PDA

View Full Version : Hombres campaign help

intregus
2020-07-05, 12:18 PM
Hey playgrounders.

I need help planning out a campiagn.

The idea is I want to introduce a new race. This race rejects all traditional technology and relies solely on organic things. Very similar to the zerg from,statecraft. So they would never use a metal sword of any kind but they create living weapons like a snake that can interlock special bones to become as hard as a clus or staff, or become a whipe etc.

Essentially I want to introduce the yuzhan vong from the old star wars canon into my world but need help with it. Also they will be cales the Vizj'ahng.

Anyway

The idea I currently have, which I am ok with changing, is that a meteor hit the world bringing with it a sect of warmongering Vizj who want to take oever the world and terra form it. Well here is where I get hung up, a meteor big enough to carry thousands of these things would destroy the planet. So should I just ignore that since this is all fiction anyway, or should I have it so the meteor hit hundreada or thousands of years ago and they've been hiding in the ocean depths to build their numbers since then and now is the time for them to attack.

Or is there maybe a different or better way to go about this in general?

Any thoughts would,be appreciated.

Mr_Fixler
2020-07-05, 12:39 PM
What about a giant ooze? Fits in line with the organic and repurposing organic material theme. New race hibernated in there and the ooze with its 1-2 Int has been conditioned to seek out specific planets to land on. Ooze splats on arrival and the bad guys come out.

Seems a bit silly but solves the meteor problem.

Sorinth
2020-07-05, 02:17 PM
A classic fantasy trope is that miners dig too deep and awaken a slumbering menace that rises up and attacks the surface world. Another classic is a portal to another plane/world is opened (On purpose or by accident) and now these creatures have swarmed through.

I guess the main question you should have is how can the threat be neutralized. Having a portal to another world provides a straightforward goal, close the portal and then finish off any survivors. Whereas a large number of creatures that are just there have a less clear goal unless there is some driving force. Since you mentioned Zerg, the goal might be to kill the Queen.

HappyDaze
2020-07-05, 03:07 PM
Any thoughts would,be appreciated.

I'm fine with the race, but I hate the name.

As for the arrival, what if they were radicals imprisoned on small celestial body that was cast away from their own world. Many, many generations later, this prison rock does a 'near miss' approach to your campaign world and the prisoners teleport/gate to it (somehow).

Composer99
2020-07-05, 03:09 PM
The meteor could hold a small scout force, which the PCs discover, setting up a foreboding for the future.

But there could be many such small scout groups, and among their objectives could be setting up a ritual to open up a gate or portal for a proper invasion force.

intregus
2020-07-05, 03:44 PM
Thanaks for all,the ideas.

I was also thinking may be there were two or 3 asteroids or maybe even make ot,like I 4e where the planes collided?

So you'll have the bad sect trying to take over the world and they have beaten the good sect down to the point of near defeat and so the goal would,be to stop the bad sect and supplant a new leader from the good one.