PDA

View Full Version : teifling magus feat selection

techpriest35
2020-07-05, 12:22 AM
hey all i am looking for a 20th level tiefling magus feats for pathfinder.i am trying to make the most out of the magus ability to cast touch spells through the weapons that hit opponents.i am thinking some feats to increase chance of hitting some feats that help spells be more effective(not meta magic feats) and or some feats that let me get more attacks my teifling has a prehensile tail so i can wield a 1 handed weapon with my tail.as far as i can tell the magus gets 3 bonus feats and counts as a 10th level fighter for feats that require fighter levels.

techpriest35
2020-07-06, 03:20 AM
are the feats battlecaster offense from complete mage and battlecaster defense worth taking for a magus in pathfinder? the battle caster offense says "battlecaster offense(tactical)
you cunningly mix melee combat and spellcasting to increase the potency of both.
prerequisites:combat casting feat or warmage edge ability,base attack bonus +1,spellcraft 4 ranks
benefit:the battlecaster offense feat allows the use of two tactical maneuvers.
spell and sword:if you deal damage to a foe with a spell,you gain a +1 bonus on your first melee attack roll made against that foe in the next round
sword and spell:if you make a melee attack against a foe,you gain a +1 bonus to the save dc of the first spell you use against that foe in the next round. this bonus applies only against the foe or foes you attacked, not against any other creatures affected by the spell.
i know magus is a pathfinder class and that feat is from a book for dungeons and dragons 3.0 but i feel that the feat is already being done by class abilities for the magus that is why im unsure if it is worth grabbing that feat

the battle caster defense feat says "battlecaster defense(tactical)
you have mastered techniques for taking full advantage of spells in melee while remaining unharmed.
prerequisites:combat casting, bab+1, caster lvl 1st
benefit: the battlecaster defense feat allows the use of 3 tactical maneuvers while spellcasting in melee.
defense targeting:to use this maneuver,you must use the defensive casting option to cast a spell with a range of touch.if you successfully deliver the spell(that is,you succeed on the melee touch attack) on an enemy who threatens you while you cast it, you gain a +2 bonus on any touch attack you make against that enemy on your next turn.
practiced defense:when you successfully cast a spell defensively in 2 consecutive rounds, you gain a +10 bonus on any concentration check made to cast a spell defensively in the next round
safe retreat:when you successfully cast a spell defensively,your movement on your next turn doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity from any creatures that were threatening you when you cast defensively.(the movement still provokes attacks of opportunity from other creatures normally.)
this feat doesnt really seem necessary and i feel there is a better use for 2 feats
any one have thoughts that might help me choose

Kurald Galain
2020-07-06, 08:41 AM
hey all i am looking for a 20th level tiefling magus feats for pathfinder.
Here you go, Magus guide (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus&).

are the feats battlecaster offense from complete mage and battlecaster defense worth taking for a magus in pathfinder?
Not particularly. "When you succeed at X, you get a small bonus next turn" is pretty weaksauce as feats go. Weapon Focus and/or Spell Focus are better options, and still not great.

Psyren
2020-07-06, 09:55 AM
hey all i am looking for a 20th level tiefling magus feats for pathfinder.i am trying to make the most out of the magus ability to cast touch spells through the weapons that hit opponents.i am thinking some feats to increase chance of hitting some feats that help spells be more effective(not meta magic feats) and or some feats that let me get more attacks my teifling has a prehensile tail so i can wield a 1 handed weapon with my tail.as far as i can tell the magus gets 3 bonus feats and counts as a 10th level fighter for feats that require fighter levels.

You specifically can't wield a weapon with Prehensile Tail. Where it is useful however is with things like metamagic rods, wands, potions etc, allowing you to use a 1H weapon in one hand and keep your offhand free for Spell Combat.

techpriest35
2020-07-25, 10:04 AM
thx for the guide and the opinions on the feats i will check it out