PDA

View Full Version : Psicrowns and non psionic users

Silverhawk112
2020-07-04, 09:43 PM
I'm reading up on psicrowns because I'm thinking of making a psionic artificer. The wording on psicrowns confuses me and I want to know if non psionic users can use a psicrown, despite not having a manifest level. Thanks in advance for answers.

AceDragonKing
2020-07-04, 10:34 PM
You still need “Use psionic Device” much like how a rouge uses “use magic device” in order to utilize a wand.

Psyren
2020-07-04, 10:54 PM
I'm reading up on psicrowns because I'm thinking of making a psionic artificer. The wording on psicrowns confuses me and I want to know if non psionic users can use a psicrown, despite not having a manifest level. Thanks in advance for answers.

You need to be a manifester (with at least one of the powers in the psicrown on your power list.)

The relevant rules are here:

Activation

Psicrowns use the power trigger activation method, so manifesting a power from a psicrown is usually a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Power Trigger

This is the activation method for dorjes and psicrowns. It requires the special knowledge of power manifestation that a character of the appropriate class would know, and the formation of the appropriate command thought. If a power is on a character’s power list, the character knows how to use a power trigger item that stores that power.

Interestingly, Use Psionic Device itself only mentions letting you activate dorjes rather than also psicrowns. As they use the same activation method it should be all right to UPD both, but your table may vary.