PDA

View Full Version : The Lords of Sleeping Beauty IC

drack
2020-07-05, 11:47 PM
OOC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?615310-The-Lords-of-Sleeping-Beauty-OOC)
The summer sun shone over fields of golden wheat, a sort of vacant peace filling the air. It was hard to imagine that the capital was recently consumed by monstrous vines, that the kings knights were no longer paroling the kingdom, and that now a power vacuum existed, one big enough to pull even well matured kingdoms into a bloody war, let alone little settlements like yours. Only time will tell that will come of this.

Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/729881897802399834/039mappoliticalkey_zps9c8ceded.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/729892931581771837/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/729881900352667669/040numberedmap_zps1c393fdb.png

0 years and 0 seasons since the start of your reign.

ErebusVonMori
2020-07-06, 12:27 PM
Lord Vorhov would look around at his gathered troops, it had been frantic since the kingdom fell to that thrice-blasted prophecy, his own father lay bespelled in the former capital and lordship had been thrust upon him. He'd done his best, consolidating to a small thorpe on the northern edge of the kingdom, blessed with a mine and fairly defencible in his opinion, he'd ruled if not with an iron fist, then at least not with a soft one, levying heavy taxes upon the population. The Whispered One damn the fae who's curse had made such actions necessary.

This might have at first seemed drastic but Alexai knew people well enough, it was just a matter of time until those lords that remained fell to infighting and the pursuit of power, which led to today and the beginning of the great push into the unexplored North. With those troops he'd managed to pull together, small force of loyal scouts, he would search the wilderness for beasts and magic enough to build a great host, first to unite this fractured kingdom under a single, if bloodstained, banner, then to retake the capital itself.

He was under no illusions the campaign would be anything other than hideously bloody, but such was the burden of command he supposed, time would judge him, failure, butcher or titan, for now it mattered not. Just one thing mattered. He turned to his gathered troops and gave a single command:

"Onward."

Summer Event: [roll0]
Taxes (Heavy): [roll1]

Boy I'm glad I went heavy or I might have gone bankrupt on roll 1

Realm Actions:
Moving a unit north, with ruler attached, unit to search the Hex whilst hiding, Mine to be built in the capital

drack
2020-07-06, 01:01 PM
ere

The winding hills seem to give way to yet more winding hills, and scattered brush to yet more scattered brush, but as you advance your scouts report to you that they continue to encounter familiar landmarks of your kingdom.

Shadowflick
2020-07-06, 01:11 PM
Tap Tap Tap Tap

The Sounds of thousands of small, plated boots marching across the great caverns of what would be the Kobold's crusading Tunnels. Sticking deep beneath the earth, The Knights of the Small scale would be able to go wherever they were needed. Whether it be a cry for help in the darkness or a desperate princess in need of rescue, If they were there, they would not allow such suffering.

Holl0wood's Legacy, the First of these Crusades have set up a small camp that is already being taken apart for there next move. Kritin, there King Crusader now stands over a map of the land with his general, discussing just what there plans for the future may be.

"Before all else, We need to establish ourselves militarily. As well, we cant be blind down here. the More knights we have willing to delve into the caves before the ret of the crusade does, the more capable we are of growing. I will go with the first man at arms Regiment while we train up a new group of Crossbow Knights. May Chivalry be with you, always."

Event: [roll0]
Taxes: Heavy [roll1]
Total- 312
Regent: 165
Realm: 147

Military Actions:

Attaching Kritin to the Unit of Kobold Scouts to go explore the underground Tiles 59, 60, 49, 50, 51 for 48 RP from Realm Fund
Kobold Crossbow knights If mustered this Turn will scout the underground hexes of 59, 64, 68, 69, 66 for 48 RP

Regent Action:

Muster Troops- Kobold Crossbow Knight for 159 RP

Realm Actions: None

ErebusVonMori
2020-07-06, 02:02 PM
After the fifth landmark Alexai would call a stop to the march, calling up his head scout Olev, "We're being played for fools here." He says softly, "Some kind of illusion I'll wager, can you think of a way through?"

samduke
2020-07-06, 02:16 PM
Lady Xandri after marching with her people finally found a place to settle near a nice forest and local water, it was almost ideal.

Summer Event: [roll0]
Heavy Taxes: [roll1]

Hamste
2020-07-06, 03:09 PM
Alen leans back in his throne set up in the town hall of the thorpe. His father would never have expected this. Literally all nobles going down simultaneously was a massive boon. The king was a fool with his money, letting Rkanu. Not anymore, while the king sleeps, the infrastructure will grow and the town become profitable. When the king reawakens he would have no choice but to acknowledge Rkanu as city worthy of admiration rather than some small village to ignore and let the potential waste away from. First though, the people were rowdy and needed a firm hand to show them they were safe.

Season events [roll0]
Heavy Taxes [roll1]

Knowledge Politics to know the governments of everyone (Assuming I can't take 10. If I can I will)
ErebusVonMori [roll2]
samduke [roll3]
Shadowflick [roll4]
Buufreak [roll5]
neriractor [roll6]

Buufreak
2020-07-06, 04:24 PM
The sun was shining on another season. Cierenea sat not on a throne, but in the pews, waxing the lengths of Moradin and his great means of providing for the masses. It was a new day, and with the love and support of her people, she would find greatness, en masse.

But for the masses to remain happy, the nation needed to grow.

Total Resources: = 500 RP

Civilized, x1.25 = 625 RP

Taxes, Light: =20% RP/season
=125RP

Taxes, Moderate: =30% RP/season
=188RP

Taxes, Heavy: 40% RP/season
=250RP

Regent’s Income: = Moderate Taxes = 188RP

Governing Upkeep: = 0%
= 0 RP

Final Income: = Income – Governing Upkeep
= 188 RP
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Units, Buildings: = 1 Dwarven Search Squad

Upkeep: = 82 RP

Province Upkeep: = 1 Thorpe = 100RP

SURPLUS: = Total Resources – Taxes – Upkeep
= 625 – 188 - 182
= 255 RP

Convert 66800 gp: 334 RP
Personal Income: 188 + 344 = 522 RP
Nation Surplus : 255 RP

Season event : [roll0] (Nothing of note)

Regent actions: A public declaration:
"Be it by stone, fire, or divine justice, this world will be safe; land, sea, and sky!"

Realm actions: Build asset in Tile 69, Mine - 500 RP, 150 from nation, 350 from regent

Week 1 Military actions: Move Dwarven Search Squad into Tile 68 to explore and seek out hostiles. Then return home, and then explore Tile 65 - 12RP, cost 12/28 MP

Income: 522 - 12 - 350 = 160RP
Realm: 255 - 150 = 105RP

A public declaration, to any and all who will hear it:
"Be it by stone, fire, or divine justice, this world will be safe; land, sea, and sky!"

5ColouredWalker
2020-07-07, 09:11 AM
The past few weeks had been tough, gathering all the people he could, organising the training of a handfuls of hunstmen into a group of professional scouts with the help of the few scouts he could find, and making sure everyone had enough food.
And he almost failed, which was why he was busy speaking to the man who found himself the second richest in the... Thorpe, to be honest.
Because he had a inn set up already that accommodate travellers.

"Two days, and they'll be gone. Out of your hair, looking out for dangers and figuring out what we can scrape together. They won't be back for ages... Just, give them these two last days. I promise, no more quatering people here, you'll be free to get as many high paying drinkers as you want. Can you manage two days."
There was a deep breath.
"For you, M'lord. But you can consider us square for all the help you've given me once they're gone. And you're still picking up the tab."
"My man, if this works out, I'll see to getting it paid twice over."

Two days later, the scouts marched into the wild, ready to learn what the could of this new world.

Reagent: Annex hex 21 as standard. No other actions. [Scouts starting in there from Discord agreement.]
Realm: Bank 125 rp and 37.5gp

Pre-start: OOC Posts 13-15.

neriractor
2020-07-07, 12:53 PM
It had been the longest time since Tulaxcada left them in the murky swamp, the hoard split for tributes as the different families searched for new masters.

It had been long since the families that stayed had grown accostumed, hunting and corraling fish into kobold-made pools.

Longish since his family had tended a small shrine and got some recognition, the spare fish and coinage for the dragons who flew oh so far away.

And just a generation ago wit his father (wings guide him otherwere) they became more dragon like, long lived and sublime to the eyes of their kin, suddenly also beings of worship, beings worthy of a hoard.

And the families flocked just to be near them, and the paying of tribute became expected and proper, as was to become an outcast should you be found wanting.

Just a few weeks ago the young and rash were given crossbows and spears, just as an experiment, one Jexabeth looked at with gleaming eyes.

And just today he finished a sermon, retelling myths and peddling dreams that the crowd bought with gusto, then when he slept in his private horde he wondered about how slowly it grew and how he could help it grow faster, that day he grew a bit more and a bit less dragon-like.

Over the summer he gave back from the hoard and summoned idle kobolds to work and build, keen on showing Tulaxcada's aspects as progenitor and nurturer, most people that would grumble about the god's tribute being spent on infrastructure for a marketplace and the nearby fishermen were the Kind easily silenced by bribes or cleverly worded threats transmitted through the priesthood. At the end the people rejoiced for the new place to trade in, and Jexabeth slept happy, if less luxuriously in his still vast hoard, as he knew it would be bigger than ever if he kept up the good work.

turning 60000 into 300 RP straight away.

And doing the tax roll before picking actions (moderate):
[roll0]

Proper actions:
Paying for upkeep- Free
Realm actions:
Build improvement (fishing market)- standard.
Regent actions:
Bank income- Free

Summer seasonal roll (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24600561&postcount=18)

Hamste
2020-07-09, 03:32 PM
All the various thorpe leaders are sent a letter.

"Greetings, this is a general call for funds has been sent out. With the recent fire destroying most of our wood production for the season, we are looking for a loan to upgrade our infrastructure. It should be returned with the agreed interest next season once the wood is gathered for sale again. For those interested please contact us, we will need a total of [141.85 rp] and are willing to take loans of any amount in our goal to reach the required funds.
-Alen, Patrician of Rkanu
"

samduke
2020-07-09, 04:40 PM

"Greetings, this is a general call for funds has been sent out. With the recent fire destroying most of our wood production for the season, we are looking for a loan to upgrade our infrastructure. It should be returned with the agreed interest next season once the wood is gathered for sale again. For those interested please contact us, we will need a total of [141.85 rp] and are willing to take loans of any amount in our goal to reach the required funds.
"

Lady Xandri, having received a letter requesting aid, upon looking at status of the realm having weighed the risks and rewards. Retruns a letter to the honorable Alen, Patrician of Rkanu along with a small gift of 50 RP. Please accept this mutual aid package.

Buufreak
2020-07-09, 06:01 PM
In the third week of the season, the letter is received in the south of the kingdom, and replied to thusly:

To those wishing to seek temporary riches, the Great Stone Bank of the kingdom Voldifnorn humbly accepts your request. Please allow 4-6 weeks for a sum the equivalence of 100 RP, to be paid back in full come the open of the following season, at a standardized rate of 5 among 100 per season.

The caravan of heavy stone and gold began departure at once.

-50 from income, -50 from national surplus
Still holding 110 // 55

neriractor
2020-07-09, 07:30 PM

"

An oral reply was prepared, with a caravan of Kobolds lugging wood, food tools of work; with a trio of priests guiding them, the head of which spoke "Most revered Jexabeth, has seen your plight, how your people lack knowledge of their past and how to avoid offending the divine in the present. For now he grants you [100 RP] to be returned as soon as possible, with no further interest than allowing me and my fellow priests to stay and help with that first problem.

Should the Patrician accept: The trail of kobolds would follow along and aid where asked to, most left in a few weeks, after their job was done, with a few staying to support their clergy, the trio of priests would stay and preach what they knew of the world, living off the ilustrous Alen and of their crafts until enough faithful existed to support them.

Hamste
2020-07-09, 08:30 PM
To Lady Xandri: We thank you for your generous gift and are excited to start trade in the upcoming seasons.

To Voldifnorn: We gladly accept these conditions and your loan should be fully paid off by the end of the next season assuming no other unfortunate fires occur. We will keep you mind for future loans assuming you are willing.

To Tulaxcada: Of course your priests can stay. If any of the dragon gods particularly favor wealth even more than usual for dragonkind, they would be particularly successful here.

drack
2020-07-10, 02:35 PM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/729881897802399834/039mappoliticalkey_zps9c8ceded.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/731228779497914448/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/729881900352667669/040numberedmap_zps1c393fdb.png

0 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.

Kingdom of Charming
A Strange bird arrives, it looks to be in terrible agony, flying to the center of town before attempting to smash it's head on anything it can find, but the weirdest part about the whole ordeal is that it continues to repeat in the common tongue "Leave, leave now, you have one year to leave kaw kaw or you will be subsumed. Flee now, flee now kaw kaw." A villager managed to capture the bird and keep it alive for you, but the message sounds foreboding.

The Knights of the Small Scale

Official news came in from the frontward troop, the king was missing, possibly dead. It's hard to conclude what the curse was, but but it doesn't seem to be something that'll be resolved easily.

Rkanu

The arsonists have been captured and jailed. It seems to have been the work of a small activist group who disagree with your rule and calling for the dissolution of the government. It's no small number of your people, but fortunately still the minority overall. Your people wait to see how they'll be punished for this indiscretion.

Hamste
2020-07-10, 02:53 PM
Alen is sitting in front of his ledger contemplating. The logging mill was up and running which was good but a lot of the loans were becoming due and had to be returned. As long as nothing bad happened, it should be fine but in such infancy of their nation nothing could go wrong or they would be ruined. He also had to figure out the punishment for the arsonist. Execution was the obvious answer considering the danger they put everyone in but first he would have to look into what support they had among the public before deciding.

My seasonal roll [roll0]

Here is my bardic knowledge to see if there is anything notable about the arsonist [roll1]
As well as a knowledge politics check to try to figure out the political ramifications of various punishments as well as to see which groups might support arsonists or make martyrs [roll2]

samduke
2020-07-10, 03:11 PM
Lady Xandri having opened official trade agreements with her elven neighbor dispatched the first of many shipments to the elven nation. while improving her own realm.

Seasonal event [roll0]
Taxes Light: auto roll a 1 +19% for 20%

ErebusVonMori
2020-07-10, 03:56 PM
An entire season of failure... Alexai tried hard not to grind his teeth, it wasn't all bad, the mines were built and his small thorpe was growing slowly but surely even if the peasants all but bled under his taxes. Still it had to be done, especially with what he now knew, or at least suspected. And the others had to know too.

He hadn't trusted a scribe with the letters he was writing, identical copies to every surviving lord or would-be ruler he knew of, sealed and sent away by courier on horseback.

Dear [Insert Name],

I am Lord Alexai Vorhov, son of Lord Orzai Vorhov, I know we do not know each other well and that in these hard times trust is a rare commodity, but I write to you on a matter of utmost urgency. My holdings are situated at the edge of the kingdom and thus I presume myself to be the only man aware of the dire situation we find ourselves in. The realm appears severed from the outside world, a dozen times I sallied forth and each time a powerful illusion redirected me back to my own lands at the border.

I ask thee please, check this holds true at your nearest border, if there is an escape we must know of it. If not I would beg equipment and funds such that I may use to try and pierce this illusion.

Yours sincerely,
Lord Vorhov

Seasonal Event: [roll0]
Taxes: [roll1]
Annexing 2.

samduke
2020-07-10, 04:21 PM
Upon receiving a letter from a foreign dignitary from a far away kingdom, having read the letter. Lady Xandri of Xanadu dispatches a reply letter.

to the Honorable Lord Alexai Vorhov, My scouts have encountered the barrier spoken of but have not made any attempt to breach it as of this letter. When my scouts return next I will instruct them to attempt a barrier breach in a few locations. If successful I will correspond with you further on this matter.
Sincerely Lady Xandri of Xanadu

Hamste
2020-07-10, 06:32 PM
That thing has been there for generations. People just don't try to leave often and most forgot it. Additional information is available including the intended way to get through it if you are interested. Just ask and pay a fee equal to [10 rp] and we shall explain the rich history of the barrier and how it is intended to be passed through.
-From Alen of Rkanu

That thing has been there for generations. People just don't try to leave often and most forgot it. Additional information is available including the intended way to get through it if you are interested. Just ask and we will tell you, through more private means. Though we do ask, if we tell you that you don't tell the Kingdom of Beasts unless they pay you at least [10 rp]. They gave us a high interest loan last season, and we find the concept of getting the interest we paid back entertaining.

We were also wondering you would be interested in establishing trade between our thorpes. With how close the towns are, with both of us working towards a road could be built quickly and trade started immediately. Given your generous gift we will even pay the full cost of the road between our lands.
-From Alen of Rkanu

samduke
2020-07-10, 07:33 PM
to the honorable Alen, Patrician of Rkanu
RE:

We were also wondering you would be interested in establishing trade between our thorpes. With how close the towns are, with both of us working towards a road could be built quickly and trade started immediately. Given your generous gift we will even pay the full cost of the road between our lands.
-From Alen of Rkanu

Lady Xandri having opened official trade agreements with her elven neighbor dispatched the first of many shipments to the elven nation. while improving her own realm.

Shadowflick
2020-07-11, 08:52 PM
Quintessa sits upon the Throne of the camp. Propelled into leadership after Kritin of the Green scale declared he would try and see what was wrong with the THorny castle...but, the castel proved to be tricky, and The Green Scale was lost within it's Thorns. Now, Quintessa, his former squire has risen to become the Queen Crusader of the Knights of the Small Scale

"Sir Kritin, was a brave man. He sought to lead us into a world that would be free of the tyranny of beasts. Dragons. The Tyrants who would control our lives for ther own ends, send us to there deaths and defend our hordes from simple heroes! Tools to be disposed of when they found it useful. Kritin fought against that. A tiny creature hoping to make a change in the world. The Pebble that would be the firrst stone in the mountain. Now, I will be that next stone, and after I fall...one of you shall. We should not see this as a defeat no...he would not like that. This, is a beginning. To a brighter future, for all!" She raises her sword, and the Kobolds cheer.

Small Camp Output: 1250
Taxes: Heavy- [roll0]

Season Event: [roll1]

Small Camp will Move to: Hex 69 Underground

Realm Actions:
Create a Small Camp on Hex 68 for 100 RP (Full Season)

Regent Actions
Recruit more Troops = Kobold Crossbow Knights x 3 (471 RP)

Military Actions:
Move The Three New Kobold Crossbow Knights into Tiles 62, 53 ,63 (144 RP)

Buufreak
2020-07-12, 03:42 PM
Another fine day atop a mountain, give praise and thanks to the Lords on High. To Moradin, the founder of the mountain homes and patron of all Dwarves. To Abbathor, master of all that glitters gold. To Berranar, who keeps all her children safe in her bosom. And to Haela, who brings great fortune to us!

Voldifnorn
Features: Mine, +25% RP generation

Total Resources: = 625 RP

Civilized, x1.25 = 781 RP

Taxes, Light: =20% RP/season
=156RP

Taxes, Moderate: =30% RP/season
=234RP

Taxes, Heavy: 40% RP/season
=312RP

Regent’s Income: = Moderate Taxes = 234RP

Governing Upkeep: = 0%
= 0 RP

Final Income: = Income – Governing Upkeep
= 234 RP
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Units, Buildings: = Na

Upkeep: = 0 RP

Province Upkeep: = 1 Thorpe = 100RP

SURPLUS: = Total Resources – Taxes – Upkeep
= 781 – 234 - 100
= 447 RP

Previous balances:
Personal 110, +2% = 112
Nation 55, +2% = 56

Currents: Personal Income = 234 + 112
346 RP
National Surplus = 447 + 56
503 RP

Outstanding Debts: 105 RP, Rkanu

Seasonal Roll: [roll0] (Nothing of Note)

Actions: with the immediate realm explored, I annex the explored tiles. (Tile 68 and Tile 65)
For my nation, we begin upgrading to hamlet.

-330 from personal, -420 from nation.

Final totals (pending loan):

5ColouredWalker
2020-07-13, 10:48 AM
Autumn starts with a flurry of letters regarding the state of the world, for while the people led Rikkamper have not touched the edge of the world, Fortuna is leading them there generally to reach fertile plains despite the rumors of blight. Among the messages is a request for food and mapping supplies met by Alexai, and his people pick up to move.

However, as the first people start to leave, Fortuna moves to the edge of the fey woods, bringing what few ritual components and gifts he can scrounge. He rides 'Charmer' looking the symbol of a couragous noble in his finary, while behind him his guards ride looking far more concerned, and even his hounds look at him occasionally in concern.

A far less formal letter from Fortuna Rikkamper arrives, bearing his seal.

Thank you Alexai, it's great to hear that some men are still willing to help others without seeking to gouge. While we have had a rough start in these woods, I could not leave even the least of my people to fend for themselves, even if the woodsmen initially wished to stay despite the curse.

Unfortunately, events have conspired such that I won't be seeking the kingdoms borders immediately to confirm the extent of the curse, for I have a meeting with fey I must attend. With hope, my next letter will bear more news. Should the worst happen however a mayor who recognizes the debt and has sworn to repay it within a month of the winter equinox has been elected.

With fair regards.
Fortuna.

A human scout arrives at the borders of the burgoning Elven kingdom, bearing the seal of the Rikkamper. In it in flowery script is a greeting from Fortuna Rikkamper, stating that while scouts have aproached the borders he has no intention on entering the forests they've claimed, but that he does make intention of relocating human people to the nearby plains. One particular line stands out.

'It is my hope we can work together in this time of crises, and that no one feels need for man or elf to shed the other's blood while the kingdom is in disaray.'

Reagent Action: Recieve 50rp from Erebus.
Martial: Order scouts into hex 11. [Plains, finally], costing 48rp.
Reagent: Anex hex 11.
Reagent/Realm: Bank all RP.

samduke
2020-07-14, 07:22 AM
A letter to All of the other Lords & Ladies of the Realm with known locations.

My Lords and Ladies, the Xanadu Empire wishes to announce the arrival of good stock horses well suited for many things these animals are trained and available for purchase the first week of Winter If you are interested we will be selling these in lots of 100, order yours soon as supplies are likely to run low fast. cordially send messenger and 200 RP and your horses will be delivered no later than the second week of winter or one to two weeks later if ordered later than the first week.
Sincerely Lady Xandri

5ColouredWalker
2020-07-14, 08:48 PM
A second letter for all, signed as being dictated on the behalf of Fortuna Rikkamper.

Lords, Ladies and Leaders of the Kingdom.

I have had the pleasure of speaking with a member of the Fey Courts regarding the enchantments that have touched our realm. To those seeking knowledge of the borders, they have been Blessed. Thorns surround the borders of the kingdom, keeping back a fog that would send all but those with strong wills to sleep. I have been told how the thorns may be removed, but until the fog is lifted, doing so would simply result in it rolling into the kingdom, as it has been made clear to me.

To lift the blessing, we must seek to reach the princess, and provide her with a person who would make her happy, and love her as her betrothed for their lives. While there's doubtless some that would in their hearts wish to try nefariously overreaching their power, I feel we must work together to ensure the enchantment as soon as possible. However, it appears the kings old defenses have been activated by the defenses, so our best bet is to gather our strength and work together, or gain the assistance of the kingdom's Dragons. And I imagine we all know they dislike being asked to talk most years, let alone being asked to assist, unless someone among us remembers enough details about the treaties with them and wish to try calling them to task while most of the kingdom sleeps.

I hope to be able to speak to you all in person on this matter soon, but instead I must manage those still awake under my care for a while longer. Perhaps we could arrange to meet in the summer?

With kind regards.
Fortuna Rikkamper.

drack
2020-07-17, 12:52 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728440677175656449/733689148501917726/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

0 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

Winter reaches slowly across the land, coating it in a healthy dusting of snow which glimmers with crystalline luster under the mellow sun.

ErebusVonMori
2020-07-17, 07:58 AM
It was a slow season, Lord Horhov slowly descending into the monotony of rule, small gains here and there but mostly just one day passing into the next as he oversaw the construction of a smelter for his small settlement.

Heavy Tax: [roll0]
Seasonal Event:[roll1]

Realm Action: Buy Improvement (Smelter)

neriractor
2020-07-19, 10:04 PM
Jexabeth had rested during fall, barely getting up from his hoard to give the occasional sermon, but again he grew restless during winter, perhaps it was the chilly winds or a particularly nagging diamond that always seemed to find the top of the pile, but he saw this season as an opportunity for a progress different from his endless fishing, and his evergrowing congregation seemed to support that claim.

Taxes: [roll0]

season event:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24621650&postcount=30

Shadowflick
2020-07-19, 11:11 PM
As the Fall settles, the cool breath of winter flows through the caverns. Small cave pools turning to ice as the temperature drops lower and lower. TO most this would be unpleasant...but the the Artic Kobold Quintessa, it was a breath of fresh air, her scales rustling from the feeling. Much progress had been made recently. The start of a second camp has risen the spirits of the Knights, there numbers growing larger and larger by the day as they collect more members to there crusade. Quintessa looks up, toward the lands above...she has a future to create.

"This is a Missive from the Knights of the Small Scale, led by Crusader Queen Quintessa. We are a new power within this realm but do not think that we do not care for the well being of the Peoples who live here. We have read the missive from Rikkamper, and can confirm the curses effect. We had recently lost a brave and noble Knight who had ventured too closely to the thorns. There is much to discuss on the matter of the future, of finding the princess and waking her from this nightmare. The Knights of the Small scale will pledge every effort in restoring the old kingdom. Thus, We wish for a Summit. I Will be traveling to the realm of Voldifnorm this season in order to discuss these matters further. I hope that more people may arrive."

Income: 2,500
Governing Upkeep- 100
Total: 2,400

Taxes: 53%

Reagent Fund: 1,217

Realm Fund: 1183

Realm Action:
Build Small Camp (100 RP)- Hex 67

Regent Action:
Recruit- Kobold Crossbow Knight X4. 2 in Kritin's Crusade, 2 in Hollowood's Legacy(636 RP)
Trade Mission to Voldiform!

Military Actions:

Moving the Crossbow Knights from Hollowood's to Squares 66 and 65 (92 RP From Realm Fund)

Moving both units of Knights from Kritin's Crusade to hex 64 (92 RP from Realm Fund

5ColouredWalker
2020-07-22, 02:07 PM
Quietly, small loans move between the Kingdoms of Charming and Beast, funds moving between the two kingdoms as they find their footing.
Somewhat literally, as like nomads, the men of Charming leave the forests for the fields, Caravans full of wood and supplies becoming wood caravans as all through the winter people look to make a more suitable home, despite the signs of blight last season.

Of course, while the Fey are glad to be rid of the humans on their doorstep, they are just as happy to send Aelthanon, The Bear Placator. Or Mouse Slayer, if you want to be eaten by bears. Aelthanon is an Elven adventurer entering is second century of life and looking to enjoy a vacation, 'running' a human village. By which, Fortuna Rikkamper is quick to clarify is the (currently) defenses, farming and animal management because he's not going to exactly say no to a bear befriending druid who's decided he wants some humans to watch over for a bit.
Meanwhile, scouts travel further north into the plains, marking out land for future expansion.

-Don't pay Thorpe Upkeep, making it disapear.
-Reagent Full Round to recreate Thorpe in now owned plains hex for free.
-Pay units to move/upkeep for mercenaries from reagent, before banking everything, costing 52rp.
-Repay and Loan to Errebus costing 110rp.
-Realm builds Crop Rotation in Hex 11.
-Bank money, ending with 52rp for Reagent and 88rp and 37.5gp for Realm.

Aelthanon is my local hero, sheet to still be made. Been busy. Sorry.

neriractor
2020-07-23, 11:01 AM
...and thus he sent his envoys to the nearby communities, those whose collective memory might remember Tulaxcada the almighty lifebearer, and who definitely saw the rest as they flew over the skies they were sole rulers of.

And pilgrims came of many races, though the majority were kobolds already accostumed to swamp life, new huts and buildings were fashioned following the trees or with bricks towards the stable ground until and soon the new inmigrants adapted to the system of tithes administered by the priests and then they were Tulaxcada's serfs as well.

As far as the summons from other nations came Jexabeth ignored them for now, the lands outside this valley were were Tulaxcada dwelt now, and he would hardly become a burden for their master by reaching her sooner than she wanted.

paying upkeep and turning my thorpe into a village.

samduke
2020-07-24, 06:59 AM
As the days start to grow longer and winters snows start to melt spring is not far off.

drack
2020-07-24, 10:53 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728440677175656449/733689148501917726/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

0 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-07-25, 10:18 AM
A letter to All of the other Lords & Ladies of the Realm with known locations.

My Lords and Ladies, the Xanadu Empire wishes to announce the arrival of good stock horses well suited for many things these animals are trained and available for purchase the first week of Spring If you are interested we will be selling these in lots of 100, order yours soon as supplies are likely to run low fast. cordially send messenger and 200 RP and your horses will be delivered no later than the second week of spring or one to two weeks later if ordered later than the first week.
Sincerely Lady Xandri

ErebusVonMori
2020-07-25, 04:51 PM
Lord Vorhov rubs at his eyes, long days of overseeing the expansion of his holdings after months of negotiation and planning. Still it was worth it, it had to be worth the long hours, the trials and tribulation. He could only hope soon he could move onto a war footing and push back against the curse that had befallen their once great kingdom.

Upgrading Thorpe at 1 to a Hamlet

Shadowflick
2020-07-28, 05:02 PM
The Wheel of time moves everforeward, and the Koolds of the Small scale continue to grow stronger. numbers growing by the day, soon enough for yet another crusade to be started. The Comander Calenlot has gone ahead to create his own crusade on Quntessa's orders whilst she continues to negotiate with the Dwarves to foster a trade deal. In order to make this world better, the Kobolds would need allies. That, and seeking the aid of eahcother as opposed to siding with dragons seemed much more preferable.

Income: 3,750 RP
Realm Upkeep: 150
Total: 3600

Heavy Taxes: [roll0]

5ColouredWalker
2020-07-30, 08:13 PM
The Kingdom of Charming

With the peace of winter allowing everyone to rebuild their lives, albeit in the cold while everything is finally set up, nobles and farmers make plans for works and food is distributed, as well as orders for the formation of the local militia. Eventually, a name is even settled on. Rikkamper's Clearing... A name Fortuna takes a great deal of joy laughing at the various puns bards are liable to make up later.

Reagent:
Pay Upkeep (100rp for thorpe.)
Pay Mercenaries 4rp.
Annex hex 5. (One scouts are currently in. I annexed 11 a while ago and I have a settlement there as of last turn, so my borders need updating.)
Bank remaining funds, being 281rp and 40.875gp for Reagent

Realm:
Build Improvement: Armory (20rp. Increases upkeep by 5rp.)
Bank Income: 310rp and 54.687gp for Realm.

samduke
2020-07-31, 06:05 AM
As the days grow longer and the spring rains have come and gone with the start of summer.

ErebusVonMori
2020-07-31, 07:46 AM
It would be another long season for Alexai, the young lord settling his debts first of all but alas the price of honour was being unable to do anything else all season.

drack
2020-07-31, 01:19 PM
Maps (in need of an update)

1 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-08-02, 08:02 AM
A trade agreement between the elven nation and xanadu is negotiated and a hundred good stock horses are delivered to the elven allies in trade for their armor

Shadowflick
2020-08-02, 03:06 PM
With a new season rolling around, and a New road being built between the Knights of the small scale and the Dwarves are built much just be done. The Kobolds start sending goods up there road, and using the profits from the trade start to improve there own camps.

Regent Actions:

Trade with Dwarves: 300 RP

Muster Troops: Elite Crossbow Knights X 3 1257 RP at Hollowoods Legacy

Realm Action:

Upgrade Hollowoods Legacy to Medium Camp 300 RP

Military Actions:
Move Elite Crossbow Knights from Hollowoods Legacy to 65 for 144 RP

5ColouredWalker
2020-08-06, 07:05 AM
Income: 618.75rp (250*6*.25*1.5*1.1)
Reagent Share: *.52=321.75rp
Realm Share: *.48=297

Reagent Actions:
Unbank 281rp and 40.875gp
Pay Upkeep (105 for settlements, 4 for mercs.) [498rp and 78.375gp remaining.]
Give 143 to Realm [355rp and 78.375gp remaining.]
Bank remaining funds.

Realm Actions
Unbank 310rp and 54.687 and receive 143 from Reagent
Buy Irrigation on my Thorpe (750)[0rp and 54.687gp remaining]

neriractor
2020-08-06, 07:32 PM
Jexabeth's had grown lazy during winter, as kobolds not of the working class were wont to do. As the spring moved along and with it an increase in activity he was very surprised to find his hoard swelling faster than usual, and the population employing with new and wild fishing methods (who had ever heard of nets anyway?) and fancy rafts to navigate the most watery parts of their domain, Alar the crafter would be proud, Jexabeth certainly was.

Two turns worth of Tulaxcada’s Lair production used to upgrade the fish market to a fishing fleet.

samduke
2020-08-07, 06:22 AM
Summer has gone and fall has started, Xanadu renews its trade agreement with is ally the elven nation.

Seasonal event [roll0] *Nothing of Note
Taxes Light auto roll a 1 for 20%

drack
2020-08-07, 06:31 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/741018192956096512/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

1 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.[/QUOTE]

neriractor
2020-08-13, 08:50 AM
The season was beyond Boring, which is to say very successful which the hoard swelling happily and a healthy communication being kept with their religious kinsman.

But Jexabeth wasn't satisfied which such steady earnings and decides to engage in the practice of loaning.

Fair rulers if any of you have a surplus, and a wish to strengthen relations between our people I 'll ask of you [150 RP] to be returned as soon as possible.

upkeep paid and the rest kept on hold.

samduke
2020-08-14, 06:58 AM
The last of the fall leaves have dropped and winters snows are in full force.

Season event [roll0] - Embezzlement : The regent’s surplus is reduced by 2d10 percent.
taxes light take the minimum roll of 1 + 19 = 20%

drack
2020-08-14, 07:06 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/741018192956096512/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

1 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

5ColouredWalker
2020-08-15, 06:46 AM
Winter's chill brought Rikkamper's Clearing last year. This time the cheers are for Northreach, where farmers farm along the thorn hedge for security, and the house Rikkamper begins reasserting itself despite it's lean start.

Sorry
Income: 250*1.25*1.5*6*1.1/4=773.4375
Reagent Share: 386 and 35.937gp
Realm Share: 386 and 35.937gp

Reagent: Send 150 away as loan. [1 Action was saved for emergency troop rallying.] Pay 109rp in upkeep. Bank RP [482rp and 114.3125gp]
Realm: Bank RP [386rp and 90.624gp.]

Income: 250*1.25*1.5*6*1.1/4=773.4375
Reagent Share: 409 and 46.093gp
Realm Share: 363 and 25.781gp

Reagent:
-Recieve 150rp as repayment of Loan.
-Pay 134 Upkeep. [Local Hero costs 25 starting from this season] [Funds after this is 907rp and 160.405gp... Almost regained a RP in savings!]
-Donate 1rp to Realm.
-Pay 48rp so scouts can move for a week.
-Spend 1 Action Training, gaining 100xp. (700xp at end of season.)
-Retain 1 actions for raising troops if necessary later in the season.
-Bank 858rp and 160.405gp.

Realm:
-Recieve 1 RP from Reagent
[Starting Funds note: 749rp and 116.405gp]
-Build a Thorpe in Hex 5 as a full round action, costing 750rp. Current Name is Northreach.
-Bank 116.405gp.

Martial:
Move scouts through Hex 10 into Hex 20, where they'll wait.

Note:
Next turn income will be 250*6*1.1*.25 + 250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25 or 1,289.0625rp... Remember to update realmsheet sometime this week.

neriractor
2020-08-16, 06:19 PM
Thanks to the kind loan, Tulaxcada's lair was able to grow both in relative wealth and infrastructure as in population, as more and more independent families joined the community for its benefits and tithed the clergy as was proper.

Pay upkeep, upgrade Tulaxcada's lair to village, receive loan of 150 RP from 5colouredwalker.

Quickly Jexabeth dispatched workers enough to repay his debt, barely denting the new manpower that proudly called themselves Tulaxcada's serfs, folk, and flock he had heard more often. With such a force assembled he set to building a grandeous (comparatively) center of worship, not enough for Tulaxcada but a start. The fish market was also expanded, though he had nothing to do with it.

upkeep paid

150 RP sent to repay 5colouredwalker's loan

Chapel and market built in Tulaxcada's lair.

Pitiful leftovers banked.

samduke
2020-08-21, 07:41 AM
the last of winters snows have melted and the spring rains have begun.

Spring Random Seasonal Event [roll0] nothing of note

Taxes Light auto roll 1 for 20%

drack
2020-08-21, 09:06 PM
Maps

1 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.

5ColouredWalker
2020-08-27, 09:44 AM
With effort comes growth. Northreach is quickly established as Rikkamper's clearing becomes a training and martially area, it's first troops being trained as Fortuna makes sure his fledgeling kingdom has the best defenses he can raise.

Income: 1,289.0625rp
Reagent Share: 34% or 438 rp and 14.062gp
Realm Share: 850rp and 39.062gp

Reagent Actions
Give 150rp to Realm [1,146rp and 174.467gp remaining.]
Pay 200rp for Thorpes, 5 for Armory, 4 for Mercenaries and 50 for Local Heroes [259 total, 887rp remaining.]
2 Action to Train (1000xp total)
Bank 887 RP and 174.467gp minus troop raising cost.

^
Next turn 1 Action to Raise Troops (Rikkamper's Personal Gaurd. Cost is 695rp) and pay for Horses (250 to Samduke)

Realm Actions:
Recieve 150rp from Reagent
Garrison Thorpe Rikkamper's Clearing (250rp)
Build Irridation in Thorpe Northreach (750rp)
Bank RP (155.467gp)

^Plan for following turns. Build Watchtower and Crop Rotation in Northreach. Then Upgrade. Then build Menagerie and Permanent Fortifications..

Next Turn Income:
(250*6*1.1*.25*1.5) + (250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)=1,392.1875.
Disband mercs (Roll them into his personal guard.)

neriractor
2020-08-27, 03:51 PM
Tulaxcada's lair's growth and the rising of a temple more befit (if never worthy, too small were mortal things) their gods had brought greater wealth and fervor upon the inhabitants, but also more responsibilities.

Gone were the weeks spent lounging on his hoard, the priests more than ever needed guidance for attending such a large flock, and those that didn't want such guidance often needed policing.

With more work, and more hands working mistakes piled up, until Jexabeth found a project just out of their reach... again.

To the most seemed rulers and regents of the nearby land, I ask of you a small show of generosity, a measly [200 RP] which we servants of the winged ones will repay in kind.

An emissary from the kingdom of beasts (he was told this wasn't an insulting name) soon arrived, and after much discussion it was agreed, "the whispered one" they worshipped was to be integrated into the pantheon if with baby steps. When the work was done a shrine was built to this new God and a scholar of the whispered one's serfs (he was not sure how they called themselves, and they were pretty hushed about it) helped them work out kinks of holy days and doctrine.

No disaster had occured as furnaces were made and training spaces wrestled from the marsh, this was taken as a sign that Tulaxcada and the other dragons saw the new God as their peer. Jexabeth breathed a sigh of relief.

garrisoning Tulaxcada's lair, paying upkeep and saving a pitiful penny to the bank.

samduke
2020-08-28, 07:16 AM
with the advent of springs new births a good stock of horses are shipped to a nearby kingdom, as summer begins.

Random Season [roll0] Brush Fires: Each plains or forest province has a 50 percent chance of being partially burned, resulting in a 25 percent loss of production (roll for each plains or forest hex in the realm).
taxes heavy take roll of 20 for 59%

drack
2020-08-28, 07:42 AM
Maps

2 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

5ColouredWalker
2020-09-03, 03:21 AM
In Rikkamper's clearing, men gather, standing ready to defend the realm... And Fortuna.

Income: (250*6*1.1*.25*1.5) + (250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)=1,392.1875.
Reagent: 52% or 723 and 46.875gp, plus bank gives a starting total of 1610 RP and 220.954.
Realm: 48% or 668rp and 12.5gp, plus bank gives a starting total of 668rp and 167.967gp

Reagent:
Pay 250rp to Samduke/??? for Horses.
Recieve 1550 from Hamste/Rkanu for a local hero (Trade handled in discord.). 200rp is provided to local hero for travel and other.
Running Total: 2,710 RP and 220.954.
Free: Level up to level 2
Pay 200rp for Thorpes, 5 for Armory and 25 for Local Hero [230 total, 2,480rp remaining.]
Raise Troops: Fortuna's Personal Gaurd (1166.25), 2 Regular Guardsmen, costing 2,056rp and 12.5gp as a Standard Action.
Train (100xp) as a standard action (1200xp)
Bank Income: 424rp and 208.454gp

Realm:
Build Watchtower and Crop Rotation in Northreach, costing 425rp and taking 2 standard actions.
Bank 243 and 167.967gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 2*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)=1,392.1875.
Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*2 for Guardsmen, 200rp for Thorpes, 5 for Armory and 25 for Local Hero, 10 for Lighthouse

Plans:
Build Menagerie and Lighthouse in Clearing. Then Upgrade Northreach.
Build Horses to saddle scouts, consider training/upgrading equipment at same time. Send traveling with Cleric to do scouting/annexing.

Hamste
2020-09-03, 10:00 AM
Criers go out among the various cities and towns to make a declaration in the wealthier districts if allowed as well as put up posters for those who can read.

"Rkanu is holding a Great Tournament to celebrate the end of the fall harvest. It is free to attend and a variety of events are being held. Events include, the Grand Melee, an archery competition, jousting, hand to hand duels, magical performances where the audience decides the winner, a music competition and an art competition. The total prize pool will be over 150000 gold pieces or the economic equivalent and those of exceptional talent may be offered jobs with Rkanu.

For those who wish to enter an event, applications are available and assistance may be given if you are unable to read or write. A test of skill will be held to insure only the best are allowed in."

The application is pretty standard, it waives the right to compensation in the event of harm during the event as long as Rkanu takes reasonable care to prevent it from happening as well as many legalese rules. There is also a section that notes if you are already attached to an organization or if you are looking to be hired.

So for leaders who want to enter, if you win you can choose to take the prize money in RP or it changed into gold (Assuming magical prizes are not available in time). For all events the top prize is 400 rp, second prize is 75 and third is 25. Expenses for travel for the grand melee will also be covered for first, second and third unless they are outrageous (Mainly seeing some people might have economic problems with moving their units for the melee). None of my units or people are currently set to compete but additional prizes may be offered for exhibition matches with them.

Undead are banned from any competition that uses non-lethal damage and if an undead wants to compete in any other competition they must at least seem to be alive.

For the Grand Melee a unit will have to attend (For safety reasons only 1 unit from each nation will be allowed to attend) and they will be set next to each other to fight with non-lethal weapons. This is a melee so no mounts are allowed.

For all the others, you can send any Regent, Hero or single representative of a unit (So if you have a unit you can send the stat block you used to make them for the single representatives). Please note, I reserve the right to turn away anyone for any reason.

For the archery tournament, a series of 5 attack rolls will be made and then all of them will be added together. The person with the highest total wins. In case of ties, it will go to sudden death roll off. Only spells you can cast yourself and last at least 30 minutes will be allowed. You may use your own equipment but not any consumable.

Song competition is identical to the archery competition except performance rolls and you may not cast any spell.

For the jousting tournament, you both make an attack roll against each other. If one person hits and the other misses you are unseated. If both hit you both make power rolls and the person with the lower roll is unseated. If you both miss or tie the power roll you try again. No spells of any kind are allowed in this competition and for safety reasons the lances will be provided by the tournament but you can bring your own armor.

Hand to hand combat is just a non-lethal fight. You bring your own equipment though the fight must be non-lethal. Any spell that you can cast that targets yourself or your equipment and does not affect your opponent is allowed. For example, mage armor is allowed if you want to but a spell that gives a fear aura is not. There is at least 10 minutes between each fight for the chapel to heal you and for other matches to occur. You may not cast any spell targeting your opponent or the terrain. No consumables are allowed.

Magical performances, you just have to be impressive with your description. This is audience decision so it really is up to me. I should note, I assume the audience is not trained in magic so it is all about looks.

Art competition is identical to the magical performances. Note any non-winning artist still owns their work and may sell it afterwards but the winning works are property of Rkana. If expensive materials are used in the art or the artist particularly well known additional prize money may be given.

samduke
2020-09-03, 01:20 PM
Having received an invitation to send representation to a grand tournament with their elven ally Renget Xandri sends a courier with reply.
To the Honorable Rkanu of the elven nation, I would be delighted to send a representation to your grand tournament.

neriractor
2020-09-03, 01:59 PM
The New member of the pantheon was being accepted easily, as his portfolio and motives neither clashed nor overlapped too much with the Dragons that lived amongst mortalkind of their mother godess Tulaxcada.

Jexabeth have had his doubt, but if the pantheon was at all displeased they hadn't shown it. This season the shrine to the mother and the ember fiend of war were even more revered amongst the other gods, as families spent tribute and prayer for the protection of the gods to reach their pious children, the chosen to form Tulaxcada's wings and serve as her vanguard against the dangerous world the previous kingdom left behind. (at least that's how it was sold)

out they went, into the unknown, Jexabeth accompanying them for the first of their journey, it was too important for morale to be avoided.

Repay loan: 200 RP to Erevus, from surplus of course.
Regent actions:
Standard: muster unit (Meditant wings)

Realm actions:
Pay upkeep

martial actions:
free action: move Meditant wings (1), jexabeth will follow them as unit commander though I'm not sure if I have to spend an action to secund my ruler to the unit.

samduke
2020-09-04, 08:02 AM
With the passing of summer the leaves of the trees have turned and fall has begun

Random season event [roll0] Unexpected Harvest

Moderate Taxation auto roll 1 +29 =30%

drack
2020-09-04, 09:44 AM
Maps

2 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.

Hamste
2020-09-04, 02:24 PM
Alen confidently strides down the stairs leading from his new massive fortress towards the festival. Many crossbow men sit on top of the battlements staring out from their various guard posts. A retinue of extremely muscular humans with cold iron weapons follow him around as well as a human in a mithral breast plate acting as guards and making sure the rabble does not get too close. Approaching the town, he smirks at seeing the old hill fort in the distance. Almost abandoned now as the wheels of progress pushed them forward, the town guard still uses it as a base of operations, mostly to keep other factions from seizing it than anything else.

The town itself is celebrating as the wood harvesting finishes for the season. Soon they would turn to working the wood into various things but for now they celebrate. The streets are lined with people as the markets overflow with things for sale and tourists. Various minor events go on around the city from street performers to tests of strength to carnival like games. Brothels are over flowing with visitors and alcohol flows everywhere. Woe to anyone who breaks the rules of this place though. Despite the festivities or perhaps because of them, many crossbow armed guards walk through the streets ever vigilant against the would be pick pocket or robber.

Now though the attention shifts to a mostly clear field just outside the town. Many temporary stands are placed around the edges of the field allow those who wish to watch a chance to see and a small wooden tower structure is set up away from these stands for rulers and other important guests to view the the fights away from the stench and sound of the unwashed masses. The inside the tower is quite opulent for a structure that is quite temporary and well decorated to show the wealth of Rkanu. Various delicacies are served by waiters and Alen's muscle-bound guards stand watch after making sure again no hidden assassin or arsonist is already in the building.

Next to the field sits several opulently dressed people. It would be easy to mistake them for merchants with how well dressed they are but the many holy symbols of various gods of wealth and the injury tent nearby suggests they are actually the medics for the injured.

Ok, so the first event will be the Grand melee.

So I figure you can rp and introduce the unit you brought if there is anything special about how they look or act. I am not sure how many nations including if any npc nations showed up but once I know that I will randomly assign fights for the Grand melee.

I would also like to know OOC which events everyone has competitors for the sake of stream lining the other ones.

samduke
2020-09-04, 02:31 PM
Lady Xandri of Xanadu having received an invitation to the grand tournament hosted by her elven neighbor, which is set to take place late fall, has sent forth her tournament champion in hopes they can take the grand prize.

5ColouredWalker
2020-09-05, 05:11 AM
Selecting trusted individuals, Rikkamper heads off from Rikkamper's Clearing, a productive training camp who's leader core has recently been celected from candidates determined by Fortuna himself. The Garrison's commander retains charge of the growing realm, while people stream into Northreach as scouts redirect people, babies are born and people age up. Slowly but surely, rebuilding this patch of the realm.

Meanwhile, messengers are sent ahead, with Rkanu hearing word from what are clearly untalented heralds announcing Fortuna Rikkamper approaches at the head of a small host of knights, having been sent a couple of weeks early to cross the desert first, the herald's companion leaving trail markers. Additionally there's a letter for Lord Sylbalar.

Lord Sylbalar

I look forward to seeing you in person since our exchange. I'm currently leading my house's reformed house-guard Knights to take part in your trials, as well as a traveler from beyond the fog. I'm hoping we can together talk with him, as he's had some confusion about whether he's gotten lost in the fog or truly comes from beyond it. I have a fear that our kingdom's newest blessing might be altering time as often happens in fey realms. I'm hoping that we can pool resources on the matter, and perhaps use the tournament as an opportunity to rally support for a group investigation on the castle defenses.

In regards to the competition, members of my retinue will be competing in the Grand Melee, Jousting Tournament, Single Melee, Archery contest, and the Magical Display. We'll be arriving in the 7th week of fall, and while we'd prefer to spend time within your walls, are willing to camp without.

Graciously
Lord Fortuna

Soon after the arrival of the Herald and Letter, the House Guard of Rikkamper arrives, 100 knights in gleaming plate astride mighty chargers... At their head is Fortuna Rikkamper himself, bearing the Fortuna Standard of dancing fey around a golden tree on green background. Next to him another knight rides, looking well apart from all the rest, bearing religious heraldry.

Income: 2*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)=1,392.1875.
Reagent: 58% or 807.46875, plus bank gives a starting total of 1,231.4687rp and 208.454gp. [Done this way because after upkeep I have fractional, so converting after upkeep)
Realm: 42% or 584rp and 35.937gp, plus bank gives a starting total of 827rp and 203.905gp. Becomes 828rp and 3.905gp.

Reagent:
Running Total: 1,231.4687rp and 208.454gp.
Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*2 for Guardsmen, 200rp for Thorpes, 5 for Armory and 25 for Local Hero, 10 for Lighthouse [791.5625]
New Total: 439rp and 253.764gp
Raise Troops: Raise 2 Unit Commanders, being Standard Level 2 Commanders with Regular Guardsman equipment, and 1 General, 'Homeguard Commander Jacob Dorner' with 'General of the homeguard' equipment. Costs 167.5rp. ).5 rp becomes 25gp.
Train (100xp) as a standard action (1400xp)
Spend 96rp on martial action movement.
Bank Income: 176rp and 278.764gp

Realm:
Pay Upkeep: 5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (15)
Upgrade Northreach to Hamlet (500rp)
Bank 313rp and 3.905gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*. 5)=2320.3125
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*2 for Guardsmen, 250rp for Thorpe and Hamlet and 25 for Local Hero [806.5625]
Realm: 5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (15)

Plans:
Build Menagerie and Lighthouse in Clearing. Then Upgrade Northreach.
Build Horses to saddle scouts, consider training/upgrading equipment at same time. Send traveling with Cleric to do scouting/annexing.

Hamste
2020-09-05, 08:52 PM
Lord Fortuna

That does interest as well, and it interests me deeply to hear what you think on the subject. I have studied the histories and legends a bit on the subject.

You might be a bit too late on searching the castle depending on how it is passively protected but it does interest us in exploring it and we elves might have a unique advantage against what ever enchantment is on the place. Have you had anyone down there to see what they can learn about the nature of the spell?

Of course, each Lord has an area set up in the nobles quarters that they can use as they wish. It won't be in the fortress walls but it is secure.

Sincerely,
Lord Alen

I said this in the discord but I would like all the tournaments you are competing in if you are competing by some time Sunday. I have 2 people so far.

Hamste
2020-09-08, 01:45 PM
It isn't long before the competition officially begins. An elven lady carrying a lute strums it once before a soft voice loud enough to be heard is projected across the field declaring the first fight of the four fight tournmanent.

Either through rigging or random chance, the first two matches are extremely boring. Two groups of peasants who decided they wanted a chance at free money entered and were set against the professional soldiers the two visiting dignitaries brought with them. Unsurprisingly, they were easily thrashed and the matches ended quickly as long as the knights tried. The two peasant groups fighting each other for third place were at least interesting even just for the insane chaos that was the fight. Their comparatively low skill made the fight last much longer than the previous two rounds and they were going all out for the good amount of money third place would offer them.

Finally, it comes to the last fight of the melee. Lord Fortuna's knights versus Lady Xandri's knights.

neriractor
2020-09-10, 08:56 PM
It was a long harsh winter, not because of deep snows or strong winds, which were largely ignored by the stout and marsh-dwelling kobolds, no, it was long because Jexabeth made a poor choice, or at least one that felt as such.

He grumbled like never before, the elven silk of his bedroll sharing the texture of caltrops when compared to his beatiful hoard back home, it was unseemly to bring it with him to a proper military camp no matter how devoted to him and the dragongods; The food was boring and mostly composed of the enormous ammounts of weasels he had smoked out of their burrows, judging them too dangerous in their traditional swarms for an untrained kobold to deal with. The responsabilities for most administrative duties leaked towards him as his lack of field experience and capability to read and write left him free for it; and of course (and worse of all) every single religious duty was his religious duty, as the regimental priests were far more of the warrior kind than proper orators and ritual workers.

It had been bloody exhausting, but pass the first month, as the burrows he and the soldiers dug started to be filled by the first migrant caravans, and the locals easily converted to the religion that saved them from the weasel menace, he knew it would all be worth. Still, he took a caravan back by the end of the second month, when enough trusted priests had arrived to run the place through them, he really couldn't get a good night's sleep without a hoard.

regent actions:
full-round: annex Hex 19 and build a thorpe (weasel burrows) on it.
pay upkeep.
realm actions:
upkeep as well as cost of the thorpe.
pay upkeep.
martial actions: move meditant wings (1)

samduke
2020-09-11, 05:38 AM
Autumns leaves have fallen and the snows of winter have begun and so to has a new season

Hamste
2020-09-11, 01:40 PM
As the competitions wind down the only main competition that remains is the magic competition.

Even being completely non-magical the peasants are not willing to let easy money go so they entered anyways. It was a strange show, using a variety of tricks that can fool the observer into thinking they are magic. Rabbits were pulled from hats, cups pushed through tables and fires changed colors seemingly at random. The acts are interesting particularly in the complete lack of magic used but the people doing them lack any real stage presence. They didn't draw the audience in or transition well between the acts but it was clearly practiced. Overall they still couldn't place first when compared to an actual spell caster who has a well put together act but they are still more than happy with their second place prize.

With the competitions ending with the peasants finally winning first place in the art and crafting competition at the end. Crowds were gathered and speech is given congratulating the many winners. No awards are given out until they are spoken to privately but he does announce the prizes of the various factions. 1475rp goes to the Kingdom of Charming, 1350rp plus travel expenses goes to the Kingdom of Xanadu and 725 goes to various independents. He particularly focuses his speech on the prizes being worth over 177500 gold pieces and on the amount the independents managed to make. Most likely he hopes to encourage more skilled people to step forward in the future than the peasants who have been filling out the various competitions. The peasants go wild seeing so many of their people suddenly become so rich not seeming to get that all this money probably came from taxes.

drack
2020-09-11, 06:59 PM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/754137246080172152/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

2 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-09-13, 07:59 AM
With winter snows stating a shipment of 100 horses are sent out from xanadu to the elven kingdom to the north, while the kingdom is expanding

5ColouredWalker
2020-09-17, 04:41 AM
Description of the Tourney from a Kingdom of Charming eye view.

With Wooden Capped and Cloth swaddled spears, the pride and joy of the Small Rikkamper Hamlet strides out into the field, plate gleaming, rules having been gone over several times for how hard a hit they need to yeild too, and that there would be referee's from the city so one better be sure not to break the rules and bismirch Rikkamper's name.

They were met with knights like them, but bearing swaddled swords instead... But the men were bigger, not being the pride of a village, but elites of elites, rumoured to train for fighting dragons.

When the call to fight rang out, it showed that one was trained to a much higher degree, lightning fast spears skittered off shields and shoulder guards knocking down nary a few, while measured sword strokes passed around bucklers to land solid blows. Soon it was down to a defensive action around Rikkamper, his prized unit scattered but maintaining cohesion with what was left, before they called to yeild. Maybe a dozen knights at most had been traded for 4 score being declared out or having some sort of injury, before the healers got to healing. Hoping to recover some pride, Fortuna personally congratulated the Dragonslayers in training, glad he at least scattered the peasent levees.

Here, Rikkamper struck personally, his crossbow firing two bullseyes as well as hitting the target's scoreboard on every round. His opponent, one of the knights with a mighty bow did similarly well, however Fortuna's bolts were further to the edge, leaving him to loose by 3 points.

With that, Fortuna offered a bow to the knight.
"Congratulations! You've truly shown yourself to be worthy of your training."

With this, two knights squared off on their steeds. The tie breaking charge to commence.... Two knights in gleaming plate charged the other, practice lances set.
Bam, with the cracking of wood Fortuna's chosen knight is sent to the sand below with the cheering of the crowd.

This time, instead of two knights entering, this time it's a priest. But it's a very similar situation, as were it not for the religious heraldry and aura of light surrounding him the competition would look identical.

Striking first from the call of fight the knight charged in, dancing past Amon's spearpoint, causing Amon to dance back, continually circling and retreating as his swadded spear struck hard against the plate. At first Amon seemed to hold the lead, opening seconds searing the spear snake out and strike the knight repeatedly before Amon took a heavy blow to the head... One he did not bow out from, though his posture seemed more defensive. The knight, clearly an expert managed another heavy blow to Amon's side before he rallied, striking with but and point while the knight managed a few hits. At one point, the cleric even shone with light to the surprise of the crowd and a growl from a staggering Amon. Another strike sent him back, only for Amon to respond with a hit to the top of the knights visor, one that skidded from what would have been a eye strike but still sent the battered knight to the sand.

Seconds passed for the knight to try to rise while the crowd cheered, before Amon lifted his spear in victory, then tossed it aside to the ground and knelt beside the knight, hands glowing as healing magic sort to rouse the knight even before he tended to his own bruises.

Walking on stage, comes Amon Delman, resplendent in his preaching robes, emblazoned with the symbol of Chauntea and one of Fortuna's more freewheeling knights, already prepared for the event as an assistant, Gregory Avver.

"First I call apon Chauntea, to show us the rain that renews! Show us the rain that is bane to foes and friend to life!"
With a crack of thunder, suddenly rain falls from the sky, soaking the stage and obscuring the priest as if through heavy rain, still visable and just shy of the knight, that reaches in, only to pull his hand back with a yell, while Amon begins glowing softly with a faint golden light.
"AND NOW! LET IT DRY!"
With that a pillar of light reaches into the sky, illuminating the patch of clouds that rained down on the stage, for them to cease, with Amon motioning Gregory over, who holds his hand as if burned despite his plate. Of which the gauntlet is now removed, showing acid burned skin.
"Be healed son. And know that whatever your deeds, Chauntea watches. But she is always willing to let one start again. And to heal any pain away."
With a quick prayer, Amon's hands glow with a bright golden light that coats Gregory's arm, leaving the wound completely healed, as if it never were.

"Now, people of [City name because I haven't asked], I ask of you, have you been keeping to your lives, and living to see the growth of all? Chauntea, can you speak for us, have they?!"
Suddenly the earth tremors. One side of the crowd suddenly has the earth shake under them for a moment, some among them falling even as Amon shouts and jumps off the stage, still glowing vibrantly as he approaches, the earth still moving, shifting under the crowd somewhat.

"Oh please Great Mother! Goddes of the Field, free these people from fear and wrath!"
With that the tremors stop, and the rich man suddenly feels a great relief... As well as adoration.
"Thanks Great Mother! Now, I ask. Are any of you hurt? Did any of you feel pain from the Great Mother's displeasure? Are any of you ready to begin a better life?"
And soaked with water, Amon waves his hand once more, and begins to lead people in prayer. Only for some to glow, faintly of silver, as aches and pains from days labour and fatigue from a day well spent active all wash away.

Axiomatic Storm.
Soul of Light.
Sun Bolt and dismissing Axiomatic Storm.
Cure Minor Wounds.
Local Termor.
Restoration and Vigor a few times.

OOC:
Earned 50xp and 1475rp.

After spending an extended period partying and engaging in talks both diplomatic and of the Kingdom's future, Fortuna begins marching his way home laden with prizes.

Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*. 5)=2320.3125
Reagent Share: 40%, or 928.125
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*2 for Guardsmen, 2*14.85 Unit Commanders, 250rp for Thorpe and Hamlet and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General [848.4375]
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 255rp and 34.375gp
Realm Share: 60% or 1,392.1875
Realm Upkeep: 5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (15)
Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 1690rp and 292.044gp

Reagent:
Running Total: 297rp and 306.889gp
Gain 1475 from the tourney winnings.
Raise units (2 Guardsmen with level 2 commanders) 1,008.8
Train for XP: 1600xp (running total)
Pay 48 RP to move back to capital towards end of season.
Bank 715rp and 302.044gp

Realm:
Pay Upkeep: 5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (15)
Upgrade Northreach to Village (1000rp)
Bank: 690rp and 292.044gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )=3867.1875
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 325rp for Thorpe and Hamlet and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General [?]

Plans:
Build thorpe in 'ocean' hex to be army build site. Add garrison and menagerie. Built lighthouse/army in clearing while scrapping garrison and moving troops. Upgrade clearing to village. Begin expasnion.

neriractor
2020-09-17, 09:23 PM
The Winter had been comfy at the weasel's burrow, or so Jexabeth heard, the various gods were being revered properly out there, even by the local humans, if he was to believe the letters, he really hated being so far apart from the growing town, but he had other things to deal with...

The scouts had found prime ground, a swampy haven amidst the hills and mountains south of the Weasel's burrows, and a good omen as well, a gnarled tree grown with age that some of the newly ordained priests of the whispered one said bared resemblance to its hand (or a hand as Jexabeth confirmed but it was good enough); He named it thus Vecna's Lair, and the new settlers placed arond the holy symbol.

Weasel's burrow also struck some ores, though Jexabeth did little but send workers.

Regent:
Build thorpe/annex: hex 28 "Vecna's Lair"
Realm:
build improvement: mine, hex 9 "Weasel's burrows"

pay upkeeps

drack
2020-09-18, 07:59 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/756547555969466418/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

2 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.

Shadowflick
2020-09-24, 10:29 PM
There is a stir to the south, as a crusade grows larger and larger as the weeks go by. Thousands of armored bodies moving beath the earth as they prepare for something...great. Something that will be revealed once it is time. But for now, the Queen of the crusade calls upon her banner men to form there armies.

Week Previous:
Income: 4375
Heavy Taxes total- 2318

Realm:
Upgrade Kritens Crusade to Medium Camp- 300 RP

Regent:

Muster Troops- Steel-Scale Shield Knights X 5 (1785 RP) from Hollowood's Legacy

Military:
Move Steel-Scale Knights to hex 59 (240 RP)

Current Week
Income: 5000
Heavy Taxes Total- 2300

Realm:

Upgrade Calenot's 2nd Crusade to Medium Camp - 300 RP

Regent:

Muster Troops- Steel- Scale Shield Knights X5 (1785) from Hollowood's Legacy

Military:

Move Steel Scale Knights to hex 59 (240 RP)

5ColouredWalker
2020-09-25, 01:46 AM
A sleepy turn.
Income: Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.25)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )=3867.1875
Reagent Share: 47%, or 1,817.578125
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 325rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General [1185.6375]
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 1,346rp and 336.419gp
Realm Share: 53% or 2,049.609375
Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 2,740rp and 122.512gp

Reagent:
Full: Annex and Thorpe in Hex 22 'Tradepath Village'
XP: 1700xp (running total)
Pay 48 RP to move scouts to hex 22.
Bank 715rp and 302.044gp

Realm:
Upgrade 'Rikkampers Clearing' to Hamlet: 500
Bank: 2,240rp and 122.512gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )=4640.625
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General [1235.6375]
Realm Upkeep: 7.5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (22.5)

Plans:
Expand for building a road to Hamste.
Build thorpe in 'ocean' hex to be army build site. Add garrison and menagerie. Built lighthouse/army in clearing while scrapping garrison and moving troops. Upgrade clearing to village. Begin expasnion.

samduke
2020-09-25, 04:18 AM
Move Steel-Scale Knights to hex 59 (240 RP)
Move Steel Scale Knights to hex 59 (240 RP)
[/SPOILER]

just curious if you really ment 69 vs 59 ?

Summer has come to Xanadu
Royal messengers have been dispatched with haste to some of the smaller kingdoms
Many Knights have departed on a great crusade
Towards the end of summer Regent Xandri has learned a great a terrible truth - they do exist!

drack
2020-09-25, 07:26 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/759027835519893514/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

3 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

Hamste
2020-09-25, 10:12 AM
Lately Rkanu has been buying up thousands upon thousands of books. The topics range massively and they seem to be buying every book they can get their hands on from the most common romance novel to extremely rare strategic guides. The many books all disappear into their fortress not to be seen by most ever again. Wood is diverted to being pulped so that copies of books people refuse to sell but will lend can be made and a small library is opened up in Rkanu as duplicates are either accidentally bought or included in trade deals. Those who the books are bought from report four extremely elderly humans watching over everything. The price of books slowly rises over the weeks as the buying does not stop. Massive amounts of high quality wood, marble and artisians are brought into the fortress. High quality pieces of furniture are bought up and tapestries are made.

As the buying slowly dies down and book prices start returning to normal, town criers start spreading out again.

"The Grand Library of Rkana has been completed. It is not open to the public but we have hired four great sages to handle any questions people might have in exchange for a fee depending on the difficulty of the question. If the question can't be answered your money will be returned minus any thing used for spells.

We are also offering a bounty for books from the Royal Library in the cursed castle. We hope it can assist with our ability to counter the sleeping spell cast on our king as well as fill in any blanks missing in our knowledge."

neriractor
2020-09-28, 03:48 PM
Tulaxcada's serfs grew isolated, or rather cared more about its own affairs (it, as the entity could no longer be seen as nothing but a by product of it's head of state Jexabeth) as the new settlements grew with the support of the main lair, the small army of sacred warriors patrolled the nearby lands living of the land.

actions, build improvements:
Smelter for Weasel's burrow.
Fish market for Vecna's Lair.
bank income.

Vecna's lair was poisonous, as in literally, vipers flooding the already vile swamp, the locals knew their swamps well and eagerly traded knowledge with the new arrivals for a price, soon enough the local people, wise to their swamp as the new settlers were to Tulaxcada's had won a strong place within the town, handling the poisonous vermin and converting, if only to evade any undue attention by the priests, interested in their long term usefulness Jexabeth sponsored them, tying them further to the church. At the same time they improved the main chapel, expanding barracks for the priesthood and adding a shrine for the whispered one, as the new addition to the pantheon was clearly pulling his weight and deserved proper recognition.

Actions:

Build gangThieves guild (Vecna's lair, Hex 28).
build fishing fleet, Vecna's lair.

samduke
2020-10-02, 03:15 AM
as summer draws to a close the Xanadu kingdom has discovered they do exist.
fall season sees trade relations improve

drack
2020-10-02, 09:03 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/761966345545056286/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/761588867152609291/040numberedmap_zps1c393fdb.png

3 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.

neriractor
2020-10-08, 01:52 PM
After a peaceful border incident and the tapping of a previously unknown wealth of resources Jexabeth and the church's leadership decided the time for isolation ended when they spread from Tulaxcada's lair and in an effort to join the nearby community and keep the connections already forged with exchange of coin, labour and divine law.

pay upkeep, bank surplus.
Realm:
build set of roads connecting all settlements and on hex 20 towards the rest of the road network.

drack
2020-10-09, 07:35 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/761966345545056286/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/761588867152609291/040numberedmap_zps1c393fdb.png

3 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-10-09, 08:00 AM
With the last breath of falls winds the snows of winter have come early and with them have come a great hero to join the Xanadu empire

5ColouredWalker
2020-10-13, 05:25 AM
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+1*(250*4*1.1*.25 )=4,915.625
Control Upkeep: 3 settlements, 7% (Next increase at 4), Remaining =4,582.53125
Reagent Share: 30%, or 1,294.734375+76.725
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1273.1375]
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 813rp and 352.512gp
Realm Share: 70% or 3,021.046875+179.025
Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 5,417rp and 151.106gp

Reagent:
Reviece 200rp from Hamste.
Trade action: 300rp
Backpay for Garrison/Upgrading Garrisoned population center: 125 for upgrading, 125rp for 3 missed upkeeps + this turn. (250rp)
Backpay for % of realm income lost. 361rp and 37.180gp total. (Worked out by excell)

Bank 108rp and 315.332gp.
XP: 1800xp (running total)

Realm:
Backpay for % of realm income lost. 410rp and 33.133gp
4,828+179.025rp and 116.723gp
Full round actions, build roads in every hex of my realm. Total is 2300rp.
Bank: 2,707rp and 117.973gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste income.
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*4 for Guardsmen, 4*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1273.1375]

Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste income. (2197.26) for Total: 7,112.885
Control Upkeep: 3 settlements, 7% (Next increase at 4), Remaining =6,899.49845
Reagent Share: 47%, or 3,242.7642715
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 2,077rp and 346.671gp
Realm Share: 53% or 3,996.895497430233
Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 6,681rp and 162.752gp

Reagent:
Pay 200rp to Hamste.
Trade action (Samduke): 300rp
Raise 2 Guardsman units and their commanders, units costing 1,008.8

Bank 568rp and 366.671gp
XP: 1900xp (running total)

Realm:
Build Menagerie in Rikkamper's Clearing (900rp, 225rp upkeep)
Build Level 3 Chapel in Northreach (4500rp)
Bank: 1,281rp and 162.752gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste and Samduke income.
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*6 for Guardsmen, 6*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1,525.3375]
Realm Upkeep: 225 for 3 CR Menagerie. 7.5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (247.5)

Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste (2197.26) and Samduke (1,237) income, =8,349.885
Control Upkeep: 3 settlements, 7% (Next increase at 4), Remaining =7,765.39305
Reagent Share: 52% (Windfall), or 4,038.004386
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*6 for Guardsmen, 6*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1,525.3375]
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 3,080rp and 390.0153gp
Realm Share: 62% or 4,814.543691
Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 9,073rp and 164.937gp

Reagent:
Build a unit, including begining to breed a Magebred Warbeast Horse mount unit (Doesn't appear until next season) and 3 units of guards with leaders. [1,508.76+Mount unit cost.]
Pay 96rp for moving units.
Create Formation: Company of 9 Guardsmen. (225)
Bank: 1,150.24-unit build costs rp and 390.0153gp
XP: 2000xp (running total)

Realm:
Upgrade Chapel and build Arcane Tower (3000)
Bank: 6,073rp and 164.937gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste and Samduke income.
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9 for Guardsmen, 9*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1,525.3375]
Realm Upkeep: 225 for 3 CR Menagerie. 7.5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (247.5)

neriractor
2020-10-13, 03:35 PM
The influence of the new branch of the church was keenly felt within Vecna's lair and slowly but surely the settlement grew, as the dangerous marsh was tamed and its resources put to good use.

pay upkeep, bank surplus.
improve thorpe vecna's lair to hamlet, hex 28.

samduke
2020-10-16, 06:29 AM
as winters snows melt some of the locals find a wealth of valuables and turn them over to the regent as she has been kind in her rule over them. With Sprint comes new trading from the far west it is hoped this new relation will bring greater understanding to the strange occurrences within the realm

drack
2020-10-16, 01:23 PM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/766965698739699712/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

3 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.

neriractor
2020-10-22, 12:49 PM
the new order of vecna's "templars" continued to be of aid to tulaxcada's serfs, with a senior of their members (and keeper of the main shrine to the deity) joining the fledgling ruling council of the church's hierarchy with the ranking priest of the trickster Ryuudinne supporting the formal addition.

Once in the advising body whisper (a formal name taken by the head priest of the whispered one) pushed for a more active diplomatic stance, and Jexabeth already thinking of such sent trade missions to some of the nearer states (both from relations as well as distance), taking care that any failure could be pushed on whisper.

Meanwhile the consequences of a growing empire manifested and the capital looked more like a proper capital each passing day...

regent action:
start trade with samduke and erevus_von_mori
realm action:
upgrade Tulaxcada's lair to small town.

samduke
2020-10-23, 04:14 AM
The spring plantings have been done and summers warm breezes blow through the air.

drack
2020-10-23, 08:42 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/769193783342268416/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

4 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-10-23, 09:28 AM
drack you missed my annex hex 46 apparently

5ColouredWalker
2020-10-29, 06:37 AM
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste (2197.26) and Samduke (1,237) income, =8,349.885
Reagent Share: 44% (Windfall), or 3416.772942
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9 for Guardsmen, 9*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1902.5275]
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 2,664.485442(-Magebred Warbeast Cost) rp and 390.0153gp
Realm Share: 56% or 4348.620108
Realm Upkeep: 7.5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (247.5)
Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 10174rp and 170.9424gp

Reagent:
Aquire Magebred Horses, and trade Rikkamper's personal unit's mounts for them. Give Heavy Warhorse mounts to Scouts. (Costed 290 to buy. Then 35 for mount attack change)
Get one for self: 800gp, or 400gp and 8rp.
Train: +100xp
Pay 96rp for moving Scouts (Moving to Rikkamper's Clearing then end in hex below northreach and next to Neir, making camp around the lake).
Pay 108rp for moving Guard Company to Northreach.
Bank: 1917rp and 39.530gp
XP: 2200xp (running total)

Realm:
Upgrade chapel to level 3 (1500) < Temple is of Luck and Protection, dedicated to Chaentae and Tymora.
Build Permanent Fortification: 15 unit Castle, with a 7 unit Keep. Heavy Wood Gate in Each. Applied to Northreach. (4000) Takes 79 weeks to construct. 9 units building, takes 9 weeks. Finishes the end of next season.
Bank: 4674rp and 170.9424gp

Next Turn Income:
Reagent Upkeep: 346.5625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9 for Guardsmen, 9*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1905.0275] + Magebred Warbeast Heavy Horse

Reagent Share: 40%, or 3106.15722
Reagent Bank: 1917rp and 39.530gp
Reagent Upkeep: 346.5625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9 for Guardsmen, 9*14.85 Unit Commanders, 375rp for Thorpe and Village and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1905.0275]
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 3118rp + 46.016gp
Realm Share: 60% or 4659.23583
Realm bank: 4674rp and 170.9424gp
Realm Total post Upkeep 6 Bank: 9086rp and 7.7339gp

Reagent/Martial:
Fortify Company in Northreach at end of turn. (Note, this reduces upkeep)
Train Twice
Bank: 3118rp + 46.016gp
XP: 2500xp (running total)

Realm:
Upgrade Northreach to Small Town (5000)
Bank: 5086rp and 7.7339gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*2 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25) =8009.375 + 15% of Hamste and Samduke income. [Note, Loose Hamste on turn 4-2. Loose Sam on 4-3]
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9*.9 for Guardsmen, 9*14.85 Unit Commanders, 1200rp for Thorpes and Small Town and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for Level 2 General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet [1802.4025]
Realm Bank: 5086rp and 7.7339gp
Reagent Bank: 3118rp + 46.016gp

neriractor
2020-10-29, 10:30 PM
4th year

as if nearing the climax of a race, the ever growing capital of Tulaxcada's lair found itself if not stopping that growth then finding it smaller compared to how big the town had gotten. Meanwhile, the rival Vecna's lair kept growing exponentially, in small strides at first, but compared to their overall size they were unprecedented and more and more business and people flocked to the blessed settlement.

Weasels' burrows existed.

upgrading Vecna's lair to hamlet. Not much else.

drack
2020-10-30, 08:33 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/769619640552783892/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

4 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-10-30, 09:40 AM
As summer draws to a close the leaves of the trees begin to shift to the wonderful colors that are fall.
trade between empires continues as the Xanadu kingdom grows slightly

(drack you missed this seasons hex)

Hamste
2020-10-30, 11:27 AM
The cryers go across the land yet again to decree.

"We are holding the second Great Tournament, many grand prizes will be handed out and a reward of over 150000 gold pieces or the economic equivalent is yet again up for grabs. Do not be afraid to sign up even if you are not backed by anyone. A handful of free agents signed up for the last tournament and won great prizes. Don't miss out!"

There is a flier and form you can fill out. Prizes and tournament challenges all appear to be identical to the last tournament.

5ColouredWalker
2020-11-06, 06:15 AM
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste (Needs renewal on 4.2) (2197.26) and Samduke (1,237) (Needs Renewal income, =8,349.885
Reagent Share: 49%, or 3,805.0425945
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9*.9 for Guardsmen, 9*14.85 Unit Commanders, 1200rp for Thorpes and Small Town and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for General, 37.5rp for Garrison of Hamlet [1802.4025] 394.075
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 5,018rp + 46.771gp
Realm Share: 51% or 3,960.3504555
Realm Total post Upkeep & Bank: 8,798rp and 50.255gp

Reagent/Martial:
Recruit 4 Guards with commanders, a general, all with the Garrison upgrade. (2,580+237.6+12.75) , 1 Royal Huntsmen (1160) (Prepay the riders for next season so need to do a training for them, but making magebred horses now.). Pay (16)rp for Magebred Warbeast Light Horse for Cleric. Prepay Huntsmaster Leader (Modified General) (63.2) [4,069.55]
Train: 100xp
Bank:
XP: 2700xp (running total)

Realm:
Upgrade Wizard Tower *2 (3000) Level 3. Northreach.
Bank: 5,798rp and 50.255gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*2 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25) =8009.375 + 15% of Hamste and Samduke income. [Note, Loose Hamste on turn 4-2. Loose Sam on 4-3]
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9*.9 for Guardsmen, 13*14.85 Unit Commanders, 1200rp for Thorpes and Small Town and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175*2 for General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet, 80.625*4 for Garrison Guardsmen [1,802.4025] 305.8 for Huntsmaster and Royal Huntsman will be added in next turn.

drack
2020-11-06, 09:06 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/774818683968946217/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

4 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-11-06, 11:03 AM
winter has arrived as the xanadu kingdom settles in for the snows to fill the valley

neriractor
2020-11-10, 08:40 PM
fluff pending Upgrading Vecna's lair to small town

fluff pending Weasel's burrow upgraded to hamlet

samduke
2020-11-13, 07:46 AM
Season 4.2 (Spring)
The cool breeze from the last breath of winter lingers a bit in the air as springs flowers arrive

drack
2020-11-13, 12:03 PM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/776854570638508032/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

4 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.

drack
2020-11-20, 07:27 AM
Maps

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727699623850016873/776854570638508032/043Politicalmap_zps9ab623db.png

5 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

neriractor
2020-11-21, 11:40 AM
the smelters in Weasel burrows suddenly fail. Fearing sabotage meditant wings are trained to deter any such further actions, the chapel in Tulaxcada's lair is improved upon and the asset is quickly repaired as well.

regent:
raise 3 units of meditant wings, move them to different hexes.
realm:
upgrade chapel to level 3
repair smelter in weasels burrow.

Weasels burrow starts catching up to the more successful towns, as the training of soldiers give their mines and smelters plenty of work to do.

realm:
improve weasels burrow to village.

5ColouredWalker
2020-11-26, 09:52 PM
Income: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste (Needs renewal on 5.2) (2197.26) and Samduke (1,439) (Needs Renewal 5.3) income, =8,551.885
Income from previous seasons: 1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.25*1.1*1.5*1 )+*(250*4*1.1*.25 =4915.625 + 15% of Hamste (Needs renewal on 5.2) (2197.26) and Samduke (1,237) *2 = 16,699.77
Total Income = 25,251.655
Control Upkeep: 3 settlements, 7% (Next increase at 4), Remaining =23,484.03915
Reagent Share: ((30+45+37)/3) 37.33333%, or 14,716.66453399984
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9*.9 for Guardsmen, 9*14.85 Unit Commanders, 1200rp for Thorpes and Small Town and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175 for General, 37.5rp for Garrison of Hamlet [1802.4025]*3
Reagent Total post Upkeep + Bank: 12,427 + 69.623gp
Realm Share: (70+70+63)/3=67.6% or 15,890.86649134344
Realm Upkeep: 7.5 for Armory and 10 for Lighthouse (247.5)*3
Realm Total post Upkeep & Bank:20,234rp and 68.580gp

Reagent/Martial:
Running Tally: 12,427 + 69.623gp
Upgrade personal Guard and build equipment (Cost to be determined, personal guard now level 3.)
Pay for movement adjacent to fey forest and back. (24 rp)
Train: 100xp
Recieve 900rp from Hamste buying xp.
Bank: 13303 + 69.623gp - equipment costs.
XP: 3100xp (running total) <Level Up!

Realm:
Upgrade Northreach to Large Town (20000). [I have the funds, might as well]
Bank: 234rp and 68.580gp

Next Turn Income:
Income: 1*(250*6*1.1*1.5*.5)+1*(250*6*1.1*1.5*2.5)+1*(250* 4*1.1*.25) =7700 + 15% of Hamste and Samduke income.
Reagent Upkeep: 344.0625 for Rikkamper's Guard, 111.25*9*.9 for Guardsmen, 13*14.85 Unit Commanders, 1700rp for Thorpes and Small Town and 25 for Local Hero, 12.175*2 for General, 37.5rp for garrison of Hamlet, 80.625*4 for Garrison Guardsmen [1,802.4025] 305.8 for Huntsmaster and Royal Huntsman will be added in next turn.

drack
2020-11-27, 08:26 AM
Maps

5 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-11-27, 11:21 AM
with the change of color in the trees the fall harvest has begun as provinces expand buildings upon them.

samduke
2020-12-04, 06:27 AM
winter arrives suddenly without waiting for the last of the leaves to drop from the trees.

drack
2020-12-04, 09:12 AM
Maps

5 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

drack
2020-12-11, 10:19 AM
Maps

5 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-12-11, 02:49 PM
spring has arrived with the last melt of snow

drack
2020-12-19, 06:47 AM
Maps

6 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-12-19, 07:09 AM
season s change things come things go and the warmth of summer has begun

drack
2020-12-25, 12:28 PM
Maps

6 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2020-12-25, 08:08 PM
6.1: Falls leaves have started to turn colors early this year indicating a long winter ahead

samduke
2021-01-02, 08:11 AM
6.2 Winter has come, it is cold out there, the winds blow and the snow falls even more.

drack
2021-01-02, 12:57 PM
Maps

6 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

drack
2021-01-09, 06:59 AM
Maps

6 year(s) and 3 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2021-01-09, 07:05 AM
Season 6.3 (Spring) spring sprang sprung, tis the season for refreshing things

samduke
2021-01-15, 07:27 AM
Summers heat arrives along with that the waters dry around the marshes, Shallow Waters has occurred.

drack
2021-01-18, 08:47 PM
Maps

7 year(s) and 0 season(s) since the start of your reign.

drack
2021-01-22, 09:21 AM
Maps

7 year(s) and 1 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2021-01-26, 11:43 AM
and with fall the leaves turn and it looks like winter may come earlier than usual

samduke
2021-01-29, 11:53 AM
Winter has come, the snows are light this year

drack
2021-01-29, 08:07 PM
Maps

7 year(s) and 2 season(s) since the start of your reign.

samduke
2021-02-05, 02:15 PM
season 7.3 spring
status of unknown # players playing still ?

samduke
2021-02-13, 01:40 PM
season 8.0 summer, no recent sign of gm last effort before deciding game is dead

samduke
2021-02-19, 09:36 AM
fall season 8.1 has started and no signs of the gm I will give this 1 more week

samduke
2021-02-26, 06:40 AM
recovery - it lives yet - now for re-recruitment