PDA

View Full Version : Lootable Psionic Items under 25k gp useful for non-psionic characters?

Gavinfoxx
2020-07-03, 04:36 PM
Hi there, does anyone have any good suggestions for interesting psionic items that I can place in a Yuan-Ti temple, that the current tribal Yuan-Ti consider holy relics, those being the sorts of things that their ancestors who actually knew what they were doing and were civilized, made? Ideally, I'd want psionic things that cost under 25k, and typically don't require a manifester level over 14 to make, that would've been useful to the Yuan-Ti ancient civilization, and also will actually be useful, relevant treasure (at least somewhat) for a standard party?

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-07-03, 07:53 PM
Hi there, does anyone have any good suggestions for interesting psionic items that I can place in a Yuan-Ti temple, that the current tribal Yuan-Ti consider holy relics, those being the sorts of things that their ancestors who actually knew what they were doing and were civilized, made? Ideally, I'd want psionic things that cost under 25k, and typically don't require a manifester level over 14 to make, that would've been useful to the Yuan-Ti ancient civilization, and also will actually be useful, relevant treasure (at least somewhat) for a standard party?What's the campaign's magic/psionics transparency level? Party makeup? Allowed sources? Is it 3.5, PF, 3.P?

Check the 3rd eye lists. Also, psychoactive skin of ectoplasmic armor. Low level psionic weapons, armors, and shields. Psionic tattoos.

Not too much more that fits all the requirements as they stand.

[edit] Also, use the rules in the MIC for psionic versions of magic items? Refluff to taste. Lots of crystals and perhaps some illithid iconography?

TiaC
2020-07-04, 04:29 AM
Third eye (Sense) is pretty cool, because Clairvoyant Sense has no range limit. It just lets you see and hear anywhere you're familiar with or that is "obvious" with a pretty broad set of examples for that. It's a great espionage item.

Gloves of Object Reading are another great divination effect, they'll give you a ton of backstory on any item they're used on.

Dreamscarred Press has some interesting items in their pathfinder conversion of psionics that could be used in 3.5 without needing to adapt them. A Glove of the Beast (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/equipment/psionic-items/universal-items/#TOC-Gloves-of-the-Beast) gives a single claw attack, even the most expensive version is under your cap, but you might not want to go that high. A Map of the Mind (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/equipment/psionic-items/universal-items/#TOC-Map-of-the-Mind) gives a rebuild of skills and feats once a week. (If you use the PF version of the power it replicates, it also weakens you for a day when you rebuild.)