PDA

View Full Version : [Epic Spell] Help me create: Censure

Lysander
2007-10-29, 12:59 AM
I have a spell in mind, I'd like some advice on what to apply for its cost and requirements:

CENSURE
Divination

This spell may be cast on a passage of text the equivalent of ten pages in length or more. It will erase the closest 1,000 recordings of this text on the caster's current plane, leaving pages blank, smoothing out carvings, garbling audio recordings (if applicable), and wiping memories blank. The target must be written text however, and is not erased blank by the spell. Censure can be cast multiple times on the same instance of text to delete more than 1,000 instances or have another chance at getting past will saves, or cast on different segments of text to destroy a work more than ten pages long. There is a will save to preserve your memory, and to save objects with the information that the owner is within 1000 feet of.

DracoDei
2007-10-29, 01:10 AM
If the original information isn't text, but you write down the information, can you then still censure it from people's minds?
Because I could see an epic level lich writing down the location of his phylactery , casting this spell on the writing, memorizing the information again (if (s)he had forgotten it) and then burning the paper until next week/month/year. Other such tricks could occur...

BisectedBrioche
2007-10-29, 01:14 AM
I think the phrase "recordings" would suggest that the OP means a similar or identical text which was produced from the one the caster has.

I could see a BBEG trying to track down the oldest copy of a certain book so that they can have the only copy.

GoC
2007-10-30, 11:07 AM
That sounds like a nasty copyright holder's wet dream...