PDA

View Full Version : Scourge Aasimar vs Half-Orc

ChaseC311
2020-07-04, 09:23 PM
Im currently building a Half-Orc, Half-Aasimar hybrid artificer as a back up for a campaign im in. The build I have in mind for him is a fromtline tank. As an armorer, he has the ability to be a great candidate to soak up hits and lock down enemies. The problem is, I don't know which race to pull stats from for the armorer. Im planning on giving him the sentinel feat, and later on Im considering the heavy armor master feat. My stats are as follows

STR 14
DEX 13
CON 15
INT 17
WIS 8
CHA 12

As a Half-Orc, I'd have the following benefits and drawbacks
-+ Raises my Str to 16
^+ Good for Strength Saves
^- Not necessary for Armorers, they can ignore armor strength requirements for their power armor
+ Raises my Con to 16
+ Darkvision
-+ Proficiency in Intimidation, a skill not too fitting for the character idea I had in mind, but a free Proficiency nonetheless
++ Relentless Endurance
+ Savage Attacker

But as a Scourge Aasimar, I'd have the following pros and cons
-+ Raises my Cha to 14
^+ Good for a party face
^- Totally unnecessary for an Artificer
+ Raises my Con to 16
+ Darkvision
++ 2 Damage Resistances
+ Healing Hands, more of a support ability but it can be useful if I can afford to sacrifice my turns offense for defense
- Light Cantrip
^+Free Cantrip
^- Artificers can use magical tinkering for a flashlight if needed
^- 6/8 of the party members have Darkvision, and darkness has never proved an issue for the 2 outlying allies
+ Radiant Consumption

They're just about equal, but nonetheless im still conflicted. Any help would be greatly appreciated