PDA

View Full Version : IWD II sorcerer 8/wizard 1

Mr White
2007-10-29, 03:50 AM
I'm playing Icewind dale II but I'm very new to roleplaying that's this close to real DnD.

I play with the pre-made party 'lady's lamentations' which has a drow sorceress with no wizard levels. I know that wizards can learn spells while sorcerers can't (instead they get more lower level spells). However, I've noticed that most, if not all, spells castable by sorcerers are also castable by wizards and vice versa. I have some decent to good scrolls in my position that I can use but not learn. At the moment I have to make a decision whether I sell them and buy some equipement or keep them for casting. I'm going to sell them unles I can find some way to cast them at least once per day.

So my question is:
Can I multiclass to sorcerer 8/wizard 1 so I could learn the spells (> level 1 spells) and cast them? It's probably not possible but it's worth a shot, right.

Dhavaer
2007-10-29, 03:59 AM
No, you have to be able to cast the spells as a wizard. Wizards are awful in Icewind Dale 2, anyway, because they don't get automatic spells as they level.

Mr White
2007-10-29, 04:20 AM
I suspected as much, but I could still hope.

I get the feeling (I've been reading the DnD part of this forum) that IWD II is a lot more balanced than than the real DnD due to less spells.

Thanks for the fast reply