA!" he says with a spit. "Come back when you want something that actually happen."

Dimers
2020-08-21, 01:18 AM
Dearie steps up and slaps the goblin hard across the face. "I wanted that to happen," she says cheerily. "Let's explore what else I want to happen, yes? I don't often get encouraged to burn someone's eyelids off, but since you're so willing ..." As she walks behind the creature, she looks at her companions and mimes twirling a moustache like a melodrama villain.

Intimidate check to get him to be a bit more forthcoming and a bit less snarky? [roll0], or add 5 if a threat I wouldn't go through with would be considered a Bluff check. Huh, looks like Dearie isn't trained in Intimidate like I thought. Oh well.

Zero Prime
2020-08-21, 05:16 AM

Valaera shakes her head, proceeds to the goblin and kneels down beside them. "I don't think you understand your situation here," she nodded to the small window that showed the noonday sky. "Your friends, under the banner of this Red Hand, attacked the town, killed their guards, set their homes alight with pitch and fire. We just came from a meeting where they clamored for your blood, thinking goblin's are stupid and do not know the strength of tribe, of clan, of family." She shirked back her cloak, revealing the tattoos that circled her shoulders and biceps.

"I understand loyalty to a tribe, but let me tell you something Greenskin, you have a choice. You lead us to your tribe, convince them to leave Brindol be, if they choose to remain loyal to this banner, they attack. We kill the attackers, BUT, we leave you, we leave your goblin women, your goblin children alive, any that don't fight we spare. Including yourself. You take your women, your children, and those that turn away from this Hand, and make a living for yourselves. Mayhap help rebuild the damage you've done to this town, learn to live with the people of Brindol, and your tribe lives. If you remain silent, we have to assume all goblins are loyal to the Hand, and then you, along with your tribe, your future dies, and if your tribe dies, so do all your unborn kin, leaving you forgotten to your own people, to your gods."

She slowly draws her axe, running her thumb along the edge. "Your choice goblin, death for you and your tribe, or freedom, and a future."

Buufreak
2020-08-23, 10:54 PM
"Foolish Tallers. Thinking you understand Tribe and rulings. You don't know about Chief, or rememberings! Being free means only being able to grow the Tribe."

Your words thus far haven't seemed to be the most effective.

Ridai
2020-08-24, 07:00 AM
Watching Dearie try to go hard and Val try to reason and Zar and Aeren not doing much, it appears to be Ruvora's turn again. "So, we want something, you want something else. When there is an impasse, we dwarves got a simple way to see who gets their way. We drink." A beat. "You. Me. Lots of tankards. Whoever keels over first loses. If you win, you give this burg the laugh. If I win, you lead us to your kip." Arms crossed, Ruvora taps a finger on a thick, mailed upper arm while waiting for the answer.

WaffleLord
2020-08-25, 12:45 AM

Hearing the prisoner speak of 'Tribe rulings' and 'rememberings' shakes Aeren's fascination with the brutal tactics. He peels back through his memories for significant happenings among the goblin folk of the region.

History check - [roll0]

Buufreak
2020-08-27, 02:49 PM
You seem to remember bits of the lore behind the hand, what it stood for, how it was worn, and what general purpose it served. You are welcome to ask Morrik if any from your memory lines up with his story.

"Not so tall-ling thinks you can hold stomachs like Morrik? Me thinks even a babe gob could drink you under!"

Ridai
2020-08-27, 08:19 PM
"Sounds like a yes to me," Ruvora says, grinning.

Turn to the guards: "Get us two stools and a table in here. Doesn't need to be a big one, a large barrel would also do."

Turn to the group: "We're going to the ale temple. I'll carry the kegs, you carry the tankards!"

Turn to the exit: "Onwards!" Ruvora points and promptly marches out of the prison and towards then inn to retrieve two kegs of ale. It's for a good cause and the safety of the town, and the Lords will probably be happy to pay for them.

Dimers
2020-08-29, 09:38 AM
Bemused but accustomed to accepting things she doesn't understand, Dearie quickly changes to fit the situation. "To the alehouse!"

WaffleLord
2020-08-29, 12:25 PM

"I will keep our guest entertained will you bring in the libations." Turning to the goblin, "I heard you mention the fearsome hand. Is it true that..." Aeren uses what he remembers to paint an impressive picture to try and ingratiate himself with the goblin.

Diplomacy - [roll0]

Buufreak
2020-09-01, 12:54 PM
And so the party, sans Aeren and Zar, make their way back to the tavern in hopes of bringing back the set up of a drink off for the ages!

Aeren, you ask Morrik of his recounting of the origin of the Hand, seeing if it matches your memories. "The hand strong. It come from long lost line of Gobs, who led great war paths!" This much was true. "It handed down to old Gobs from goddess Maglubiyet!" This, however, was not.

Mablubiyet is the patron deity for most all goblinoids. Even a rare orc or two is known to pay homage after a well fought victory over goblins, as a sign of respect amongst warriors.

On further inspection, Morrik appears to be wearing the battle standard on his shirt, yes, but it is upside down.

Ridai
2020-09-01, 04:54 PM
Ruvora promptly announces her mission to the good innkeeper (or the lovely barmaid from before). "Hello there! I need two kegs of ale and some tankards! I need to drink a gobbo under the table, for the good of this burg. Doesn't need to be the good stuff, using that for a contest would be a crying shame." The dwarf practically radiates purpose.

Buufreak
2020-09-04, 12:20 PM
The young maid, still cleaning, seems a bit surprised to see you so quickly, and with such a request! "Uhm. Right. Tankards are just behind the bar. We keep the kegs downstairs. I assume you meant full keggars, right?"

Ridai
2020-09-05, 03:54 AM
"I sure do! You just tell me how much you want for each, and I'll take care of getting the council to cough up the jink." And without further ado, Ruvora goes downstairs with the maid to fetch some kegs for great justice.

WaffleLord
2020-09-07, 12:58 AM

"Ah, great Maglubiyet, may the Mighty One's eyes ever burn. The Hand must be strong to be one of Maglubiyet's favored. Surely the High Chieftan's battleaxe will grant the Hand victory, but why would a tribe of power and right bother with such weak humans?"

Diplomacy - [roll0]

Buufreak
2020-09-07, 06:04 PM
At the Gaol

Morrik seems mildly confused by this line of questioning. "But Sinruth doesn't swing axe. He prefers long chain of spikes and barbs. And Tribe does as told by leader!"

At the Antler and Thistle Tavern

The basement is your fair standard of what could be expected. Large wooden casks line one of the walls, likely filled with the various ales and meads. In front of those are many sizes of kegs, generally strewn about haphazardly, some full, some not. "Say you only need two then? Must not be much a drinker, this gob."

You notice that along another wall seems to be a bit of a memorial. There is an old, well time worn etching of a group of various races, a family banner and battle standard depicting a hammer and axe above a downward facing gauntlet, and wall mounted weapons: a large, two handed axe that seems well used and under serviced, and of all things, a blunderbuss.

Ridai
2020-09-08, 09:42 AM
Ruvora raises a finger. "Dwarven keg, not the adorable human keg for children's birthday parties," she clarifies, picking out two barrels of cheaper ale, the kind that is tolerable in taste and mainly gets humans hammered quicker. "I'll find out soon enough if the gobbo can hold his bub. What do I owe for these? And if I could get a name to remember the wonderful barmaid in front of me by, that would be most lovely." Chin motioning towards the barrels held akimbo during the question, her face doing its usual shining during the latter.

Dimers
2020-09-09, 08:23 AM
Dearie calls down the stairs, "Got the tankards. You need help down there?"

Rakaydos
2020-09-09, 07:46 PM
"What are you doing down there? some kind of victory celebration for surviving politics?" Zar growled down to Dearie, from upstairs.

Dimers
2020-09-10, 02:52 AM
"No, Ru thinks we can probably loosen the captive's tongue by getting him drunk. It's worth trying -- the goblin approved of the plan, though maybe he was just trying to get wasted, who knows. Anyway," she calls up to the second floor, "you wanna watch a dwarf show a goblin what's what?"

Ridai
2020-09-10, 04:56 PM
With the kegs secured, name to a lovely face learned, and the price of them known (promised to pay as soon as possible if it's a lot), Ruvora fearlessly leads the way back to the cell, slamming the two kegs down. And kicking the guards' rears into gear if they have not gotten any stools and a table (or something table-adjacent) ready.

Ruvora plops down on her seat. "Here we go! We both down a full tankard. Once both are done, we both empty the next one. Whoever keels over first, loses." And with that, the contest begins!

WaffleLord
2020-09-11, 02:21 AM

Finding himself straying down a mistaken path, lured by the old teachings of an errant wiki, Aeren feels great relief when the others return with drink. He casually steps to the side and leans against the wall to watch how it goes.

Dimers
2020-09-13, 02:32 AM
Ruvora and Morrik go to it like champions, each a master of the ale-battle ... but in the end, only one of them is a dwarf, and it's not Morrik. Dearie steps in when the goblin drifts off his stool, grimacing as she hoists him up by his armpits. "Okay, you. A deal's a deal. Time to lead us back to your home. You get two consolation prizes, Morrik. You got free drinks, and you get to get the hell out of this jail. C'mon, on your feet now, let's move."

[roll0]

Buufreak
2020-09-16, 05:51 PM
Morrik, quite stumbly at this point, tries his better to mutter a smart ass response. It fails miserably. He stumbles and fumbles a bit, makes his way to the corner of the room, and vomits violently. He's certainly had enough.

"Not so... URP... tall one has a way with drinking. Morrik will... will uphold agrees. Only... only problem is Morrik not see up from not up. Can tallers follow when Morrik see well?"

Ridai
2020-09-16, 07:06 PM
"Good ol' dwarven diplomacy. Never fails," Ruvora underlines, emptying the last bit of her tankard. "You get your lines straight, then you'll show us the way to your kip," she adds to Morrik as she rises, standing mostly solid. Mostly. She turns to Aeren, handing him a note. "My pretty, pretty boy, be your charming self and get compensation for the kegs from the lords."

The sum on the note just so happens to be a bit higher than the price given by the lovely barmaid for the kegs. A most unfortunate little error that, alas, most likely will not be caught.

WaffleLord
2020-09-17, 01:32 AM

With a good-natured bow, Aeren accepts the note. "Ever at your service." As he leaves the cell, he ruminates on the interrogation. "Hmmm. Decades of historical and oratorical study bested by decades of fermentation. Always new lessons." Smelling the rich aroma from the goblin's gastric contribution to the cell's decor, he corrects, "Much less than decades." He holds his breath as he strides for the Lord of the Treasury and fresher air.

Rakaydos
2020-09-17, 03:57 PM
Zar retired back to the room, to prepare for the next day's journey.

Buufreak
2020-09-22, 11:50 AM
The following morning comes, and as promised, Morrik is up, recovered, and ready to go. Albeit, shackled to Hells and back with a guard escort, but he stands ready at the North gate, just outside the bridge and market plaza of the city.

Ridai
2020-09-22, 03:57 PM
Ready for the journey, Ruvora arrives in good spirits, positively beaming.

"Hello there!" she greets well-audibly. "Oh, take those things off," is added towards the guard, pointing to the many, many chains and shackles.

Dimers
2020-09-23, 09:57 AM
Dearie arrives in fine health but still looking somewhat tense, with Zar not far behind. "Hi, Ruvora. You know, I'm surprised to find myself doing this, walking toward a group likely to enjoy killing me, instead of running away. But you don't seem even a little flustered. Do you know something I don't?"

Ridai
2020-09-23, 03:42 PM
"Nah. Figure I'll just go there and tumble to the dark of it. Besides, I've never marched into a gobbo stronghold before!" Ruvora answers with a big grin, the last bit delivered as if it were a very obvious reason for being in a great mood.

Buufreak
2020-09-23, 04:48 PM
"Aye, just following orders 's'all. The prisoner is due full confinement until surrendered into the custody of 'the great heroes of the city.' Little blown out, I say so myself, but can't argue the Warden."

WaffleLord
2020-09-23, 09:53 PM

The bard, whistling a jaunty march, meets the rest of the party at the gate. Spreading his morning cheer with the guard, and Morrik as well, he steadies his pack, sword, and wand, excited about whatever may come. A new journey, a new adventure, a new tale.

Rakaydos
2020-09-23, 11:01 PM
Dearie arrives in fine health but still looking somewhat tense, with Zar not far behind. "Hi, Ruvora. You know, I'm surprised to find myself doing this, walking toward a group likely to enjoy killing me, instead of running away. But you don't seem even a little flustered. Do you know something I don't?"

The giant robed figure had a sudden coughing fit, but waved away any offers of assistance. "Are we set to depart?"

Ridai
2020-09-24, 10:50 AM
"Are we set to depart?"

"I sure am! Onwards!" And without further ado... Ruvora has Morrik navigate them to their destination, while handing him a small flask. "Helps with the hangover. Pinch your nose while you drink it."

Buufreak
2020-09-26, 01:53 PM
Morrik kinda ***** his head to the side as he takes the flask. "Have you seen the size of me hands and nose?" But he gives it his best try anyway.

The road is long and potentially perpetually perilous. But with Morrik as a handy guide, showing where the tricks of the road are, pointing out all the less than evident signs of predatory creatures, and ultimately being a fair bit of friendly conversation, you make the long track towards Castle Rivenroar.

(Feel free to throw appropriate skill checks at that, or anything else you feel like doing).

WaffleLord
2020-09-27, 02:14 AM

Aeren takes note along the way of the different tales told by the goblin. "No sense in losing a decent plot because the main characters are out of fashion." He also listen for any clues the goblin may let slip about their goal and what they may expect there.

Insight - [roll0]

Ridai
2020-09-27, 07:22 AM
Ruvora merrily heads towards Fort Gobbo.

The plight of the Fighter: effing nothing in terms of skills.

Dimers
2020-09-28, 10:43 AM
During the hike, Dearie shows herself a little skittish, fading into cover at any sign of trouble. She hides well and moves quietly (not a hard feat for someone so light), and if anything were to actually happen along the way, her stealth might give the group an edge.

I'd like to be Hidden if trouble comes along. Stealth in humanoid form: [roll0]

Rakaydos
2020-09-28, 10:53 AM
Zar, meanwhile, keeps an eye out for the terrain, wildlife, and anything that might snag his robes. it would be embarassing if he was revealed by mischance.

[roll0] nature

Buufreak
2020-10-01, 04:46 PM
While wandering and trecking for what seems like hours, Morrik tells some folk tales of his people. The great Gob that ate every piece of magical gear he came across. The most feeble and cowardous Gob that somehow managed to survive through even the worst of disasters and battles. And finally, Sinruth, their fearless leader, one in a long line of leaders who, much like any new head of a tribe has done in the past, completely change the ideals and goals of the group. Sinruth seems hellbent on sticking it to the city of Brindol, for they were their greatest disgrace in the past. His only wish is to uphold the old values of the Red Hand, exalting the appropriate powers, and getting his due revenge, even at the cost of the entire tribe's lives.

And finally, after the long haul, you arrive at Rivenroar. Or, really, what is left of it. The high peaks, towers, and walls one would expect of an actual castle have all degraded and eroded into not much more than piles of rocks. And not particularly evenly shaped or sized rocks, at that. Morrik leads you in through what must have once been a courtyard of some sort, passed a battered and dismantled wooden gate that now had many small blades and arrows stuck to it, and finally to what seems to be the only part of this entire place that is remotely kept: stairs. The mouth isn't very wide, perhaps 10 feet wide and at its best points likewise 10 feet of head clearance. Not much a problem for Goblins, and lucky for the party that none stand any taller than Zar, though he may wish to duck at places throughout the keep.

Morrik merely grins and waves to beckon the party. "Come, come! Yes! This way to secret Gob lair, with many secret Gobs left still to bring destruction!" He pauses for a moment. "Err. To no long bring destruction, cuz taller friends stop them!" He doesn't sound the most absolutely convincing, or even convinced that his new companions will stop them all, but he tries.

Ridai
2020-10-01, 05:38 PM
Ruvora, at the front of the group, answers Morrik's explanations with a ferocious thumbs up. "You got it, basher!"

And she merrily follows with craghammer and shield in hands, a skip in her step, and warsong in her heart. She already enjoyed the many tales she heard along the way, some first-hand experience is called for right now.

WaffleLord
2020-10-02, 01:44 AM

After committing as much to his practiced memory as he can the strange stories of the variety of Gobs and of Sinruth, Aeren looks about him at the ruins of Rivenroar disappointedly. While change must come to all things, the bard always feels a touch of sorrow that creative architecture must suffer in the name of violence. As they move towards the stairs, he loosens his sword in its scabbard and draws his wand. "Secret gobs. Not if they are as loud as this fellow," he thinks.

Buufreak
2020-10-04, 10:19 PM
Morrik attempts to protest the forward march down into the catacombs. "Wait. Uhh... Does talls not worried? There still many not dead Gobs to be found!"

Dimers
2020-10-05, 05:49 AM
"That's what we're here for," Dearie says, her voice combining reason and anxiety. "But come to think of it ..." She takes a deep breath and in a brief moment transforms into a rat, her gear disappearing into her form. Then she squeaks and faces forward.

Ridai
2020-10-05, 06:53 AM
"Well squeaked, Dearie!" Ruvora commends, continuing onwards. Today she learned that Dearie is sometimes in a ratsy mood, so that adds to the experience.

WaffleLord
2020-10-11, 12:15 PM

Stepping to the edge of the stairs, the bard peers down (up?) to see what might await them. When he is sure he has seen all there is to see, he ventures inside at a cautious pace. "And so, our tale beings..."

A quick perception check before venturing onward - [roll0]

Buufreak
2020-10-29, 11:16 AM
At the bottom of the run down stone stairs, an open room, and well lit! Roughly 50ft wide, and 25ft deep, with a pair of seemingly magically suspended braziers that periodically throw a small bolt of flame back and forth as the move in a swinging pattern too and fro across the room.

And then a curious happenstance. Valaera seeming comes to an awkward halt, mid gait. Seemingly petrified for what feels like minutes, she suddenly disappears. And then, perhaps curiouser, each of you have a strange visual illusion. Or perhaps hallucination? It is a form of text, in your own native tongues, that simply reads "Searching for Party Member..." After a moment or three, it changes to "Member Found!" And appears Nymphaea.

Ridai
2020-10-29, 11:36 AM
"Huh," is heard from Ruvora. "Val must be needed elsewhere. But Lady Haela sent us a new friend! Hello there! I'm Ruvora Sunhammer. We are currently going into this gobbo fortress and seeing how it goes!" She grins, as she is wont to do.

Snowbluff
2020-10-29, 12:45 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea
Nymphaea Caerulea (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2322523), Hamadryad Paladin|Warlock
Init +0 HP /27 Bloodied 13 Healing Surge 6 ( used /10)
AC 20 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 16 Speed 5
Str 8 (-1) Con 14 (+2) Dex 10 (0) Int 14 (+2) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 19 (+4)

Sitting on the ground is a woman with neck-length and wild green hair and flawless olive skin. Her eyes and lips are naturally dark. Her head is adorned with leaves and living twigs. She wears a suit of armor with patterns on it that mimic her body and nature. It is covered with leaves over parts of the shoulders, as well as on the waist cape. She's cross-legged, with her hands on her knees and her eyes closed in meditation. The words Ruvora stir her, and she opens her eyes and slowly turns them towards them to party, examining them. When she sees Aeran, a corner of her mouth twitches ephemerally into a half smile, but this soon fades as many people have in the eyes of the Dryad.

Nymphaea slowly stands up and elects to properly introduce herself. "Salutations. I am Nymphaea Caerulea, Dryad of no particular forest," she says with a curtsy. "The stars have whispered to me, and implored that I arrive here. However, I am unsure what a 'gobbo' is. Is this a parlance of recent invention?"

Rakaydos
2020-10-29, 01:12 PM
"The local Goblin tribes have been particularly vexing as late." growled a particularly large and imposing robed figure. "We set off to resolve this matter to the local township's satisfaction."

Ridai
2020-10-29, 02:22 PM
Oh. Oh my. By Haela's mighty biceps, that is a pretty, pretty lady indeed. Losing Val's disembowelingly muscular beauty stings, but there is always hope that Nymphaea is similarly adept at gutting foes.

Zar perfectly covers the moment of drinking in the hopefully deadly beauty, Ruvora pointing her huge craghammer towards him with a confirming nod. "Exactly what Zar said. Zar's our most excellent mage friend. There's also Aeren, our most canny bard," Aeren is gestured towards with her well-worn shield. "and there's also..."

Ruvora looks around, searching for a moment, before going "ah" and pointing her craghammer to the close-by rat, hoping no other rat has snuck around them in the meantime. "There's also the adorably named Dearie, who does a wonderful job at opening the gates of battle on fools with just her hands and feet and putting 'em right in the dead-book. And I guess with her ratsy teeth at the moment, too." Introductions accomplished! The grin remains plastered on the warrior dwarf's face framed by a red mane of hair, dressed in rugged mail and sturdy clothes and boots that have seen many miles.

Dimers
2020-10-30, 04:02 AM
Dearie resumes her more familiar shape, blushing somewhat. As a human she seems charming enough, but her plain traveler's outfit isn't doing her any favors. She curtsies back to the dryad and adds, "That goblin is Morrik. He's with us as sort of a guide, unless he decides to join his tribe in attacking us." Dearie gives Morrik a look. Then she goes to carefully investigate the magic floating braziers. "I wonder if these can be moved ... I could use more shadows here to hide in."

Ridai
2020-10-30, 06:46 AM
Ruvora heads into the room as well, looking at the braziers. "Those must be decorations, right? There's too much of a gap and fancy bits to be defenses."

Snowbluff
2020-10-30, 12:34 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea
Nymphaea Caerulea (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2322523), Hamadryad Paladin|Warlock
Init +0 HP 27/27 Bloodied 13 Healing Surge 6 ( used 0/10)

Nymphaea's expression remains placid as Zar explains the gobbos and Ruvora introduces the party. She doesn't seem to notice the stares, or if she does, she does not protest. "Fascinating," she says, as her eyes slides towards Dearie. A finger taps against the dryad's lips as she ponder aloud. ". This one has seen many strange creature over many seasons. But among them there have been few that possess this sort of ability. Pray tell, Miss Dearie, are you cursed... or blessed?"

"If the braziers do not bar our way, I will wonder what will intercept us in the near future. I will follow your lead." She falls in line behind Ruvora.

Dimers
2020-10-30, 08:22 PM
Dearie laughs. "Oh, cursed, definitely, but we can talk about my mother-in-law some other time."

Ridai
2020-10-31, 02:46 PM
"Hey Morrik! Where to to meet yer buddies?" Ruvora asks. He will likely guide them right into the thickest concentration of gobbos, and that sounds pretty alright! "No hard feelings if you wanna fight on their side there!"

Snowbluff
2020-10-31, 04:22 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea

Nymphaea slowly blinks at Dearie's statement, while turning her head to look away. It's a simple albeit odd gesture to appear non-confrontational. "I am unsure what is meant by, but I will wish you good health."

She faces towards the room, and taps her lips again. "If there are no objections and no information condusive to ascertaining a more suitable direction, I will elect that we march to the chamber to our left. Do be mindful of the fire. As slow and ieffectual as it seems, I do believe it would be wasteful to injure ourselves with it."

Buufreak
2020-11-01, 07:27 PM
Morrik stammers. He was half heartedly hoping that his part in this was done and he could make for the stairs and start a new life as a... what was it called... "siterzen?"

"Uh... Gobs are... well... many place. Go down there to not Gobs, but bigger than Gob scaley things. Then over there is glowy dead room and fountain. And then there be Gobs. Probably whole Tribe. Tallers sure we can't return to safe city?"

In order, he points ahead (North), to the right (East), and then left (west).

Ridai
2020-11-01, 07:35 PM
"Morrik, you did your part. If you want ta go back to the burg, go right ahead. We still got folk to meet," Ruvora answers with an encouraging nod, telling Morrik he is really, actually free to go, then she heads left.

Dimers
2020-11-02, 06:06 AM
"Wait -- let me scoot ahead a little before we rush in," Dearie interjects. She opens the left door a smidgen, shrinks down again into her rat shape and scuttles through.

A few active Perception checks as I move along: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]. If one of those is good enough to beat my own initial Stealth check ([roll3]), then I figure I'm not being stealthy enough and will try again ([roll4]). I expect goblins to be able to see fine in dim light, so I want to use cover instead of darkness to stay hidden. Another advantage of being Tiny, there -- you can hide behind a wider variety of objects.

Rakaydos
2020-11-04, 09:03 PM
Zar waited in the back, slouching foward in the relatively low celeings, his disguise pulling in ways that Deiry may not have entirely allowd for. Fortunately the dimness helped conceal any features that may have been exposed.

WaffleLord
2020-11-09, 03:39 AM

Slowly returning to the real world from his daydreams, Aeren acknowledges and introduces himself to the newcomer, though still uncertain he is not still dreaming. "An armored hamadryad. Fascinating." With sword and wand drawn, he walks into the room with the others, following Ruvora left.

Dimers
2020-11-09, 04:18 PM
Dearie returns from her brief trip and reshapes so she can speak instead of squeak. "There's a room right away with lots of flimsy-looking lads and lasses, a couple missile-flingers in the back, and one guy I'd peg as the leader -- just because he's a full head taller than the rest and has sneer lines on his face. Let's go get 'em." She stands away from the door to let the ever-eager Ruvora through first, following quickly behind.

Ridai
2020-11-09, 07:21 PM
Not missing a beat, Ruvora is already kicking down the door, barging straight into the room with hammer and shield in hand.

"Oy bashers, grin 'ose mustard chompers! Tha ride's comin' ta yer kip!" she announces at resounding volume, beelining it straight to the gobbos.

Snowbluff
2020-11-09, 10:31 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea

Nymphaea curtsies again when Aeran recognizes her presence, before drawing her blade and readying herself for battle. "I will provide you succor in the coming battle," she says softly. There is a hint of sadness in her words as she stares far past the charging Ruvora.

[roll0]

Rakaydos
2020-11-09, 10:47 PM
[roll0] inititive

The tall robed figure followed, bandaged hands beginning some preliminary spellwork.

Buufreak
2020-11-10, 01:18 PM
And with the boisterous yelling, combat was afoot!

Just an official post to call combat. Waiting for the last init roll and then we are starting off! Don't forget, we are using group initiatives, to help speed things up, as well as using the combat tracker in my sig to follow along for spacing, range, and such. If you create an AOE, don't forget to mark it on the terrain key on the right side.

Buufreak
2020-11-12, 07:59 PM
It appears the long drill running of the various gobs had them prepared for potential siege. A few immediately spring into action!

The first of the Hobgoblins rushes forward, as an arrow sails past his shoulder.

WOO, combat!
Gob 2 fires at the nearest target (Nymphaea), [roll0] vs AC, on hit [roll1]

Hob 1 charges forward to attempt making a line, swiping at Ruvora with his mace, [roll2] vs AC, on hit 5 damage (no roll).

Initiative turns to Dearie and Zar, the best of buds!

Rakaydos
2020-11-12, 08:25 PM
With hostile attempt demonstrated, Zar let his magic fly- not a direct attack on the hob or his combanions, but a raging lightning pillar zapping at anything that moves near, to deny the enemy the ability to use their numbers. He could protect his allies from it easilly, but the goblins would recieve no such courtesy.

Storm pillar. d6+3 auto damage on any enemy who moves into a square adjacent to the pillar.

Dimers
2020-11-12, 08:38 PM
Familiar with Zar's magic, Dearie "braves the storm", standing right next to the crackling mass. And she unleashes a storm of her own -- a small storm of shadowy images that beckon the less foolhardy goblins forward.

Move action: five storms move technique to shift 2 north.

Standard action: fascinating shadows targeting Hob3 and HobS. A hit pulls 2 into pillar territory and deals [roll0] psychic.
Hob3: [roll1] vs Will, pillar damage [roll2]
HobS: [roll3] vs Will, pillar damage [roll4]

EDIT: Since I missed HobS but felled a creature, I'll use cloud sight on HobS to penalize its attacks against me.

EDIT EDIT:And since I'm a monk, I'll flurry on Hob1, derp.

One of them, weak of will, succumbs to the illusion and steps forward into electric death. The shadows continue to plague the tougher-looking hobgoblin, preventing it from seeing Dearie almost at all. With a low laugh, Dearie casually swipes her rod sideways, burning the foe who came forward first.

Buufreak
2020-11-13, 11:59 AM
Mister Soldier Man doesn't take kindly to psychic lasers shooting through a lightning storm!

Hobs is gonna move straight through and engage Dearie. [roll0]
Moves to F9, swings his flail, [roll1] vs AC, hits for [roll2], Marks and Slows.

Ridai
2020-11-13, 12:22 PM
HP 31/31 (3 THP), Surges 12/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative 20
Conditions -

Ruvora, true to her good ol' self, charges straight into the storm pillar and all its cloudy, zappy goodness, swinging her craghammer. Now, see, she has a pretty good idea where people are, but there is an awful lot of clouding and zapping going on, and Ruvora promptly hits a whole lot of nothing. Though her hammer does crackle a little. Nevertheless, she is feeling pumped for the fight. Lots of walking recently, and it's time to spend more whacking gobby gobs.

Move from H11 to G8

Standard Hack and Hew. Both targets are maked until the end of Ruvora's next turn.
[roll0] vs HobS' AC
Hit: [roll1] damage. Ruvora gains 6 THP (Invigorating keyword).

[roll2] vs Hob 2's AC
Hit: [roll3] damage. Ruvora gains 6 THP if she didn't hit with the first attack.

If both attacks miss, Ru gains 3 THP due to the Invigorating keyword on the power.

Buufreak
2020-11-14, 01:49 PM
Seeing the dangers of the pillar of lightning, Hob 2 falls back to a more defensive position, allowing Gob 1 to fire freely.

Hob 2 moves, Gob 1 shoots at Ruvora
[roll0] vs AC, hits for [roll1]

Aeren assesses the situation, and seeing as no damage has been suffered, he will push the line with Staggering Note!

Ranged attack against Hobs, [roll2] vs Will, 4 damage on a hit, pushes back through the pillar [roll3] lightning damage, and Dearie will get a melee basic before the push, should it push.

Hobs 4 will also fall back, forming a phalanx with Hob 2, as they both ready attacks should anything approach.

Snowbluff
2020-11-14, 01:59 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea

Nymphaea moves up and makes a clawing motion at a hobgoblin!

Eyebite versus Hob 4
[roll0] Versus Will
[roll1] Psychic Damage

Mark Hob 4 with Divine Challenge

Buufreak
2020-11-14, 05:45 PM
It appears the goblin has favorable position, so firing he will go!

[roll0] vs AC against Ruvora, hit for [roll1]

Rakaydos
2020-11-14, 06:27 PM
A nother burst of magic, and Zar called upon a freezing gust, sweeping across the unengaged hobgoblins.

Icy terrain:
-vs hob 2: [roll0] vs reflex, [roll1] cold damage.
-vs hob 4: [roll2] vs reflex, [roll3] cold damage.

Dimers
2020-11-14, 07:17 PM
Without giving up a hint of her intent, Dearie dashes away from the taller hobgoblin, too quick and sudden to strike at. She rushes to one of the archers, swinging her rod like the hilt of a deadly sword.

Move action: open the gate of battle move technique, leaving HobS without provoking so as to zip north to Gob1.

Standard action: unsurprisingly, open the gate of battle. [roll0] vs Gob1's Reflex for [roll1] damage including flurry of blows.

The little creature is much too agile to simply stand and take the magical blow, though, and Dearie cuts only the air.

Buufreak
2020-11-15, 12:25 PM
Hobs will move up and attempt to body block for the other goblin. He tries to make himself two man wide, shield and flail in hand.

Hobs shifts 1 square up, avoiding OAs, and swings with the flail.

[roll0] vs AC, hits for [roll1], marks and slows.

Ridai
2020-11-15, 12:57 PM
HP 17/31 (3 THP), Surges 11/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative 20
Defenses AC 18 (+2), F 17 (+2), R 14 (+2), W 13 (+2), Second Wind used
Conditions second wind (+2 all defenses until Ru's SoNT)

Lots of chaos. Ruvora getting hit with another arrow. And getting whacked by the big hob. And the damn thing is slippery! Her swing misses as he tries to slip some repositioning by her, and then she misses again! This is really starting to annoy the dwarf.

Minor Second wind, healing 7 HP, gaining +2 defenses until the start of Ruvora's next turn

Standard Crushing Surge on Hobs, marking
[roll0] vs Hobs' AC
Hit: [roll1] damage. Gain 6 THP.
Miss: Gain 3 THP.

If attack hit:
Minor Sohei Flurry on Hobs
[roll2] vs Hobs' AC
Hit: [roll3] damage.

Buufreak
2020-11-15, 05:30 PM
Sir Goblinoid the first will hold his ground, ****, and fire. Today's target of choice is, you guessed it, Nymphaea.

[roll0] vs AC, hits for [roll1] damage.

Snowbluff
2020-11-15, 05:53 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea
Init +0 HP 22/27 Bloodied 13 Healing Surge 6 ( used 0/10)

Nymphaea moves up and makes a clawing motion at Hobs, and beckons to him with mysterious fae magicks.

Eyebite versus Hob 4
[roll0]Versus Will
[roll1] Psychic Damage

Divine Challenge on Hobs

Buufreak
2020-11-16, 06:03 PM
... Autosim for Aeren until I hear back from our chap!

Alright, step 1, healy magic with Majestic Word. Ru gets surge +4, and 4 temp hp.

Burning encounter of Blunder! Aiming at Gob 2
[roll0] vs WILL, Hits for [roll1], and will slide him 3, moving him close enough for Ru to take the free MBA granted by the power. Add +4 to your roll!

Buufreak
2020-11-16, 06:04 PM
Cool. Great. Gob 2 is totally fine. Round 3 it is then. Shooting at magic man in the back.

[roll0] Vs Aeren's AC, hits for [roll1]

Dimers
2020-11-16, 07:48 PM
Dearie swings her rod downward in both hands, and it trails a barely-visible wake of dark energy that crashes down on her foe.

Dragon's tail on Gob1, [roll0] to hit Fortitude. A hit deals [roll1] (plus 5 fire for flurry) and knocks prone.

The goblin falls with a cry, as if struck by a physical fist. A big one. And the young woman adds injury to injury, lashing out along the ground with another small gout of flame.

Rakaydos
2020-11-16, 10:28 PM
As the ice faded as quickly as it appeared, the robed wizard stepped foward into the room, and arcane words and gestures invokes sudden gusts of winds, battering a gob and hob, and flaring the barzier in the corner to unnatural brightness.

Howling wall on Gob2 and HobS (6 squares apart)
-gob2: [roll0] vs Fort, on hit, slow and push south 2 squares
-HobS: [roll1] vs Fort, on hit, slow and push southwest 2 squares (save or fall into nonmagic fire)

Buufreak
2020-11-17, 02:59 PM
Compelled by the divine force, Hobs ignores his trade of blows with Ruvora and makes a mad dash for Nymphaea.

Alright, So this is definitely going to pull an OA from Ru. Can't remember off the top of my head what Zar has for melee, but give it a go!

So shift, charge Nym with flail.

[roll0] vs AC (includes +1 for charge), hits for [roll1] damage, marks and slows.

Ridai
2020-11-17, 03:16 PM
HP 28/31 (4 THP), Surges 10/12 (7), AP 1, Initiative 20
Defenses AC 18 (+2), F 17 (+2), R 14 (+2), W 13 (+2), Second Wind used
Conditions -

What is happening?! Getting entirely ignored, constantly missing with her trusty craghammer, getting consolation songs by the pretty elf boy, like she is some sorry lass on the fair ground trying and failing to look tough. The damn hob just running past her and her missing with yet another swing seals it. Ruvora is pissed. Stomping right after the creature, since it is so fixated on the dryad, Ruvora throws any and all caution entirely to the wind and winds up for the biggest swing she can, before her hammer, finally, finally, connects with a satisfying crunch. If Haela is watching from somewhere, maybe she will be a little proud, in between the cackling fits.

Move Shift from G8 to H8

Standard Brash Strike on Hobs. Bonus damage due to having THP.
[roll0] vs Hobs' AC (includes CA)
Hit: [roll1] damage. Ruvora grants CA against Hobs until the start of her next turn.

Ridai
2020-11-17, 03:26 PM
Strike the iron while it is still hot!

And a miss.

"Oh, pike yer 'ole-" And the expletives flow.

Minor Sohei Flurry vs Hobs
[roll0] vs Hobs' AC (includes CA)
[roll1] damage

Buufreak
2020-11-17, 08:16 PM
Well, without much else to do, Gob1 will move to stand, pull out his small pointy object, and take a jab at Dearie.

[roll0] vs AC with short sword, hits for [roll1] damage

WaffleLord
2020-11-17, 09:34 PM

Watching the action unfold, Aeren decides to move for better leverage. Shifting south, he lines up his shot and sends a whistle as sharp as a dart towards the hobgoblin. The soldier takes a thump with the boom but slides too quickly past Ruvora.

Move: shift to H11
Standard:Staggering Note vs Hobs
Standard Ranged 10

vs Hobs Will - [roll0] for 4 thunder damage and push 2 squares to I7, Ruvora gets MBA before push.
R MBA vs AC - [roll1] for [roll2] damage. (Flanking with Nymphaea) EDIT: Ooops added the flank to the damage, instead of attack.
Still a miss unless I'm missing another bonus somewhere. Phooey.

Snowbluff
2020-11-17, 09:41 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea

Nymphaea points at Hobs's eyes! She orders them destroyed!

Curse Hobs

Eyebite versus Hob 4
[roll0]Versus Will
[roll1]+4 Psychic Damage

Divine Challenge on Hobs

Buufreak
2020-11-18, 01:56 PM
Goblins taking damage?! We can't have that! More arrows!

Its actually just 1 arrow. Coming at Zar, as Gob 2 would have minimal aggro on anyone else currently.

[roll0] vs AC, hits for [roll1] damage with absolutely no rider effects. Just the most important debuff in the game: pain.

Rakaydos
2020-11-18, 02:04 PM
Zar let out an inhuman snarl, as he called up more wind, seeking to burn the goblin alive in the brazier.

Howling wall: [roll0] vs Fort, slow, save or fall in the firepit.

Dimers
2020-11-18, 02:57 PM
Ignoring the shouting behind her, Dearie keeps up her assault on the hapless goblin she has cornered.

That'd be another dragon's tail, plus flurry if it connects. [roll0] vs Fortitude, damage [roll1] (including flurry) and knocks prone.

If the goblin provokes an OA from me with movement or a ranged attack:
[roll2] vs AC for [roll3] damage

Buufreak
2020-11-21, 02:10 PM
The Hobgoblin seems utterly perplexed; compelled and driven to attack a something that simply isn't there. He lashes out, swinging at the nearest thing (Sorry Ru).

Assuming he is immediately punished for not swinging at Nym. Correct me on numbers in chat.

[roll0] vs AC, on a hit [roll1] mark and slow.

Also now counting the fire on the little gob. Wait. No. Rak already got it. Moving on!

Ridai
2020-11-21, 05:03 PM
HP 25/31, HS 10/12 (7), AP 1, Ini 20
AC 18, F 17, R 14, W 13, Second Wind used
Conditions -

And in response of getting hit yet again, Ruvora just misses yet again. Nothing makes sense anymore. Suddenly, she has become a scrub among scrubs, unable to fight even goblins. She is glad her family cannot see her right now, though she has no doubt her beloved goddess Haela sees the full extent of her shame.

Standard Brash Strike on Hobs. Marks Hobs.
[roll0] vs Hobs' AC
Hit: [roll1] damage. Ruvora gains 3 THP.
Effect: Ruvora grants CA to Hobs until the start of her next turn.

Buufreak
2020-11-22, 06:32 PM
My man Gob the first gonna keep up with the stabbing.

More stabbing in Dearie's general direction.

[roll0] vs AC, hits for [roll1] damage

Snowbluff
2020-11-23, 01:07 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea

The dryad stares at Hobs. Her beauty makes his heart skip a beat... and all subsequent ones. She then turns her attention to the nearest goblin.

Eyebite versus Hob 4
[roll0] Versus Will
[roll1] Psychic Damage

Challenge Gob2.

WaffleLord
2020-11-28, 03:28 AM

Stepping into the room closer to Zar, he gives empowered words of encouragement to Zar and throws a cutting jibe at Dearie's opponent.

Move Action:I7
Standard Action: Vicious Mockery vs Gob1 Will- for [roll]1d6+4] and target is -2 to attack until EoMNT (rerolled on https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24820585&postcount=24
Minor Action: Majestic Word on Zar - healing surge +4 + 4 THP

Buufreak
2020-11-29, 03:25 PM
Top of the key, its a new week, lets kill some gobs!

Gob 2 still gonna swipe away, not much else for him to go. Gob 2 is gonna run out of the fire, and take a pop shot.

So Zar keeps messing with this guy. I think he'd be tired of it.

[roll0] vs AC, hits for [roll1]

Ridai
2020-11-29, 04:00 PM
HP 25/31 (6 THP), HS 10/12 (7), AP 1, Ini 20
AC 18, F 17, R 14, W 13, Second Wind used
Conditions -

Not knowing what is going on anymore, Ruvora just marches through the room, aiming to clobber the gobbo to make herself feel better. And to her surprise, she actually connects, and she feels better! Haela has not left her yet!

Move from H8 to D7

Standard Crushing Surge on Gob 2, marks until the end of Ruvora's next turn
[roll0] vs Gob 2's AC Hits
Hit: [roll1] damage. Ruvora gains 6 THP.
Miss: Ruvora gains 3 THP.

Rakaydos
2020-11-29, 11:13 PM
Winds attempted to pluc Ruvora's prey away from her, to hurl the gobbo back into the flames.

Howling wall: [roll0] vs Fort

Dimers
2020-11-30, 03:01 AM
Still assaulting the goblin before her, Dearie switches tactics suddenly, throwing out jabs of fire instead of the crushing wave of dark energy.

Blistering Flourish, [roll0] vs Gob1's Reflex, hit deals [roll1] fire including flurry-of-blows and also increases melee damage EONT.

The goblin isn't looking too healthy after taking a flame lance to the torso!

Buufreak
2020-12-01, 06:32 PM
Well said goblin doesn't like said assault. Not in the slightest!

[roll0] vs AC, hit for [roll1] damage

Snowbluff
2020-12-01, 09:41 PM
Nymphaea Caerulea

Nymphaea aggressively approaches a goblin while casting arcane magics on him, but he steels his will and resists the fey magic!

Curse Gob1

Eyebite versus Gob1
[roll0] Versus Will
[roll1] Psychic Damage